TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schwarzkopf Jet Star Finally Opens 35 Years Late

This is quite an amazing story. 35 years ago a Schwarzkopf Jet Star was sold to Parque de la Ciudad in Argentina. The park was the subject of a national scandal during construction and its early years. The scandal involved misdeeds under the former military dictatorship and as a result, the park was never properly completed. Many of you will know the famous Intamin racing coaster Vertigorama from this park which was built but never operated.

The Jet Star befell a similar fate and was never set up. The ride sat there for decades until eventually the ride was sold and entered storage in Santa Fe (Argentina not New Mexico) and seemingly vanished.

Fast forwards to the present and the ride has reappeared, refurbished and repainted. Now incredibly 35 years after its original sale a Schwarzkopf Jet Star is getting its first riders. The Ride is currently operating in Saenz Peña at Ferichaco.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

As a word of caution... I'd turn the sound down a bit for this video

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Such a coaster that fits in a small space, yet offers big thrills. Nowadays, everyone wants to run the tallest, fastest, and insane-looking coaster as they forget that even the little coasters can offer thrills just like the big daddies. I may like to ride big rides, but I also like the smaller rides as well.

Too bad this coaster is in a place I probably won't be able to visit within my lifetime. Oh well, I can always watch the video and pretend I'm ridding it.

Such a coaster that fits in a small space, yet offers big thrills. Nowadays, everyone wants to run the tallest, fastest, and insane-looking coaster as they forget that even the little coasters can offer thrills just like the big daddies. I may like to ride big rides, but I also like the smaller rides as well.

Too bad this coaster is in a place I probably won't be able to visit within my lifetime. Oh well, I can always watch the video and pretend I'm ridding it.

I agree with you. I wish more Chance rollercoaster were being made because Lightning Run seems to be awesome, compact/small, and packs a punch that some huge coasters do not even get close to.

I agree with you. I wish more Chance rollercoaster were being made because Lightning Run seems to be awesome, compact/small, and packs a punch that some huge coasters do not even get close to.

I feel like small rides with a good ability to thrill are still being made and catching on. The S&S Freespins are a good example. The RMC Raptors are not huge and yet the reviews for them suggest that they are very good. Eurofighter coasters by Gerstlauer are also very good rides. So, the concept of small but intense roller coasters is still very alive today.