Ryan (that's me) and Laura go to Japan

New update: Last and Final update with both Portland parks
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Ryan (that's me) and Laura go to Japan

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Thanks for the comments so far. I'm mad at myself for not remembering about Pizza Port. I ate there on my last visit. Lots of Japan photos to come but first our second day in San Diego.

We went to Legoland California for half a day. I loved playing Legos when I was a kid so I was excited for my first visit to a Legoland. I liked the theming through out the park. Even if it was kind of blocky. (get it) We both enjoyed the park overall.

image.jpg
Legoland Cali

image.jpg
Looks like home. Not really.

image.jpg
The minilands were cool.

image.jpg
Definitely neat little details

image.jpg
Missing the random costume characters

image.jpg
Vegas!

image.jpg
You can make the S&S tower work.

image.jpg
Throw me some beads.

image.jpg
I was probably to excited when I saw this.

image.jpg
It's a pretty cool set.

image.jpg
Everything is Awesome

image.jpg
I liked the movie a lot so yeah this was cool.

image.jpg
Our favorite ride 2 thumbs up at the park.

image.jpg
Laura showing how to put out the fire. We won by the way.

image.jpg
Star Wars!

image.jpg
Engineering flaw.

image.jpg
The Star Wars minilands were cool. Seemed to just take a corner and I think they should expand it.

image.jpg
Love dark rides but I can't remember anything from this one. I did like how they had a Lego play area for the kids while the adults waited in line.

image.jpg
She gets so happy for the cutest things. Like when an employee hands her a giant Lego. The Knights Tournament was a fun ride by the way.

image.jpg
Ryan has left Legoland

So after Legoland, we went to the San Diego Fair. You actually drive past it on the way to Legoland from SD. I recommend to anyone going that you park at a nearby parking lot with the free shuttle buses as traffic near the fair is horrible. I did not know we were going to the fair till the day of so it was a fun stop. We didn't stay late because we had to be up bright and early to start our journey to Japan.

image.jpg
Here we are..

image.jpg
This was before even Disney or Six Flags banned them.

image.jpg
All the rides are towards the back of the fair.

image.jpg
Reminded me of Houston Rodeo. Laura later told me, it was the same company.

image.jpg
This is a hard coaster to find, I guess?

image.jpg
For you train lovers.

image.jpg
I wish we would of rode it more than once.

image.jpg
So I can do spinning rides but this one always gets me. I was "done" after riding but at least I rode the two big coasters before this.

image.jpg
Credit whoring!

image.jpg
Thanks for reading, next update will be JAPAN!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:09 pm

Awesome report! Like others in this thread, I may go to SeaWorld and Belmont that sometime around West Coast Bash.
Looking forward to Japan adventures!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:36 pm

Nice start to the report! Belmont's high on my list for whenever I finally make it out to southern California.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Postby Mrlittle » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:16 pm

One of the very first updates I saw on TPR many years ago was when they went to Japan. I knew from then on that it was #1 on my list of places I wanted to travel to. I took a lot of photos and I will share some stories along the way.

I was nervous about the language barrier but ts amazing how many things are translated to English. There were still times were language was a problem but overall, the people are so nice and patient. We showed up at our hotel in Shinagawa and met up with friends for some beer and food. After traveling all day, I never imagine we end up going to one of the primary reasons we went on this trip. A group was going to Tokyo Disneyland that night to ride Space Mountain since we knew it would be closed down in a few weeks when we were scheduled to visit. So with nothing else going on but maybe sleep, we decided to go. Plus Tokyo Disney has a night ticket and after 6 its only $34. Yes, just $34 dollars to go to the best resort in the world. Sadly, Space Mountain was broken down but we had about two hours to spend around the park. So we rode Pirates, Monsters Inc., Star Tours, Buzz and then my new favorite dark ride Pooh. It was worth it to ride 5 rides on our first day in Japan. It was like a teaser for the park that we would go back to later.

image.jpg
We made it. The 9 hr flight wasn't bad but I only got like an hour of sleep. I just can't sleep on planes.

image.jpg
First of many trains while in Japan.

image.jpg
This was around 3:00 PM. The train stations never really slow down.

image.jpg
Our view from our room. We stayed at the Shinagawa Prince Hotel the first night.

image.jpg
Such a large city.

image.jpg
One could get lost in this city.

image.jpg
View from 36th floor while eating and drinking

image.jpg
Amazing how efficient the trains were. Always on time.

image.jpg
Can you tell I am tired?

image.jpg
This was when we decided to head to Tokyo Disneyland. It was a lot of switching stations and running to catch a train but we got to the park with about two hours till closing.

image.jpg
Space Mountain - I would of loved to been able to ride but just another reason to go back.

image.jpg
Monsters Inc. was a fun dark ride.

image.jpg
Better than any Monsters Inc ride we have in the U.S.

image.jpg
It was actually at this moment, that it dawn on me. I'm in JAPAN FINALLY! (I was like half asleep from flying)

image.jpg
In this version, the Pirates still chase the women

image.jpg
Still waiting to see if Space Mountain would reopen for the night. We rode Star Tours and Buzz. Basically finishing Tomorrowland in 1 hour

image.jpg
I don't remember which planets we went to but Laura was the REBEL on board. I was more excited then she was about it.

image.jpg
Hearing Buzz in Japanese was different.

image.jpg
My one attempt to take a night photo of the castle. I'm not a photographer.

image.jpg
Why can't we have a dark ride like this in America? Seriously, everyone needs to go ride this. I will talk more about it in later updates.

image.jpg
A great night at Tokyo Disneyland for our first day in Japan.

image.jpg
Our second day in Japan was a travel day which consisted of Bullet trains.

image.jpg
Some of the stations, you can see the Bullet trains just fly by at their top speeds. Its a sight to see.

image.jpg
Sleepy head

image.jpg
Japan is huge on safety and germs.

image.jpg
There also huge on vending machines. So many different options to try out.

image.jpg
This was okay. I think I was hoping it would taste more like lemonade.

image.jpg
Most of the coke products like Sprite and Fanta tasted great. I could be wrong but they tasted like they had more sugar.

image.jpg
Our hotel in Fukuoka for a few days. Thanks for reading and next update will be SPACE WORLD!!!!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Great first start to the report!

I always say, if there is a major coaster at Tokyo Disneyland to miss out on, Space Mountain is one of the better ones, and here's why - it's pretty much exactly the same ride (sans the music) as Space Mountain in California and at Hong Kong. Tokyo Disney always has a major ride shut down as they are constantly doing maintenance, and I've heard of people going when totally unique rides like Journey or Pooh are down, and I think that would be a real bummer. Sad you guys missed it, but like you said, now you have more than one reason to go back!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Great start to the report -- will be following along with this one! :)
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:19 am

That night was one crazy rush, Tokyo Station was enormous! What a great memory! =)
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:52 am.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:46 am

Awesome report! Can't wait to see the rest of yours! A bummer that Space Mountain was closed, but now you have one more reason to go back, besides that Disney Sea is worth visiting anyway!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Space World is a fun park. I thought overall the coasters were great. We went to Japan during the rain season and we were lucky with the rain for the most part. Unfortunately while at Space World it started to rain hard but we made the best of it. They had Venus GP and Clipper coasters closed because of their brakes but the rest of the coasters were open. We ended waiting to see if the rain would let up but it never did. We did spend some time at nearby mall before heading back.
image.jpg
This is the view you get as soon as you exit the train station.

image.jpg
Celebrating 25 years.

image.jpg
Spaaaaaaace World

image.jpg
Some of the mascots came out to greet us.

image.jpg
I guess shes some kind of alien?

image.jpg
We all got our wristbands and started to walk towards the first coaster of the day.

image.jpg
Our first coaster in Japan. I didn't think it was terrible but watch out for the last few turns.

image.jpg
On the new trains, these are the song choices. Let's all sing together "Go to the Space World"

image.jpg
Zaturn had a great launch on it.

image.jpg
Before you can get on any coasters in Japan, you must empty your pockets.

image.jpg
Wanna Fanta

image.jpg
I loved the alien signs around the park.

image.jpg
Go to the Space World

image.jpg
I seriously want these vending machines in America

image.jpg
How does a park in Japan have a rocket but my home town does not?

image.jpg
Waiting to see if they open the kiddie coaster but it started to rain.

image.jpg
I love me some Mario Kart.

image.jpg
We were also hoping to ride Venus but they don't trust the brakes in the rain.

image.jpg
Random toys you can win.

image.jpg
So this was a neat indoor area. It included a rollercoaster and simulator ride. There was other attractions but they were closed during our visit.

image.jpg
Reminded me of an EPCOT pavilion.

image.jpg
This was a decent roller coaster in the dark.

image.jpg
The ride sign for the Boogie-woogie Space coaster. I remember this coaster being kind of meh.

image.jpg
I want to believe.

image.jpg
They have arcades, vending machines and toy capsule machines everywhere in Japan.

image.jpg
Just a few of the thousands of toy capsule machines.

image.jpg
They do have some awesome things in them.

image.jpg
The nearby mall was really nice.

image.jpg
Japan is huge on beauty products. Thanks for reading and next update will be Mitsui Greenland.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Great update, Ryan. Space World was a fun park! Fortunately even though Venus was closed in the rain we still managed the other major rides. I didn't mind Titan V at all, the new trains were pretty decent even if the track was a bit weird in spots.

I'm sure that theme song will stick around in my head for a while... Go. To. Space. Go. To The Space World...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!