Well, Steel Vengeance IS a Hyper coaster, so I'm going to update my list from last year, with that now leading the pack! In the other new addition, Mako now slides into the #3 position, behind Phantom's Revenge. What an awesome Hyper coaster, and a fabulous addition to SWO! Behemoth, and Diamondback, round out my new Top 5.
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer IIShivering Timbers, KrakenMako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning
2018 update 1. Skyrush 2. Steel Vengeance - I very nearly put this at #1 and I still haven't completely made up my mind. It's every bit as good as you've heard. Skyrush just has that extra 5% psychopathic intensity and for now that gives it the edge even though it's far less of a complete ride. 3. Expedition GeForce 4. Superman The Ride 5. Phantom's Revenge 6. Magnum XL-200 7. Schwur des Karnan 8. Goliath (SFOG) 9. Nitro 10. Superman el Ultimo Escape 11. Mako 12. Silver Star 13. Diamondback 14. Apollo's Chariot 15. Titan 16. Goliath (SFMM) 17. Raging Bull - I really wanted to like this one. Everyone knows about the trims, but there are some people who manage to enjoy it just fine despite them. I wasn't one of them. If they let this thing run like SFOG's Goliath I think this could actually be one of the best B&M hypers. 18. Intimidator 19. Steel Force 20. Mamba 21. Desperado
1. Raging Bull @ Six Flags Great America - extremely rerideable, and outside of the one trimmed hill that everyone and their dog complains about for whatever reason, has a really fun layout with really good airtime and sideways hangtime, especially in the back left seat
2. Diamondback @ Kings Island - floater buffet in an excellent setting, plus it has a splashdown so obviously it must be perfect because it does the splashy splashy
*3. Mr. Freeze: Reverse Blast @ Six Flags Over Texas & Six Flags St. Louis - intense and ridiculous rides that don't obey the laws of coaster anything and are all the better for it
*4. Cannibal @ Lagoon - incredibly smooth inversions with an amazing first drop and, of course, lap bars!
*5. Valravn @ Cedar Point - everything except the lap bar comment from Cannibal applies here.
6. Magnum XL-200 @ Cedar Point - idk where the complaints about roughness come from, but the airtime is definitely painful in some seats/seatbelt positions. someone has probably written a novel on each and every possible combination of seat-related factor and how it affects the airtime on this ride.
*7. Wicked Twister @ Cedar Point - these things are fun, but nothing special, and for whatever reason this one is over 200 feet
8. Titan @ Six Flags Over Texas - laughably bad layout with no redeeming qualities except that it's smooth and that it's not Firehawk
*not traditional hypers
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler
These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment, Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.
photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by
a professional ride photographer.
For yours and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at
parks without proper permission.
You need a sense of humor to view our site,
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER! There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13." Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.