Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Como Town and Como Zoo
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby RCjunkie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:17 am

coasterbill wrote:If you have the time I highly recommend popping in if you're in the area. Not only is there a credit (for the whores among us) but it's a really nice little zoo and it's a great place to kill a few hours for free.

You are correct, the 'little zoo that could' and worth the visit. Knowing your love of animals from your earlier trip reports I was excited for you when you mentioned at VF that you and Brit were going to try and hit at least one of the zoo's if possible and now I see you got to both of them so congratulations. I visit both zoo's at least once a year and enjoy both of them so now I am curious to see what you think of the Minnesota Zoo and what your liked or didn't there. So put down your morning beer and start cranking out that trip report! And as far as the credit whoring on Tiger Trax I am going to call you a 'Credit Slut' (not that there is anything wrong with that), because even I have never been on it and I live here. :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:16 am

Great report! Did that beast of a coaster dehtrone Millennium Force? :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Magic Mountain & Disney California Adventure

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Great update, Bill...I needed a good laugh today. Was dying at the Tiger Trax review and Confucius Monkey! :lol:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Your Tiger Trax writeup gave me a good laugh. Spot on.

Glad you enjoyed the zoo; I thought it was good for what it was. Nice place to spend a couple hours for next to no money. They had some good food in their cafe too; pretty much Panera quality.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:57 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Your Tiger Trax writeup gave me a good laugh. Spot on.

Glad you enjoyed the zoo; I thought it was good for what it was. Nice place to spend a couple hours for next to no money. They had some good food in their cafe too; pretty much Panera quality.

Thanks! Yeah we really liked the place. The only problem with it being a free zoo is the free-zoo-clientele where people just use the place as a babysitter. That's not really the zoo's fault though.

Philrad71 wrote:Great update, Bill...I needed a good laugh today. Was dying at the Tiger Trax review and Confucius Monkey! :lol:

Thanks. Glad to hear it!

RCjunkie wrote:And as far as the credit whoring on Tiger Trax I am going to call you a 'Credit Slut' (not that there is anything wrong with that), because even I have never been on it and I live here. :lol:

Hey, not everyone can handle the fury of the tiger.

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! Did that beast of a coaster dehtrone Millennium Force? :lol:

Millennium what?

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby hoppedup » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am

Nice report!

Have you guys ever been to the NC Zoo? I highly recommend it if you haven't. It's not far out of the way if traveling between KD/BGW and Carowinds. They currently have two continents represented: Africa and North America. Construction begins in 2020 on the Asia and Australia exhibits for a planned 2022 completion. There are polar bears.

Right here in Greensboro, NC we also have a science center with a small zoo and aquarium that has tigers, maned wolves and red pandas. Just a few miles off I-85. http://www.greensboroscience.org/

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!