Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Busch Gardens San Antonio Part 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby prozach626 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:40 pm

coasterbill wrote:You're 13. Do you even drink coffee? Shut up.

HahAHAHAhaha! Dude... we WILL have a beer together someday.

Forr some reason your descriptions of the incredible pile of suck that La Ronde is actually makes me want to go. I guess maybe I can compare it to getting sh** hammered drunk and trolling fellow St. Louis Blues fans at Scott Trade Center. I enjoy experiencing things that suck and then being overly negative about them. So maybe I should go back my home park (SFSTL) for the first time in years... Pessimistic life FTW!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:05 pm

I love these trip reports as well lol I wouldn't make a special trip for it but I would still go for a day if I'm ever up there again.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Loving this trip report. I absolutely love Montreal, so I can't wait to see the rest of this segment. Oddly enough, I have been to Montreal many times, but only in the winter. Which is stunning in the winter BTW. It was always combined with a ski week at Mt Tremblant. Looking forward to your summer pics.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:48 am

I had a difficult time staying upright in my chair after some of your captions and descriptions and how much this park sucks. Looks like you made the best of a sh*thole which is really the way to go. Thanks for a good laugh, looking toward to more!
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:39 am

I don't always laugh out loud when reading TPR, but when I do, it's in this thread!

This was pure gold:
That being said, every city has it’s scars. Away from the carnival atmosphere, the happiness, the fun and the incredible culture there’s a depressed part of town. They tried to hide it… they even put it out on an island away from the city so people wouldn’t notice it. It stands in stark contrast to the fun, festive and unique nature of the city. It’s cold, it’s generic and it’s miserable. Some say the sun never shines there. A mysterious sh*thole on an island out in the abyss. What’s the name of this sh*thole you ask? The locals call it, “La Ronde”.

At “La Ronde” everything is generic and lifeless. Soulless clone after soulless clone is separated only by decrepit walkways and mostly crumbling buildings. Anything that breaks goes unrepaired. Trains sit un-dispatched for what seems like ages and ages. Urban legend says that once a train goes into the transfer area on one of their rides it sits there forever to rust… never to be seen again until all rides are left with just a single, lonely train.

:lol:

La Ronde is one of those parks I forgot existed until your TR. I definitely wouldn't go out of my way for the place, but if I'm ever in Montreal I'll have to check it out at least to see how bad it is, but Idk if I'd ride every coaster like you guys did.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:22 pm

SteelForceless wrote:If you had to choose between going to Lakemont and going to La Ronde, which would you choose, and how much alcohol would you need during?

Btw great trip report!

There. Fixed that for you.

No one in their right mind goes to either park sober.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:34 pm

I usually take for granted that Tim Hortons is as common as McDonalds in the Buffalo area, but everything they make is pretty amazing. I love having one right on the corner of my street. Darien Lake added one a few years ago with regular prices, which is also amazing. Too bad more people couldn't experience the brand.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:33 pm

This is honestly one of the funniest trip reports I've ever read. That made my night.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby theredskull84 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:48 am

As always, this TR completely made my day. coasterbill, you are a genius. :lmao:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:40 pm

Your trip reports made my day, thank you for the laughs while still being very informative! I went to La Ronde many years ago and I'm sad that didn't have time to take in the city and only had time to endure the park. Subscribed to this thread and can't wait to read more. Also excited to hear your thoughts on Darien Lake... (Moose on the loose!)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!