TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

My kings island itinerary for 2016

I will be going to kings island in late may early june. I will try to get to the opening hour as best as I can because I live in Nashville Tennessee and I hope I can get there before or during opening hour. I will be riding any ride that I can. I will even ride slingshot and Xtreme Skyflyer. I am hoping to go with one of my friends ( who will be a girl ) and hold their hand if I get scared on rides. I have heard that prices are cheaper online as well as the prices for slingshot and xtreme skyflyer are cheaper in the beginning of the day. I will ride those rides later in the day because that is when the park is more crowded. Here is the order of rides that I will ride that I can:

Arrive

Get tickets for slingshot and xtreme skyflyer ( I will ride these later )

Firehawk

Invertigo

Drop tower

The bat

Vortex

Banshee

Windseeker

Delirium

Slingshot

Flight of fear

Xtreme Skyflyer

Diamondback

And what ever ride I want to ride again I will.

Does my list need editing? When is lunch a good idea? What is the best ride that is listed? Any other advice for kings island? I am happy to edit my list and happy for feedback. If you have any feedback, feel free to list your own thoughts. Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to laugh at this because I admit that I used to do the same thing when I was young...map out my itinerary for the entire day at an amusement park by listing the rides that I wanted to do from first to last!

One thing that you will probably find out is that once you get there, your itinerary is likely going to fly out the window. You will probably be racing for the rides that look the coolest once you see the skyline of the park.

In terms of lunch, I would recommend not eating when everyone else does (around noon and 6:00 PM) as that is when the lines are going to be the longest. If you can do a large breakfast before you go into the park, wait and do lunch in the mid-afternoon and go to Skyline Chili or La Rosa's Pizza on International Street. This will save you money by not having to do two meals. If you get hungry later, there are tons of places to get snacks around the park

Can I ask why you don't have The Beast on your list? While The Beast is fun during the day, I would recommend waiting it out for the front seat at night. You seriously will not get a better coaster ride at the park...or perhaps at any other park for that matter.

Believe me, you will not be disappointed.

I do agree with the post above! I use to make a "to do list" or an "itinerary" for every park I visited, and as soon as I got to the park that would change. Every plan I had made would be out the window and I'd just ride things as I came to them.

With that being said. . .

Does my list need editing?

Yes.

When is lunch a good idea?

Lunch is going probably going to be a good idea when you get hungry.

What is the best ride that is listed?

That depends on who you ask. After our visit this year (as crazy as this sounds) we thought Backlot Stunt Coaster was one of the best coasters at the park. It was by far one of the biggest surprises of our trip. We rode it more than we rode any other coaster at the park. After Backlot Stunt Coaster, our second favorite coaster at the park was Firehawk. We rode it almost as much as we rode Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Any other advice for kings island?

1.) Don't try to plan out every second of your visit. Sure it is good to have an over all idea of how you want to do things, but having a very set itinerary is going to change as soon as you get to the park. Just have fun, and ride the rides as you come to them.

2.) You need to edit your "list" to include Backlot Stunt Coaster, and Beast!!

3.) As for lunch, if you are driving to the park try taking an ice chest with you. Get a parking spot close to the entrance to the park. Put things like lunch meat, snacks, and drinks in the ice chest. Leave the ice chest in your car, and go back out to your car for lunch. That will save you money, and it will save you time not having to wait in the really long lines that develop at food locations through out the park.

The order you have these rides listed in is well.. confusing, most are on opposite ends of the park from each other. You might as well just start in one section and work your way around.

You forgot the Beast, which is pretty much a must ride if there ever was one at a park.

You also left off Racer and Adventure Express. (Get the credits while you can!)

Also, I would recommend not trying to have your day planned out at much as possible. You may be disappointed and stressed. Just relax and enjoy your day and ride as much as possible. KI has a habit of being very busy in the mornings and then at about 6pm calming down with most rides being near walk ons. (if you're there on a week day anyways)