Lakemont Park changes

Park to re-open Memorial Day Weekend 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Lakemont park closed for the summer!

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:09 pm

At least the website really makes it *feel* like this is going to be a legit make-over of the park and re-opening the major attractions in addition to the newer family friendly stuff is absolutely in their plans. I had always felt that every time we visited the park, there seemed to be more people there than you'd think there would be. They appear to do well with their groups catering and the baseball field next door probably helps, too.
Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 22.08.56.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 22.09.06.png

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 pm

Whelp.
I guess I'll do this park next summer.
Along with Delgrosso's and Idlewild. I've been delaying doing that trip for awhile.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 pm

^ The coasters at Lakemont are awesome and rare. I hope they redo the park nice, it really it has a lot of potential!

Did someone mention Idlewild? That place is beautiful. I often think of Rollo Coaster as one of the best coaster designs ever. It's a mini Boulderdash. I think I'm in the minority that prefer it over Boulderdash (which I also love!). There's just something about classic coaster trains that really does it for me.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Move Leap The Dips to Knoebels, maybe find a home for Skyliner, then turn it into something better like an open field.

While we're at it move the Altoona Curve to Knoebels too.
Peek a boo!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

^ Or, you know, don't, because they're not closing. :roll:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

I masturbate to pictures of Hercules.

Postby ImNotOneOfYou » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:04 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:^ Or, you know, don't, because they're not closing. :roll:

It's not too late to change our minds.
Peek a boo!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 am

What do you guys think the odds are they keep the Toboggan? They said coasters, but I just don't know what to think. It is obviously a miserable experience, but there's only one other left in the US, and it was neat to have done once.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:04 am

As for my opinion I say it's about time that Lakemont park got a huge makeover. It needs a little bit of everything so it can once again become the park it once was in its heydays.

If I were the one who was renovating the park here is what I'd do:

1) I would add a fifth coaster to the park, probably a family-sized coaster such as a Wild Mouse, a Roller Skater, or a family suspended coaster ( like the Freedom Flyer at The Fun Spot).

2) Next, I'd put in a log flume attraction.

3) Next, put in a dark ride with a haunted house theme.

4) Renovate the Arcade in which one side has redemption games and the other side has classic arcade games in which players pay one price to play all day.

5) And speaking of games, lets also have pavilions that houses Skeeball, Bowling, Fascination, and Pokereno ( you can play those last two games at Knoebels).

6) More family fun events; such as holiday cook-outs, summer concert series, and sports tournaments.

7) Put in The Whip. I'm sure there's an unwritten rule that states that any amusement park in the state of Pennsylvania must have The Whip.

8 Add another attraction to the waterpark. 'Nuff said!

9) Finally, beautify the place up. Plant more trees, pour more concrete, landscape some gardens - Make this a park that pleases all your senses with sights, sounds, smells, and even feeling that this is one awesome park to visit.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Themonerd » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Taylor Finn wrote:What do you guys think the odds are they keep the Toboggan? They said coasters, but I just don't know what to think. It is obviously a miserable experience, but there's only one other left in the US, and it was neat to have done once.

I guess some people really like the feeling of Vietnam War torture for then to keep this ride. Seriously though, never once has airtime hurt so much.
If it has :airtime: count me in!
I've created 3 locked threads. I should start using that search function.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Taylor Finn wrote:What do you guys think the odds are they keep the Toboggan? They said coasters, but I just don't know what to think. It is obviously a miserable experience, but there's only one other left in the US, and it was neat to have done once.

I do not think it will be back in 2018.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!