Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Culture and the world's craziest mountain coaster!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!
User avatar
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Location: Delaware
Gender: Male
Age: 42

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby deguy123 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:25 am

Amazing pictures!

Wildfire was amazing!!!! The trip from Stockholm was 100000% worth it. Also the Fanta was amazing!
14364630_10209749163858987_5778411402591889373_n.jpg
14322225_10209749164979015_2772554316533548405_n.jpg
Image


North East Trip 2011

LeviaTHON 2012

Scandi 2014

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6776
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:52 am

cfc wrote:^Speaking of culture, the Vesta Museum in Stockholm is pretty cool.

I enjoyed my visit to Kolmarden, too--especially Wildfire and the Safari gondola ride.


The safari sky ride sounded really cool, but since I was limited for time I skipped it. If I had a full day, I definitely would have hit it. My concern was that the sky ride would be a long ride and eat up most of my Wildfire time or worse, cause me to miss the bus.

ElectricUncleSam wrote:I know I'm late to remark on this one, but Grona Lund can seriously rival places like CP when it comes to their concerts. In the past few years alone, they've had Skillet, Ghost, 5 Seconds Of Summer, Korn, Bad Religion, Megadeth, Brad Paisley, Elton John, Slayer, Rob Zombie, Iggy Pop, and Beastie Boys. Sources courtesy of setlist.fm btw


That was a really impressive lineup for concerts. It does make sense since the park is right in the city though. I saw online they reached capacity and had to close their gates for the Elton John one. Even with the concert, crowds were totally manageable and it never felt too crowded.

boldikus wrote:Great update. Wildfire looks unreal.


Thanks! I had to keep pinching myself to realize I wasn't dreaming.

deguy123 wrote:Amazing pictures!

Wildfire was amazing!!!! The trip from Stockholm was 100000% worth it. Also the Fanta was amazing!


Thanks! I don't like sugar, so I had to skip out on the Fanta, but I was too busy riding Wildfire anyway. That ride is outstanding and I can't wait to try some of the other RMC woodies stateside.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Bonafide Donkey Expert
User avatar
 
Posts: 1024
Joined: 20 Aug 2017
Location: Probably at SFoG
Gender: Male
Age: 16

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Dombot » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:19 am

Awesome report as usual. Wildfire looks insane, but dear Jesus that Viking boat. I would go to Europe just for that. It looks so effin' good. :lover:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Goliath (SFoG) 5. Mako
6. Twisted Cyclone 7. Alpengeist 8. Mine Blower 9. Montu 10. Incredible Hulk


"If you trip me I will crumble and fall because I am a poorly structured building" ~Carson King

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6776
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:43 am

Thanks! Yeah that Viking boat was probably my favorite meal overseas because of how weird and unexpected it was.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

I've gone pantless!
User avatar
 
Posts: 34348
Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)
Gender: Male
Age: 59

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby cfc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 am

The sky ride is very long, so your caution was warranted.
Image
Image

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6776
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:35 am

Anytime I hear safari ride, I immediately assume the ride is at least a half hour.

I ended up assuming the same thing with the one at Chessington later in the trip. While missing a train would have sucked, missing an international flight back home would have really sucked.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 14635
Joined: 16 Feb 2005
Location: The bar
Gender: Male
Age: 31

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby coasterbill » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:17 pm

I just read the Grona Lund report and Kolmarden report and enjoyed them both immensely. I recently discovered that flights to Copenhagen and Stockholm can be sort of reasonable and planned a train trip that includes Copenhagen, Tivoli, Liseberg, Kolmarden, Grona Lund and Stockolm. I even found some cool cultural stuff and museums to check out (and I normally hate museums but they look awesome).

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on that once Grona Lund gets their invert, so this report is awesome to read and if you don't mind I may pick your brain in a year or two when I really start planning it out. We'll be spending a full day at Kolmarden though. They have the most impressive animal collection I've ever seen at a zoo and they have a safari sky ride with animals which is pretty much the perfect combination of my favorite things and Brit's favorite things all in one ride. :lol:

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 33768
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Swimming in the Ocean
Gender: Female
Age: 38

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby SharkTums » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:24 pm

coasterbill wrote: They have the most impressive animal collection I've ever seen at a zoo and they have a safari sky ride with animals which is pretty much the perfect combination of my favorite things and Brit's favorite things all in one ride. :lol:


Seriously the Sky Ride Safari was one of the coolest things EVER!!! I'm sorry, but credit whore, timing, whatever, it's kind of dumb to go all the way out to Kolmarden and not do it. We have some of our favorite memories of the Europe Trip from that Sky Ride! Plus, it's kind of a cool preview of the upcoming WDW Transportation system.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 5666
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Location: KCMO
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:43 pm

Not to mention that they feed horses to the kings of the jungle! :lol:
Image

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6776
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 Foreign Adventures

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:43 pm

coasterbill wrote:I just read the Grona Lund report and Kolmarden report and enjoyed them both immensely. I recently discovered that flights to Copenhagen and Stockholm can be sort of reasonable and planned a train trip that includes Copenhagen, Tivoli, Liseberg, Kolmarden, Grona Lund and Stockolm. I even found some cool cultural stuff and museums to check out (and I normally hate museums but they look awesome).

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on that once Grona Lund gets their invert, so this report is awesome to read and if you don't mind I may pick your brain in a year or two when I really start planning it out. We'll be spending a full day at Kolmarden though. They have the most impressive animal collection I've ever seen at a zoo and they have a safari sky ride with animals which is pretty much the perfect combination of my favorite things and Brit's favorite things all in one ride. :lol:


I definitely recommend it! I still have my itinerary and trains written down, so I can share how I was able to get around Sweden via train and bus. The transportation network in Europe is outstanding.

When I eventually return, a full day is definitely in order so I can enjoy everything the zoo has to offer (and get many more rides on Wildfire). With the weekend only operations and Friday being my last day in Sweden, I had to decide between Liseberg only, Kolmarden only, or a very brief visit to Kolmarden and then Liseberg. Since I wasn't cutting Liseberg out under any circumstances and wanted to ride the shiny RMC, I picked the latter.

SharkTums wrote:
coasterbill wrote: They have the most impressive animal collection I've ever seen at a zoo and they have a safari sky ride with animals which is pretty much the perfect combination of my favorite things and Brit's favorite things all in one ride. :lol:


Seriously the Sky Ride Safari was one of the coolest things EVER!!! I'm sorry, but credit whore, timing, whatever, it's kind of dumb to go all the way out to Kolmarden and not do it. We have some of our favorite memories of the Europe Trip from that Sky Ride! Plus, it's kind of a cool preview of the upcoming WDW Transportation system.


I actually wasn't planning on hitting Sweden when I planned the week out in Europe before Oktoberfest. I was planning on hitting Heide and Hansa Park on that Thursday and Friday before the meet up in Munich on Saturday. But with Colossos being down for the year, I switched the plans to Sweden. Liseberg and Kolmarden were weekend only. I wasn't going to cut out Liseberg, so my options on Friday were 7 hours at Liseberg or 2 at Kolmarden and 5 at Liseberg. Definitely not an ideal amount of time at Kolmarden, but Wildfire was definitely worth it and Club TPR had the free admission for the park.

Next time I'll hopefully visit in the summer when everything is open normal hours so I don't have to cram what looks like an amazing zoo and an outstanding park into one long day. That way I won't have to cut out the Sky Ride Safari.

Philrad71 wrote:Not to mention that they feed horses to the kings of the jungle! :lol:


Even more reason to return!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron