Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48170
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:00 am

Added our Lost Gravity video to the trip report:

I Love Donkeys!
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Location: Netherlands - Breda
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby gk2b » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:17 am

robbalvey wrote:Added our Lost Gravity video to the trip report:


Nice video! :) , I'm glad you guys having such a good time in Europe. I feel sorry for the crap people throw at you guys because of your opinion about Baron 1898 and Lost Gravity, tho I only have ridden Baron 1898, I completely agree to your point that it isn't a worldclass ride, lots of the people (nerds) here think because this is the first B&M The Netherlands got, it's OMG AWESOME INSANE EPIC and are a little autistic about that.

So now you have been to Walibi, don't you agree RMC can make an awesome rollercoaster out of Robin Hood? :b Darn make that happen!

Sorry for my bad english, have fun people. :)

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3110
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Location: Mars
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby XII » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:23 am

Nice Photo TR. Lost Gravity looks awesome and gives me yet another reason to go back to Europe. Glad to see you're having a good time.
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.
http://www.incrediblecoasters.com
Image

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48170
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 am

gk2b wrote:I feel sorry for the crap people throw at you guys because of your opinion about Baron 1898 and Lost Gravity, tho I only have ridden Baron 1898, I completely agree to your point that it isn't a worldclass ride, lots of the people (nerds) here think because this is the first B&M The Netherlands got, it's OMG AWESOME INSANE EPIC and are a little autistic about that.

I just want to make something perfectly clear. *I* did not start this whole "Lost Gravity/Baron" comparison - One of the Dutch fanboys did. I only responded to the question. IMO, those two rides SHOULDN'T be compared. I feel like the Dutch coaster geeks are only comparing the two because they are A. Roller Coasters and B. New

I wouldn't compare those two rides like I wouldn't compare Expedition Everest to Incredible Hulk in my hometown of Orlando. One is a 'themed attraction" and one is a "kick ass roller coaster."

I feel the same about these two rides. I would NOT compare them if it was me creating the topic. But I did respond to the question, so if they want to make a big deal because one guy asked me a question, meh, I don't really care.

I liked both of the rides.

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3229
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby viking86 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 am

Awesome video! The first half on Lost Gravity is REALLY solid! I'm not a huge fan of hangtime so I didn't feel that the second half quite lived up to the craziness of the first half. But it's a really great ride that I enjoyed very much! And in the end the only thing that matters is that you were giggling like a little girl, and that's what riding rollercoasters is all about! =)

I just made a donkey in No Limits!
User avatar
 
Posts: 93
Joined: 29 Dec 2012
Location: Bonn, Germany...right next to Phantasialand
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby FirstDropJay » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:39 am

Amazing TR so far. Looking forward to see more (slides of death FTW!)!

As some Phantasialand employees are riding Taron as I type, did you consider asking them (Phantasialand) for a little sneak-peek?

edit: welcome back to Germany, btw.
Last edited by FirstDropJay on Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:46 am.
You gotta enjoy that first drop, you know.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?
User avatar
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 27

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby RCT3Bross » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:22 am

I'm just glad to hear you had/have a great time in the Netherlands (despite "circumstances"). Really look forward to see where this trip goes next.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”
User avatar
 
Posts: 345
Joined: 05 May 2014
Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Gender: Male
Age: 20

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby LeoBruz199 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:09 am

I am absolutely loving this TR!

About the Efteling fanboys, they remind me a bit of many Gardaland fanboys I see- according to them there is no ride in the world that is better than any ride at Gardaland.

(to them: Blue Tornado (Gardaland's Vekoma SLC)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Katun (Mirabilandia's B&M Invert)


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


Either way, there's crappy fanbases everywhere. Just gotta shrug your shoulders and move on. Nothing we can really do.

So what countries are you gonna stop by after Holland?
Oh well, I guess I won't be riding any coasters any time soon... Within the next 10 minutes anyways. :airtime: :airtimer:

Best: Katun & iSpeed - Mirabilandia, Formula Rossa - Ferrari World, Oblivion - The Black Hole - Gardaland, Stealth - Thorpe Park

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!
User avatar
 
Posts: 207
Joined: 06 Jul 2005
Gender: Male

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby julioot » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:04 pm

robbalvey wrote:Added our Lost Gravity video to the trip report:


Very cool video. The little bump on the first airtime hill is clearly visible from the riders cam. But I hardly noticed it while riding. Still wondering if they'll go for a different fix eventually.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:23 pm.

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48170
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:29 pm

julioot wrote:
robbalvey wrote:Added our Lost Gravity video to the trip report:


Very cool video. The little bump on the first airtime hill is clearly visible from the riders cam. But I hardly noticed it while riding. Still wondering if they'll go for a different fix eventually.

I don't even know what "little bump" you are talking about. Do you mean the pop of airtime? It's amazing. Why would they want to "fix" that?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron