Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby BlahBlahson » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:12 pm

robbalvey wrote:\ This hotel is simply amazing and our two-story room reminds us that Europa is the *REAL* Walt Disney World of Europe and is totally on par (and in some ways better) than our own Walt Disney World!

Ain't that the truth. I remember going to the Magic Kingdom for the first time and being so anticipointed after doing Europa Park the year before. If Europa could match what Disney does with Fireworks and nighttime spectaculars, then they really would have everything.

Europa is like if Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Port Aventura were literally smashed together into one park, that also had the fastest operations in the world. Ya'll are going to have so much fun and as usual I'm super jealous and desperate to go back!
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:15 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:Europa is like if Epcot, Magic Kingdom, and Port Aventura were literally smashed together into one park, that also had the fastest operations in the world. Ya'll are going to have so much fun and as usual I'm super jealous and desperate to go back!

This is a perfect description of it! To me, there are three resorts in the world that are hard to top and set the bar for the rest of the parks around the planet....

Asia = Tokyo Disney Resort
Europe = Europa Park
USA = Walt Disney World

IMO, those are the top three.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:33 am

Starting later this afternoon we will be live tweeting from Europa Park! Follow us: www.twitter.com/themeparkreview

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:23 am

Hey guys !

Wish you all a great time at Europa !

Some thoughts because you haven`t been there for a while: Apart from Arthur and all the new shows: Don`t miss the "enhanced" Kolumbus Dinghy, the "enhanced" Whale Adventures, the new spices restaurant with a great veranda at the Raftig. Regarding Wodan: First drop last row is amazing. If you`re asking kindly most of Wodan`s operators allow you to chose the row! I`m very excited to hear your opinion about Wodan now that it broke in an running on those faster steel wheels. Of course late rides are remarkably faster. Besides: There are several new effects in the haunted castle, too.

Last but not least: There is a very nice and special bar HIDDEN (!) in hotel Bell Rock. It`s called "Roland`s Lodge". Not easy to find, it`s somewhere UNDER the Ammolite restaurant. Of course all the workers in the hotel can show you the way. There`s only place for about 30 people which creates a nice and intimate atmosphere IMHO. Highly recommended =)

Have fun !

GeorgeT

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby DefeatistNation » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:27 am

Robb, I'm sure it has been covered but can you give some insight on why Expedition is your all time favorite coaster?

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Mrenata » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:39 am

I really, really didn't like Europa Park when I visited the park back in 2012.

In my opinion what makes a park stand out is the hability to make a single, foreigner visitor to feel welcome and included all the time. Most parks around the world rely on the fact that their visitors are there mainly to hang out with their friends and family and not to have the amusement park experience (Six Flags, Cedar Fair and Dollywood, I'm looking at you)

A great amusement park must offer visitors the hability to purchase tickets on their website with a foreign credit cards, must have a multi-lingual staff, a single rider line, staff that are able to accomodate guest with different needs and an overall welcoming atmosphere. I found Europa Park to be just an average park if you take all that into consideration. Lines were very long - (1h+) for most rides and no single rider, the whole layout of the park is just confusing and not very intuitive and ride-wise the only really good ride was Blue Fire. Maybe if you are in a group you won't pay attention to those details and have a great time, but I felt much more welcome at Phantasialand and Efteling than I did at Europa Park.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby GeorgeT » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:25 am

Mrenata...being a regular visitor and following everything that has to do with Europa Park closely, I just want to tell you the the average guest satisfaction at Europa Park ist incredible. It`s like 99 of a hundred visitors are EXTREMELY satisfied with their visit. Europa Park is checking that very often to improve all the time. I guess it`s VERY hard to make everybody happy...even Europa Park seems to fail in that ;)

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Nozzy » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:49 am

Mrenata wrote:I really, really didn't like Europa Park when I visited the park back in 2012.

In my opinion what makes a park stand out is the hability to make a single, foreigner visitor to feel welcome and included all the time. Most parks around the world rely on the fact that their visitors are there mainly to hang out with their friends and family and not to have the amusement park experience (Six Flags, Cedar Fair and Dollywood, I'm looking at you)

A great amusement park must offer visitors the hability to purchase tickets on their website with a foreign credit cards, must have a multi-lingual staff, a single rider line, staff that are able to accomodate guest with different needs and an overall welcoming atmosphere. I found Europa Park to be just an average park if you take all that into consideration. Lines were very long - (1h+) for most rides and no single rider, the whole layout of the park is just confusing and not very intuitive and ride-wise the only really good ride was Blue Fire. Maybe if you are in a group you won't pay attention to those details and have a great time, but I felt much more welcome at Phantasialand and Efteling than I did at Europa Park.

I visited by myself back in 2006 and I can't disagree more- I had an amazing time! There was so much to explore and discover- I didn't even get to all the areas of the park until my second day. Buying a ticket at the gate was no issue whatsoever, and I never at any point felt unwelcome. Sure, everything wasn't in English, but I'll always remember trying to go to the buffet for a last night dinner, but it was rented out for a private party. I had to ask for an English menu, but it was available, and as a college student on a budget in the Hotel Colosseo there really wasn't anything more welcoming the hostess could do than excitedly point out the more affordable menu items in the fancy restaurant to encourage me to dine there (ended up splurging on rabbit instead- so so worth it). I can't wait to get the chance to go back and stay at one of their hotels.

Operations wise I remember never waiting more than maybe 45 minutes for maybe 2-3 rides, but most were less. I was also amazed that on the second day the park was MUCH more crowded, but thanks to the operations and running more trains the line wait times were practically identical.

I loved Phantasialand as well, but I felt like there were many more multilingual staff at Europa. I hope you'd give them another visit and reconsider.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos, and hope all the first timers are loving it!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:00 am

Nozzy wrote:
Mrenata wrote:I really, really didn't like Europa Park when I visited the park back in 2012.

I visited by myself back in 2006 and I can't disagree more- I had an amazing time! There was so much to explore and discover- I didn't even get to all the areas of the park until my second day. Buying a ticket at the gate was no issue whatsoever, and I never at any point felt unwelcome. Sure, everything wasn't in English, but I'll always remember trying to go to the buffet for a last night dinner, but it was rented out for a private party. I had to ask for an English menu, but it was available, and as a college student on a budget in the Hotel Colosseo there really wasn't anything more welcoming the hostess could do than excitedly point out the more affordable menu items in the fancy restaurant to encourage me to dine there (ended up splurging on rabbit instead- so so worth it). I can't wait to get the chance to go back and stay at one of their hotels.

Operations wise I remember never waiting more than maybe 45 minutes for maybe 2-3 rides, but most were less. I was also amazed that on the second day the park was MUCH more crowded, but thanks to the operations and running more trains the line wait times were practically identical.

I loved Phantasialand as well, but I felt like there were many more multilingual staff at Europa. I hope you'd give them another visit and reconsider.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos, and hope all the first timers are loving it!

I went by myself two times last year with both visits including 4 nights on one of their hotels and 3 days in the park. Both times everyone was very nice and i felt very welcome. I have no problem waiting in line when i know they are working as hard as they can to send the trains around. With what i saw there is really no need for a single rider line since they fill up the seats anyway and the single rider line on Blue fire and Wodan was just as long as the regular line so it did not matter anyway ;)

I went this year aswell with a friend this time and had a great time, I am already looking forward to the next time i get to visit this fantastic park :b

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:25 am

Guys, no offense but this is MY report. If you want to comment on stuff from MY report, that's great, but if you want to post your own report or have something to discuss about a specific park, please do it untie proper discussion thread.

Thank you! :)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!