IAAPA 2016 Live Updates!

Page 8: Final day of IAAPA 2016!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: IAAPA 2016 Live Updates!

Postby thrillrider » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:15 am

PixelRush wrote:If you guys hadn't noticed, Sally Corp made a Five Nights at Freddy's "animatronic," and honestly I think its very silly and not very good compared to what they have been capable of in the past. What are your opinions on it, and do you think they should make a FNAF dark ride?

I think this is a great idea!

Five nights at Freddy's is popular, and continues to grow. Like mentioned before, a movie is in the works and it's a perfect theme for a dark ride. My daughter is a huge fan of fnaf, and even dressed up as a character for Halloween. I hope this ride ends up in the states.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:49 am

Booth 1912 if anyone wants to stop by and say hello.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:03 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:
PixelRush wrote:If you guys hadn't noticed, Sally Corp made a Five Nights at Freddy's "animatronic," and honestly I think its very silly and not very good compared to what they have been capable of in the past. What are your opinions on it, and do you think they should make a FNAF dark ride?

I could only find one short video online (hopefully TPR will get some more pics and videos of it) but I'm a fan of FNAF and anything creepy, and the series is really popular, so I totally could see a FNAF-themed dark ride.

I also heard they're making a FNAF movie, so building a ride relative to the movie release could prove very strategic.

Thanks for the IAPPA updates so far! It's always great to see TPR's coverage of IAAPA, and I'm looking forward to what else is in store this week!

KT and I are heading to the show later this afternoon. She's also a fan of FNAF so I'll take her by and we'll get some more pix and video.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby LeoBruz199 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:24 am

Excuse me if I may go back to that hideous looking Thunderbolt train, but I've got one more thing to say:

I think a while ago some people who went on the TB at Coney Island criticised the shoulder straps as being the worst part of the coaster because they just flapped around their shoulders and accomplished nothing.

Now I think what zamperla might be doing here is to give the straps actual harnesses, so they might get more comfortable. I'm fine with the idea, but knowing Zamperla, it's probably going to be executed horribly.

As for the FNAF Sally corp. animatronics, although I might be considered a little "old" for the FNAF series, I'm a fan too (pun intended). I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Sister Location. I think the franchise, with the way it's headed, is probably going to live on for quite a long while- with the movie, the real life animatronics... As far as games are concerned, SL really pushed the envelope in terms of gameplay, in my opinion.
Last edited by LeoBruz199 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 am.
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 am

I enjoyed Thunderbolt and thought the trains were great. What the hell is that crap?

Postby LeoBruz199 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:37 am

coasterbill wrote:I enjoyed Thunderbolt and thought the trains were great. What the hell is that crap?

I don't know. To me, Zamperla (in terms of coasters, not flat rides (their flats are epic)) is the dictionary definition of a good concept but poorly executed. Their large scale coasters could have been great alternatives to the more expensive B&M/Intamin/Vekoma coasters.

Instead, they're just alternatives. Bad alternatives, mostly.
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 am

I have to be honest, we rode Thunderbolt earlier this year and after listening to endless b*tching from the enthusiast community about roughness we expected an awful ride but it was really fun and relatively smooth. I'm also a fan of their steeplechase / motorbike coasters and their spinning mice. Some of their mid range coasters are very good. The only ones that strike me as being bad rides are the Volare coasters and most likely anything they put those new piece of crap cars on. :lol:

Postby LeoBruz199 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 am

coasterbill wrote:I have to be honest, we rode Thunderbolt earlier this year and after listening to endless b*tching from the enthusiast community about roughness we expected an awful ride but it was really fun and relatively smooth. I'm also a fan of their steeplechase / motorbike coasters and their spinning mice. Some of their mid range coasters are very good. The only ones that strike me as being bad rides are the Volare coasters and most likely anything they put those new piece of crap cars on. :lol:

Actually, the reason it's smoother is that apparently Zamperla has done some trackwork on TB, and now it rides more smoothly.

As for the Volare, they NEED to get the trains sorted out. As they are now, they look like they ride appallingly. There's probably a reason why we don't have any in Italy.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:33 am

coasterbill wrote:I have to be honest, we rode Thunderbolt earlier this year and after listening to endless b*tching from the enthusiast community about roughness we expected an awful ride but it was really fun and relatively smooth. I'm also a fan of their steeplechase / motorbike coasters and their spinning mice. Some of their mid range coasters are very good. The only ones that strike me as being bad rides are the Volare coasters and most likely anything they put those new piece of crap cars on. :lol:

And I'm being honest in saying that when I rode Thunderbolt a few years ago, it was really bad--I think mostly due to the train. The coaster's layout was pretty cool, though.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby xstech25 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:37 am

It drove me crazy how people would say the magic bands were a bad idea back when they introduced at WDW, to me it always seemed like an obvious thing to do and that other parks would follow suit. I wonder what these people think now that Universal (and accesso so probably all other parks) are getting them as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!