Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Part 2 Posted Finally!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Great report! If Steel Vengeance couldn't overtake Millennium Force, I don't anything will.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:31 pm

So many plotlines packed into one episode! I don't get why they would be announcing tornado shelters when there clearly isn't a tornado. Those are no joke. I mean, 50mph winds can sink duck boats, so an actual tornado...CP wouldn't be reopening for a while. It's important to give clear instructions; sounds like they dropped the ball on that one.

The rest of the day looks great! Midwest thunderstorms are often fierce and short like that, so having a good plan can go a long way.

And yeah, Gatekeeper, Valravn, and Millennium Force are all fun. That's the entire point of the hobby. Keep doing it right.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Phant0mF1re » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am

Fantastic trip report. I was there for 3 days last week and echo many of your sentiments. Its been less than a week...and im already anxiously awaiting next years trip!!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 am

Ahhh this has me so excited for my trip there in a couple of weeks!

I never understood the Rougarou hate, either. I think once they made it a floorless, it instantly became one of the better floorless coasters. I didn't hate it as a stand-up, either.

Great pictures, I'm totally going to try the "midway at night" strategy. I love Raptor and it's probably my favorite B&M Invert.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Awesome update. -- Fun fact: I've only been to this park after-dark twice in my life, once as a kid, and once by my lonesome on a super crowded day and ended up leaving after riding Magnum and Rougarou at night since it was so busy (my fiancee got sick and stayed at the hotel that night). Since it's a 4 hour drive back home, unless we get a hotel (which I don't really do because it's only a four hour drive), we don't stay too late as we always go on low crowd days, get on everything we want to, and then get home before 10p because we have to go to work the next day (and because we probably woke up at 5am to make it for early entry)

HOWEVER! I'm going to the park this weekend, and I'm staying in a hotel for 2 nights, and I might get an hour or two in Friday night in addition to all day/night Saturday (with FL+ and a midnight close!), and half day Sunday. So basically, I'm really psyched to get on some rides at night, finally. Especially after hearing your experiences and seeing your photos. 8)

I can only imagine how bats*it crazy Steel Vengeance is going to be. *drool*

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:56 am

boldikus wrote:Ugh, I hate this update because I need to get back there so bad.

:lol: You know what I'm going to tell you.

michaellynn4 wrote:Awesome as always, Bill!

Thanks!

LiftThrill wrote:CP reports are always fun, especially Bill's involving that "walk down the main midway ;) "

I love a good walk.

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! If Steel Vengeance couldn't overtake Millennium Force, I don't anything will.

I don't even really know why I love that thing so much, I just do. It's just sooooooo fast.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:So many plotlines packed into one episode! I don't get why they would be announcing tornado shelters when there clearly isn't a tornado. Those are no joke. I mean, 50mph winds can sink duck boats, so an actual tornado...CP wouldn't be reopening for a while. It's important to give clear instructions; sounds like they dropped the ball on that one.

The rest of the day looks great! Midwest thunderstorms are often fierce and short like that, so having a good plan can go a long way.

And yeah, Gatekeeper, Valravn, and Millennium Force are all fun. That's the entire point of the hobby. Keep doing it right.

Thanks! Yeah, I still have no clue where the shelter is. I sort of feel like it's just a bathroom that would probably be completely destroyed by any respectable tornado anyway. :lol:

Phant0mF1re wrote:Fantastic trip report. I was there for 3 days last week and echo many of your sentiments. Its been less than a week...and im already anxiously awaiting next years trip!!

Thanks! And yeah, I know the feeling.

xVicesAndVirtues wrote:Ahhh this has me so excited for my trip there in a couple of weeks!

I never understood the Rougarou hate, either. I think once they made it a floorless, it instantly became one of the better floorless coasters. I didn't hate it as a stand-up, either.

Great pictures, I'm totally going to try the "midway at night" strategy. I love Raptor and it's probably my favorite B&M Invert.

Thanks! Raptor is just so great. I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves that thing.

anonymouscactus wrote:Awesome update. -- Fun fact: I've only been to this park after-dark twice in my life, once as a kid, and once by my lonesome on a super crowded day and ended up leaving after riding Magnum and Rougarou at night since it was so busy (my fiancee got sick and stayed at the hotel that night). Since it's a 4 hour drive back home, unless we get a hotel (which I don't really do because it's only a four hour drive), we don't stay too late as we always go on low crowd days, get on everything we want to, and then get home before 10p because we have to go to work the next day (and because we probably woke up at 5am to make it for early entry)

HOWEVER! I'm going to the park this weekend, and I'm staying in a hotel for 2 nights, and I might get an hour or two in Friday night in addition to all day/night Saturday (with FL+ and a midnight close!), and half day Sunday. So basically, I'm really psyched to get on some rides at night, finally. Especially after hearing your experiences and seeing your photos. 8)

I can only imagine how bats*it crazy Steel Vengeance is going to be. *drool*

Sounds awesome. Since you have Fastlane Plus you can pretty much ignore the "main midway at night" strategy because you can do whatever the hell you want but I still strongly suggest a Raptor night ride. That thing just tears through the course after it's been running all day.

Have fun!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:20 am

coasterbill wrote:Thanks! Raptor is just so great. I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves that thing.

You are not alone......there are still a few of us out there. :lol:

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:34 am

RCjunkie wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Thanks! Raptor is just so great. I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves that thing.

You are not alone......there are still a few of us out there. :lol:

Yeah I love Raptor, for my trip in September I'm thinking about getting regular Fastlane for our shorter day at the park just to marathon Raptor, Magnum and Millenium Force like it's 2001 all over again.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Ape » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Great report.

I agree with you on everything you said about Steel Vengeance.

We are the Opposite on Gatekeeper. Back left or bust for us.

Uou should have made the trip two weeks later when Brews and BBQ was going on.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 am

:lol: Glad to see the Raptor love.

And yeah, I’ve yet to make it to brews and BBQ. It’s bound to happen one year. :cool:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!