Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Favorite Rides from the Movies

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Hey, I really hope this isn't a repost topic- I searched and searched and didn't see anything similar.

I just saw the topic about the home-made dark ride, and it got me thinking about my favorite scene from a movie involving a ride:
(WARNING: NSFW, but I don't think it's really any worse than any HHN stuff these days)

I just love the surreal atmosphere in this scene (and the rest of the movie) and especially the little black light diorama- the whole thing reminds me of the old Museum of Wax in Newport, OR when I was a kid.

Honorable mention goes to the Trabant from Sandlot, sorry about the quality on this one:

So what are your favorite rides featured in movies?

Re: Favorite Rides from the Movies

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:15 pm

BY FAR, Mr. BoneStripper from Nothing but Trouble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs
skip to the 1:35 mark!

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:16 pm

It always bothered me that they didn't make the "Up and At'em" chair from the 1995 Casper movie into an attraction. Universal could have done some awesome stuff with a ride based off that movie.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:30 pm

The waterslides from Goonies! They always looked like so much fun, especially with the drops at the end.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:56 pm

theymitbgi wrote:The waterslides from Goonies! They always looked like so much fun, especially with the drops at the end.

Good call sir, I remember hearing the DVD cast commentary (yes I am that much of a nerd) that they really WERE a lot of fun, and that the adults got to ride them in the evenings after filming stopped.
That was actually a really interesting commentary, I recommend watching it if you like the movie, it actually has shots of the actors while they're doing the commentary and not just an audio track

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:25 pm

I do love the Murder Ride from House of 1000 corpses, also got from horror:

House On Haunted Hill - Roller Coaster - Terror Incognita

Lift Tower (NSFW - mild profanity)

Crash

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:21 pm

Take the Circus Blacklight Scene from Madagascar 3 and Make it a Suspended Dark Ride.

I've had thoughts about retheming ET into something like that.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:32 pm

SoCalJasonland wrote:House On Haunted Hill - Roller Coaster - Terror Incognita

This one is my favorite.

But really, has no one mentioned National Lampoon's Vacation??

Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:42 pm

CP Maverick wrote:
SoCalJasonland wrote:House On Haunted Hill - Roller Coaster - Terror Incognita

This one is my favorite.

But really, has no one mentioned National Lampoon's Vacation??

The Coaster part of the Swimming Pool part?

How about a wacky dark ride simulating the ride to Wally World?

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:11 pm

How about the Mine Car Chase scene in "Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom"?

That was such an obvious coaster set up, when I was watching it for the first time, I couldn't
believe they never did build something like that. And yes there is "Temple of Peril" in DLP and
"Raging Spirits" in TDL. But they're not the same as what could have been created and built.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS