Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports Land

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Part 2 Posted Finally!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Coasterbill's Alcohol, Coaster and Culture Trip Reports

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Looks like I'll rely on my good friend Yelp when I visit Morey's for the first time this summer. Your TR is getting me excited for the trip. I can't believe how packed their piers are, especially with the shops around the boomerang.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:02 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:Add this to the coasterbill photoshop collection!! :-p -- boldikus provided inspiration with his weatherman pic! I hope you aren't offended, lol...

It's roast-beef-o-clock somewhere!

omg how did I miss this? :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

Postby prozach626 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:59 pm

I contemplated making it my profile pic.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm not sure I've heard a better idea all week.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:57 pm

prozach626 wrote:I contemplated making it my profile pic.

Do it. I dare you.
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:14 pm

I'll just leave this here. It happens to be 150x150 px

Sorry for ruining your life coasterbill. It's out of love. This is what it's like to be a celebrity!

If we ever cross paths I owe you a roast beef sandwich! (sorry, I'm not a beer drinker; though I do enjoy hard cider). Little known fact about Buffalo... we have the best roast beef sandwiches!

http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/crawl/beef-on-weck/

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

anonymouscactus wrote:If we ever cross paths I owe you a roast beef sandwich! (sorry, I'm not a beer drinker; though I do enjoy hard cider). Little known fact about Buffalo... we have the best roast beef sandwiches!

http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/crawl/beef-on-weck/

I never knew that, but it sounds awesome. Then again I suppose I need to get the touristy thing out of the way and hit up the Anchor Bar before I can go on a "Beef Crawl" :lol: .

Who knows, we might head up that way next year. I'm itching to get back to Niagara Falls and I still need to check out Martin's Fantasy Island (I know, the excitement is killing me too). I sort of feel like doing that on the way back from Cedar Point this year.

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:14 pm

You can kill two birds with one stone if you go to Anchor Bar. Get an order of hot wings, an order of spicy BBQ wings and a beef on weck for your crew and split them. I was pleasantly surprised that Anchor actually has really good beef on weck sandwiches.

But if you're in Buffalo and don't give a crap about nostalgia, I would say f%ck Anchor Bar and go to ABV instead....they have some of the best burgers that I have ever had along with a great rotating craft draft list. ABV is about a half mile from Anchor on Allen St.

ABV

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 pm

I've recently been meaning to take a few laps on silver comet, it's been a loooonnnggg time since I've been to [M]FI.

It used to be a great ride (and fun to operate! Lining up the train was always fun --- no sensors on that thing) I just hope they've maintained it well. Also I wonder if my 117 rides in one day record (they carved my tally in the control panel lol) has ever been surpassed... that was a fun day when I was practically the only one in the park and yet they actually stayed open.

If you ever find yourself in the area and want to meet up for a ride or two let me know.

Then go do cave of the winds at Niagara Falls 10 min away! Because it's awesome.

I need an excuse to bring my fiancee to the park she has had no interest in going even though we drive past it all the time. I think the problem is I told her too many bad stories from working there lol. I think she'd enjoy it if she gave the comet a shot.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:23 pm

Okay that's it, I have to ask. WTF does "on weck" mean? Is this a Buffalo thing? I'm just now learning how to speak Philly, don't tell me I have to learn to speak Buffalo too. :lol:

Edit: ^ Lol, sounds good! And yeah, I've been meaning to do Cave of the Winds. It looks great, I was between that and Journey Behind the falls but based on the reviews on here I'm leaning towards Cave of the Winds.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!