Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Attractiepark Slagharen - September
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR's: JordyC's Theme Park Adventures

Postby JordyC » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:55 am

michaellynn4 wrote:Awesome photos!!

Thanks! The ride is very photogenic, so that really helped.

larrygator wrote:It has been amazing watching Toverland begin as an FEC and turn into a complete amusement park.

Exactly, it is very impressive! 15 years ago, who would have ever thought that we would see a GCI and a B&M at this park?

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report!

I had no clue Fenix was going to look so awesome! For some reason I just pictured the ride going in a big, empty field. The interaction with the water and near-misses look great. Plus that dive drop looks really unique with the turn before it.

Thank you!

Fēnix really does look amazing. Since the whole area is designed around the ride, it makes it look even better. The turn before the dive drop is indeed very unique, and it provides some great views from the park and the surrounding area.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Coasters: 232 || Parks: 44

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:04 am

Toverland's growth over the years is astounding... I remember watching TPR videos from their earlier visits where the moto coaster and in the indoor FEC were the major experiences and now look at the park's lineup! I also really appreciate the effort that went into establishing a more formal entrance experience.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby JordyC » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Toverland is an excellent example of how a park should develop these days. I remember going there in its opening year (2001) as a small kid. It was just one indoor hall with mostly playgrounds, some family rides and a coaster. Literally nobody would have ever thought that 17 years later, Toverland would be one of the best theme parks in Europe. The new entrance area is like the park's final step to a full size theme park.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Taron - Phantasialand 5. Helix - Liseberg 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Lech Coaster - Legendia 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Goliath - Walibi Holland 10. Silver Star - Europa-Park

Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:47 am

Toverland new sections look great! I've always enjoyed this park, but it's been a long time since my last visit. Thanks for the report.

Postby JordyC » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:35 am

cfc wrote:Toverland new sections look great! I've always enjoyed this park, but it's been a long time since my last visit. Thanks for the report.

You're welcome.

You just have to visit Toverland again, especially if it has been a long time. The park has changed so much! I am sure you will enjoy it even more now.
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:38 am

Great report, Jordy - Toverland's new areas look amazing! :lover:

Postby JordyC » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:35 am

^Thanks!

Port Laguna and Avalon are gorgeous. They both have so many details. I walked around both areas multiple times, and everytime I still discovered something new.
Quality Over Quantity

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:36 am

Great photos and story telling, loving this trip report series as always!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Postby JordyC » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:24 pm

^Thank you so much! I really like making these trip reports. In some way, it makes me re-experience the park and the rides.
Quality Over Quantity

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:24 pm

TOTAL WOW...10 short years later (seems forever ago) since my only visit with TPR and I hardly recognize you, Toverland. Stunning developments and photos. This is absolutely amazing looking and I would love to revisit one day. Thank you for sharing!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!