Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Jun 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby Hermanus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:14 am

robbalvey wrote:
AJMouse wrote:Seems like you guys had a good day at WH Robb, did you have any annoying instances with queue jumpers or annoying kids there at all? Because for me that has happened like 90% of each of my visits to WH.

Queues were super short. Longest line ended up being about 20 minutes for Lost Gravity later in the day. We were pretty much "done" with the park (got all the coasters in) by about 12:30 and then we just hung out for a couple hours more and re-rode a bunch of other stuff.

So no real problems at all.


Queues in Walibi are never that long. The only real times that the park is busy is around Halloween (which, to be honest is GREAT compared to what other parks in the region offer). Off peak season I've never really seen a queue longer than 20 minutes and since the holidays in the Netherlands haven't started it is no surprise. The only park in the Netherlands with longer queue's is the Efteling, where 30 minutes for the coasters is normal, on and of season. With the current growth Toverland will probably even overtake Walibi by 2020.

Something different though, what was your opinion on the amount of rides and area's closed in Disneyland? I've been there the last two years and to me it did really impact my visit in such way that I'm going to skip this year (and lets be honest, with every resort getting new rides Paris should get some in the next 5 years)

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48167
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:23 am

Hermanus wrote:what was your opinion on the amount of rides and area's closed in Disneyland? I've been there the last two years and to me it did really impact my visit in such way that I'm going to skip this year (and lets be honest, with every resort getting new rides Paris should get some in the next 5 years)

It was disappointing, yes. I don't think I've seen that many major rides closed in one park (or resort) at any given time. However, we had been to the park before so it didn't impact us THAT much. I would have liked to have gotten on Big Thunder Mountain again, but being that I live about 20 minutes away from Big Thunder Mountain and I probably ride it 2-3 times a week in my hometown, it wasn't a huge deal.

But I can see why someone would delay a visit to the park until they get more of their rides back open again. Maybe for the anniversary next year?

On another note, the Disney Dreams show totally makes up for any attractions not running! :)

Can I park my donkey here?
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Jun 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby Hermanus » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:30 am

robbalvey wrote:
Hermanus wrote:what was your opinion on the amount of rides and area's closed in Disneyland? I've been there the last two years and to me it did really impact my visit in such way that I'm going to skip this year (and lets be honest, with every resort getting new rides Paris should get some in the next 5 years)

It was disappointing, yes. I don't think I've seen that many major rides closed in one park (or resort) at any given time. However, we had been to the park before so it didn't impact us THAT much. I would have liked to have gotten on Big Thunder Mountain again, but being that I live about 20 minutes away from Big Thunder Mountain and I probably ride it 2-3 times a week in my hometown, it wasn't a huge deal.

But I can see why someone would delay a visit to the park until they get more of their rides back open again. Maybe for the anniversary next year?

On another note, the Disney Dreams show totally makes up for any attractions not running! :)


You were lucky, last year It's a small world was also closed, as well as buzz half of the visit. That combined with frequest breakdowns of Pirates (which is awesome), Space Mountain (which opened later without the onride music) and a lot of rain really brought my opinion down. The 6 hour EVT (exclusive visit time) we had in the studios park with 1500 other made up for it only a bit. Than again, the maintenance is needed, the park is going to look brand new in a year or 1.5

And you are so lucky, I've only seen the Disney Winter Dreams show. Still awesome though, that castle...wow

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby djmcbell » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:53 am

robbalvey wrote:On another note, the Disney Dreams show totally makes up for any attractions not running! :)


Indeed true. Though in recent years the only other Disney show I've seen was the MNSSHP one at Magic Kingdom, Disney Dreams is stunning. Though I do wonder if they do it on purpose so they can "accidentally" torch the castle and claim on the insurance...

Do other Disney parks take attractions down for months (in a lot of cases at DLP) for refurbishment? When we went Crush's Coaster and Indy were down, and I think Captain EO was either being refurbished or taken out (don't know whether that's still going). Somehow though we got there at 4pm and did Studios in 2 hours (RC Racer, ToT, tram tour, Aerosmith - this was before Ratatouille opened), then went to DLP and did SMM2, Big Thunder and Pirates before Disney Dreams, followed by a full day in DLP, then Paris itself the next day (and yes, the Catacombs are brilliant, and something everyone going to Paris should look at doing - like Skyrim in real life).


This B&M donkey is so smooth!
User avatar
 
Posts: 138
Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 28

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby Liampie » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:36 am

Where can I read what the twitter fanboys wrote?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Jun 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby miwer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:07 am

Great pictures.
Maybe a strange question but have you made a picture of the music festival under construction next to Walibi holland?

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.
User avatar
 
Posts: 584
Joined: 25 Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby AJMouse » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:25 am

Dang. I enjoyed reading up on my Dutch themepark news on Looopings, but they're just taking the piss now.
"Those Americans". Right, cause it's only Americans with that opinion.

I'm glad to see some reasonable Dutch people in those comments though.

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48167
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:43 am



These people who are freaking out over my comments are f**king morons. Parks are meant to go to and have FUN and that's exactly what I did on BOTH Baron & Lost Gravity. Just because I happened to *like* Baron and *love* Lost Gravity doesn't mean I didn't have fun on both of them. I'm just so sick of stupid nerdy coaster dorks that sit around and obsesses over pointless things like one persons opinions.

If you're going to freak out because I didn't happen to jizz all over Baron as much as some stupid Efteling fanboys then you're doing it wrong.

Go to parks and have FUN! FFS Stop the complaining and start riding for fun! No one gives a crap if you like a ride more than I do or vice versa. I couldn't give a f**k what these dumb people think of my opinion.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:09 am.

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48167
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:44 am

miwer wrote:Great pictures.
Maybe a strange question but have you made a picture of the music festival under construction next to Walibi holland?

No

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron