TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dutch Wonderland 2017

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! $7.5 Million is a huge investment for Dutch Wonderland

Dammit! That's more than Lightning Run cost. Have they never heard of a big coaster?

A big coaster wouldn't really fit their target demographic and from the sound of it, that cost includes the themed elements and such.

I was reading this news earlier today and I am really excited to see them getting a new coaster, and it looks like a good/unique one! Congrats to them and S&S. I can't wait to try it out!!!

I didn't know S&S built inverted coasters, but that's fine. It looks like it will be a solid coaster for Dutch Wonderland next year.

Also, I know it's just a rendition of a ride with kids photoshopped in, but the reaction that the kid on the right is having combined with how the restraints look, it looks like he's riding another yellow and blue rollercoaster in Pennsylvania that provides a very different experience.

688055112_ScreenShot2016-11-01at10_34_35PM.png.0c19bc4548ffa0b52531cf844ba7219e.png

Of course, I go to the park for the first time and shell out $35 for those two credits (oh and I whored around quite a bit for any other rides of note), and now they announce this and give me another reason to go back. Either way, this is exciting news. The park really is quite nice for what it is. I just think the price point is a bit high given the quality.

^ I hear ya but the missus and I have no plans on having kids, so I tell my sister she has to take me to the kiddie parks while my nephew is still really young. He wants to ride the big coasters but just over 40 inches. Kid has no fear and already into coasters. I need those Sesame Place, Dutch Wonderland and Story Book Land credits and he's my only hope!

^ Didn't mean it as a knock on you, your situation makes total sense, too. The only kid in my extended family at this point is my 9-year-old cousin, and she lives too far away from me for me to consider taking her to the park. It's just not really on my radar at this point.

Looks like a great addition, but there's still no way I'm visiting this park until I have a kid of my own.

Honestly I felt a bit weird going to this park without a kid, but once inside, I was surprised how decent the park was even if you don't have a kid with you. The addition of this coaster should make that even more acceptable. It's obviously aimed towards children, but there is a decent selection of things for adults to check out and I was surprised by the overall quality of the park.

Looks like a great addition, but there's still no way I'm visiting this park until I have a kid of my own.

Honestly I felt a bit weird going to this park without a kid, but once inside, I was surprised how decent the park was even if you don't have a kid with you. The addition of this coaster should make that even more acceptable. It's obviously aimed towards children, but there is a decent selection of things for adults to check out and I was surprised by the overall quality of the park.

As close is this place is to me....I finally got a chance to visit when my kids where still in the younger stages. I believe it was about 3 years ago. I was overly surprised at just what this park had to offer.......always just thought it was a little roadside stop for little kids. It is better than Idlewld, Lakemont, and DelGrossos....all parks close to home for me. We loved the Kingdom Coaster and this new ride looks just as fun. If you don't have kids.........it is still good enough with a nice collection of rides to satisfy quite a few hours on the way to or from Hershey.

he's my only hope!

Don't be so sure. It's recently come to my attention that this little rinky-dink park I've never heard of has an Arrow Log Flume and a semi-respectable looking wood coaster . If you want to do some shameless credit whoring just say the word.

he's my only hope!

Don't be so sure. It's recently come to my attention that this little rinky-dink park I've never heard of has an Arrow Log Flume and a semi-respectable looking wood coaster . If you want to do some shameless credit whoring just say the word.

You know I'm down! But only if we can squeeze in some thigh crushing while we're in the area!

Yeah this strikes me as the kind of park that's worth hitting on the way home from a good park. I wouldn't go out of my way, but it looks fun.

There used to be a park hopper/multivisit pass good at both Hershey and Dutch Wonderland.

I'm excited the park is adding another coaster, but the addition (manufacturer and price tag) wasn't what I was expecting. As long as it's smooth, it should be a nice addition.