TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Help with southern California trip

Hey. My name is Jim. I live about 15 min. from PKD. I have been to 54 parks and have ridden 238 coasters. My wife, son and I are flying to LAX and meeting my sister on April 16-22. This will be our first time to California. We are trying to avoid long lines. We are going to Pacific Park and Adventure City on Saturday, DCA on Sunday, DL on Monday, KBF on Tuesday, Scandia and see L.A. on Wednesday and Legoland on Thursday. Does this look like a good schedule or should I adjust some days to miss the crowds? We are not going to SFMM because my wife is pregnant and my son is only 2 and my sister is leaving on Wed. I would love to ride X but I'm not going to wait in the long lines by myself. Since I am with a 2 year old I may only be able to ride each coaster once. What is the best seat on Excellerator, Ghost Rider, Silver Bullet, Scandia Screamer, and California Screamin? I may try to squeeze in Belmont Park when we go to Legoland. Is it worth it? Does anyone know where I can get any discount coupons from? We would love to go see Jay Leno or Price is Right but can't with my son. Any other good tourist places to go to in L.A.? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your schedule actually seems pretty doable.

One I would consider doing Disneyland on Sunday and DCA on Monday. For some odd reason Sunday is the busiest day of the week for DCA. Plus now with the SoCal 2-fer thing, most people are going to DL on Saturday and DCA on Sunday.

Remember that Belmont is a good 45 - 60 minutes from LegoLand. Don't know if it's really worth it.

As for best seats, I like the back on Xcelerator and CA Screamin'. The front is next best obviously. Getting a front seat on CA Screamin' isn't too hard, the line isn't too bad. Xcelerator is a different story. The day you are going shouldn't be too busy though.

As for Silver Bullet and Scandia, I don't know. I really haven't heard that it matters on either.

With me the front seat matters on an inverted coaster (The First time I ride it) You see if you sit in say the 4th row than you won't be able to see much ahead of you except for 3 rows of people. For the best view and ride for an inverted coaster get the front!

Yeah, the visuals are nice on the front seat of an inverted but for some reason I found the front of Silver Bullet really rough as compared to the back.

Have a great time! The kids will LOVE Legoland!

Elissa "you will too, it's one of the best parks in California!" Alvey

Jim wrote

We're going to Pacific Park and Adventure City on saturday
Change that part because Adventure City and Pacif Park are NOT close. Go to Adventure City the day you go to KBF because Adventure City is just down the street!