Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

RMC #16 Hakugei
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Jeremy Rides all the RMC's

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Great report! It seems like the few people who have ridden Hakugai all agree it's running way faster than the initial POVs looked.

T-Express is a big bucket list coaster of mine and I'm glad it's still running well.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Postby bert425 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:13 pm

fantastic pics, and love all the ones from Japan.

is that Mt Fuji I spot in the Fuji Q pics? a fairly rare occurrence from what I understand, and it makes a great pic.

in regards to SFFT tho, I do wish to point out that WW isn't the clone, since it opened 1st, right? Railblazer is a mirror anyways, so not technically a clone :p
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:29 am

SharkTums wrote:Glad to hear T-Express is still the awesome mix of El Toro and Balder! I hope they continue to take care of it.

You have way more patience than I do for some of those wait times though. The only way I'll even tolerate FujiQ is with the express passes for ALL the coasters. Especially if I'm going to get beat up on them in the process!

Yeah, standing in Eejanaika's queue for 3.5 hours is a "never again" type of experience. I would've bought more passes, but Fuji was so late in the under-budgeted trip that it was hard to justify the expense. Even the ticket counters had a 45 min line. I think my visit could've used a bit more prep/planning on my end, it was an achievement to only miss one coaster that day. :lmao:

Taylor Finn wrote:Love the pics, Jeremy! The only two things I'm sad I missed in Japan are Hakugei and Journey to the Center of the Earth. But I know I will be back soon and will get on both!

Thanks, Taylor. Seeing how much you loved Japan, I'm sure you'll eventually get back for these. It seems TDR always has at least one major attraction down, and I felt lucky to only miss Splash Mountain. Though I was nervous when I saw the entire Volcano covered in scaffolding. The resort was under heavy construction and beautification getting ready for next Summer's Olympics. Sorry you missed out on Journey.

My biggest miss was Sea Paradise, which had both Blue Fall and Surf Coaster down for maintenance all day. Also was denied entry to Toshimaen for having tattoos. Even after I covered them they still refused admission. :roll:

Canobie Coaster wrote:Great report! It seems like the few people who have ridden Hakugai all agree it's running way faster than the initial POVs looked.

T-Express is a big bucket list coaster of mine and I'm glad it's still running well.

Thanks! I was surprised and thought my experience was unique, but I too, have seen others share my sentiments. Everland is pretty out there, but it's worth the trouble.

bert425 wrote:fantastic pics, and love all the ones from Japan.

is that Mt Fuji I spot in the Fuji Q pics? a fairly rare occurrence from what I understand, and it makes a great pic.

in regards to SFFT tho, I do wish to point out that WW isn't the clone, since it opened 1st, right? Railblazer is a mirror anyways, so not technically a clone :p

Yeah it is! Due to the rain, we weren't expecting to see it, but right at sunset it started peeking out.

I'd say Wonder Woman is a clone because RMC designed and sold the ride as a standard design. The fact that two prototype versions were sold at the same time reinforces that. The opening date isn't super relevant when they were clearly developed together.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 am

chickenbowl wrote:My biggest miss was Sea Paradise, which had both Blue Fall and Surf Coaster down for maintenance all day. Also was denied entry to Toshimaen for having tattoos. Even after I covered them they still refused admission. :roll:

Those two rides may be down forever. =(

Toshimaen has always been the park strictest about Tattoos in the whole country. It's always the park I tell our trip participants that they need to cover up before we get there.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:26 am

^ Did I miss something about Sea Paradise closing?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:49 am

Sad to hear you had a bad experience at Fuji-Q. Makes me feel lucky, when I visited in November 2017 the queues were all below 30 mins and Eejanaika was running amazingly, its my #1 and i thought way better than X2.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:20 pm

Great report and pictures! It's always fun to read everyone's thoughts/opinions on different RMCs.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ Did I miss something about Sea Paradise closing?

The park is still there, but Blue Fall and Surf Coaster are down for various reasons for months and it's been reported that they may not reopen. Word is Surf Coaster had a small crash in the station which injured two people. That's a death sentence for a ride in Japan.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:40 pm

^ If that really did happen with Surf Coaster, that makes sense. I really liked that ride.

Antonio Drum Master

Postby CoasterCrazy88 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Our Japan trip was absolutely awesome. Almost everything exceeded my expectations. Both T Express and Hakugei were unreal experiences. I still cannot believe how insanely fast Hakugei is... I was definitely not anticipating a "WTF, this is like Steel Vengeance" kind of ride.

Also, FUUUUUUUUUJIYAMAAA FUUUUUUUJIYAAAAMMMAAA FUUUUUUUUUUUUJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIYAMAAAA
Coaster Count: 625
Top 5 Steels: Steel Vengeance, Hakugei, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Twisted Timbers
Top 5 Woods: Lightning Rod, T Express, Outlaw Run, El Toro, Wildfire

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!