Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Busch Gardens San Antonio Part 1
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:53 pm

Geauga Dog wrote:Despite my feelings about CP (I'm not a fan of it).

I'm curious about your reasoning, since we didn't have as much fun as we expected last time we went.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby bluestreak » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:02 pm

I apologize if you already stated this but what days were you at CP? I remember being there on a day like the rainy one you described but I'm not sure if it was the same day because ya know... We get a lot of crappy rainy days like that.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Nitro1118 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Lol I've had a few magnumcreep experiences at GAdv. The worst was on the brakerun of a stacked Nitro train. Being held down by a restraint without any way of escaping a coaster fanatic insistent on interupting a conversation with your girlfriend to talk about X-Flight at SFGAm was not the greatest experience.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Brilliant trolling IRL. :lol: I've occasionally run into people like that... yikes. I absolutely love that my son is now over 48", so on most coasters I no longer have to worry about sitting next to a weirdo.

This looks like it was a great trip through all the weather issues (hard to avoid those in the spring in the Midwest). Millennium Force is utterly perfect, and the way I would choose to end every trip if that were possible.

So are you actually caught up to the present now? :lol:

Postby viking86 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:13 am

Awesome trip report Bill! I've always enjoyed your writing style, it's always fun to read about your experiences. Thanks for sharing! :)

boldikus wrote:I want nothing more in life than for Magnumcreep to stumble upon this report..

Funny that, as I was reading I thought it would be hilarious if this guy was actually a member on the TPR boards. Then I scroll down and this is the first post. :lol:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:20 am

Nothing's better than reading a new CP trip report on the train. Great chapter to the trip reports lando, Bill.

Millennium in the front is something else. The front line queue almost always presents the "doooooo I wait it out? Or wait two trains for the back?" dilemma, but front row is the winner every time. It really does feel like the first ride, every ride.

I'm still getting over the shock of no beer mentioned and a padd up on the Thirsty Pony. I read that correct, right?!
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 am

Thanks guys!

Philrad71 wrote:BUT...I do look forward to reading the photo trip reports of people that DO go for the cheaper hotels and end up with sh%tholes like that...because we've been there and done that! :lol:

:lol: We're generally getting better lately (Comfort Suites and Sleep Inn are my new go-to) but we were on a budget for this trip and needed to stretch those points. Aside from food this entire trip only cost us like $300-$350 (total) including gas. Every hotel room was free, but we stuck to 7,000 point per night rooms which is their lowest rate. I loved the hotel in Florence and I don't remember the one from the first night (which means it must have been fine) the one in Sandusky was weird though.

Still, I wouldn't say this hotel was THAT bad. It was definately the most screwed up hotel we've ever stayed in but it's far from the worst (ignore the pictures... they're not really of the Orlando Metropolitan resort... that's all a bunch of bullsh*t. That's not their lobby either.)

Geauga Dog wrote:I never understood how a park of Cedar Point's stature can have so many low-end cheap hotels near it. I think of that every time I drive into Sandusky on Route 6. I'm sure some of them are probably decent, well kept places (and I use that term loosely) but it seems most of the ones I read in trip reports are those that haven't been updated in decades and are of questionable quality.

I honestly wonder if the Sandusky hotel market is just completely saturated. Even on holiday weekends there are tons of rooms at low rates, and I'm sure in the offseason those places are completely dead. I really wonder how they survive.

Some of the hotels in that area are actually pretty decent but you're taking a gamble any time you roll the dice and stay at one you haven't stayed at before.

bluestreak wrote:I apologize if you already stated this but what days were you at CP? I remember being there on a day like the rainy one you described but I'm not sure if it was the same day because ya know... We get a lot of crappy rainy days like that.

Were you wearing a tie dyed Ghostrider shirt?

Just kidding ;) ... it was the Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend?

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:So are you actually caught up to the present now? :lol:

Not quite. We went to Orlando in early June so a Universal / Sea World and Busch Gardens report is in the works. I don't do reports for every park we visit, just the major trips but I'm still lagging. :lol:

viking86 wrote:Funny that, as I was reading I thought it would be hilarious if this guy was actually a member on the TPR boards. Then I scroll down and this is the first post. :lol:

I almost didn't post that part because I had the same thought, then I realized that if he does read it I really don't care.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cparkes92 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:06 am

The Orlando Metropolitan is so bad that rooms are going currently for $37 per night!
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:32 am

cparkes92 wrote:The Orlando Metropolitan is so bad that rooms are going currently for $37 per night!

It sounds like a deal, but I'd much rather sleep in my car for free and shower at a truck stop or jump in a f*cking lake with a bottle of shampoo. It would probably be cleaner than showering at the Metropolitan resort with the roaches.

The weird thing about that place is that it's in a really nice section of Orlando right next to the Orlando Eye and a great Courtyard Marriot (we know this because after one night we ate the cost of the Metropolitan resort and stayed there instead after pulling in to the Metropolitan Resort and having someone try to sell us watches in the parking lot). I didn't even check out for 2 days because I didn't want to step foot back in that disgusting a** lobby and I knew they'd never issue a refund anyway because the people who work there are THE WORST PEOPLE ON EARTH. We arrived a day late because of a storm but we had called them to tell them this and they said it was no problem, when we arrived they had cancelled our reservation (without a refund) and I had to call Kayak and have them yell at the receptionist for 30 minutes until she gave us a room).

PS: There's always at least a 45 minute wait to talk to the lone employee and a million people in the non-air conditioned lobby at all times since their "Free Wifi" is only available in the lobby from a $30 router.

Sorry for the tangent, but I love talking about how awful this hotel is. It's been 3 years since I've stayed there and every once in awhile I go on TripAdvisor to see if it's been condemned yet / read the 1 star reviews about bed bugs and bodily fluids on the beds. So far I think we're the only ones to walk into a room with a pile of sawdust lying on the floor though.

Oh... and ignore the pictures of the pool. There's no pool (not that I'd want to use it anyway). If you want to use the pool you have to go nextdoor to the YMCA and use their pool. Supposedly they'll let you use it if you tell them you're staying at the Metropolitan Resort but I would be way to embarrassed to admit to another human being that I was actually staying there.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 am

coasterbill wrote:Despite how I come off, I like talking coasters with other enthusiasts sometimes as long as they shower regularly, have some basic social skills and don’t take themselves too seriously and walk around like they’re better than everyone else because they know who RMC is. I could tell pretty quickly that this guy was THE WORST kind of enthusiast as all he wanted to do was complain about “the GP” so I made it my business to do everything I could possibly do to piss him off with "GP" questions before the ride started.

I'll be honest, this kind of person is EXACTLY why we have steered TPR away from focusing on your die-hard roller coaster and Disney fan to more of the "casual" theme park fan. What I have found over the years is that, while I can talk the coaster nerd talk like the rest of them, I'd much rather be in the group that talks more in general about theme park things while having a good beer and not geeking out on the crazy details, and then having the conversation steer towards something completely different, because I'm somewhat of a normal human that doesn't live or breath ONLY roller coaster or Disney factoids.

coasterbill wrote:Up next: Our June trip to Universal Orlando, Sea World and Busch Gardens Tampa!!!

Sorry we missed you guys! June - August is crazy for us!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!