Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Christmas at Dollywood & finally riding Lightning Rod!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's 2017 US Adventures

Postby coasterbill » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:19 am

Great report of a great park! I'm pretty sure that Skyway station was always a turnaround station and nothing more. I feel like Magic Kingdom had a similar bend in theirs, but I could be wrong.

Canobie Coaster wrote:Dorney fans, does it sting seeing a similar coaster still operating?

No, because I visit Busch Gardens Tampa way more often than I visit Dorney even though Dorney is 2 hours from the house because... well... Dorney. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:16 pm

I said Dorney fans not Dorney homers. :lmao:

The last time I went to Dorney wasn't by choice. I was in eastern PA on a Friday in September. I checked Knoebels. Closed
Hershey. Closed. Six Flags Great Adventure. Closed. Meanwhile Dorney was open. They have great operations and some good rides; they just pale in comparison to all those places.

That's interesting on the Sky Ride. It was weird but I'm glad they did it since it let me experience two distinctly different segments.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventureland (Iowa) & Arnolds Park

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:59 pm

No shame for going to Legoland. Legos aren't toys. They're a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system. :lol:

Every TR I've seen of Busch Gardens makes the place look incredible, and this one doesn't break the chain. Glad you had fun, but I get the vibe that it's impossible not to.

Loving this report! Can't wait to see what park you visited next!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:No shame for going to Legoland. Legos aren't toys. They're a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system. :lol:

Screenshot001.jpg

They're both. I still have all my old Legos and use them to design alien species for a graphic novel series I'm writing.
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 129 (24 wood/105 steel)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:46 am

^ Who needs a toy store now when you have the Lego Store.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:No shame for going to Legoland. Legos aren't toys. They're a highly sophisticated interlocking brick system. :lol:

Every TR I've seen of Busch Gardens makes the place look incredible, and this one doesn't break the chain. Glad you had fun, but I get the vibe that it's impossible not to.

Loving this report! Can't wait to see what park you visited next!

Thanks! Busch Gardens definitely was as nice as it looked.

I may be able to fit in one or two more park winter events but it all depends where and when family Christmas parties are.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:39 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Who needs a toy store now when you have the Lego Store.

maxresdefault_(1).jpg
Take a Journey Into The Unknown Latest Update: Carowinds

Parks: 23
Coasters: 129 (24 wood/105 steel)

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 pm

Super report from your time at BGT! I've never been there and was actually talking to someone last night about getting down there in the next year or two. Between all the spectacular xmas lights and cooler temps it would seem to me that the best time to visit is towards the end of the year like you did. How much larger would you say BGT is than BGW?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:05 pm

TBpony414 wrote:Super report from your time at BGT! I've never been there and was actually talking to someone last night about getting down there in the next year or two. Between all the spectacular xmas lights and cooler temps it would seem to me that the best time to visit is towards the end of the year like you did. How much larger would you say BGT is than BGW?

I haven't been to the Williamsburg park in a few years, but the park felt comparable in size. It takes a good 15-20 minutes to get to the park of the park. And I definitely plan to return to Florida around this time as well. The weather was perfect! It was 60-80 degrees so I wasn't sweating buckets like usual. The only thing to watch out for is the weekend after Thanksgiving with regards to crowds.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby prospekt88 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Awesome report! Busch Gardens is one of my favorite parks out there. I haven't been since Cheetah Hunt or Cobra's Curse opened but they both look like a lot of fun. Montu, Kumba, and SheiKra are all my favorite versions of their ride types. I think SheiKra's immersion in the area around it and the themeing put it ahead of Griffon for me.

Idk why but I find it hilarious they serve a side of potato chips with a salty, buttery bacon pretzel. Either way it looks amazing I'm definitely going to get one next time I'm at Busch.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:07 pm

prospekt88 wrote:Awesome report! Busch Gardens is one of my favorite parks out there. I haven't been since Cheetah Hunt or Cobra's Curse opened but they both look like a lot of fun. Montu, Kumba, and SheiKra are all my favorite versions of their ride types. I think SheiKra's immersion in the area around it and the themeing put it ahead of Griffon for me.

Idk why but I find it hilarious they serve a side of potato chips with a salty, buttery bacon pretzel. Either way it looks amazing I'm definitely going to get one next time I'm at Busch.

Thanks! Griffon doesn't have as much theming as SheiKra, but in my opinion Williamsburg works that ride into the park extremely well there too.

As for the chips, I asked if I could get the bacon pretzel alone initially, assuming there'd be a slight price difference. But I was shocked to find the bacon pretzel automatically came with the chips and if I had them removed, it was the same cost. I was already eating a bacon pretzel and trying to clog my heart, so what harm could a few more chips do. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!