Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

How would you rank them?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Anyone ridden all the RMCs yet?

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:50 am

I've been on Lightning Rod, Wicked Cyclone, and Iron Rattler. Of those, I'd probably go in this order:

1) Lightning Rod
2) Wicked Cyclone
3) Iron Rattler

Mind you, these are all INCREDIBLE coasters. Only reason why I put IR below WC is because, though the drop is better on IR, the airtime and overall layout is better on WC. IR tends to meander a bit in the place where the old helix used to be.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Mossed » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

1. Steel Vengeance - Holy moly. This is the best coaster I've ever been on. I love pretty much every element in the first half, except maybe the double up. The drop, first airtime hill, outward banked airtime hill, and inversions are all great. And then you have the airtime into the midcourse. The second half is bonkers and even disorienting at night. There's so many moments of airtime. This ride has everything I look for in a coaster.

2. Lightning Rod - This was a tough choice, but I give the nod to Lightning Rod since it has the strongest airtime, specifically on the quad down.

3. Twisted Colossus - Love the long ride time. The first drop(s) are strong. The dueling aspect makes it.

4. Iron Rattler - The first drop and the drop over the wall are both amazing.

5. Outlaw Run - Completely taken back by how good this was. Time Traveler had a majority of the people in it's queue, so this thing was a walk on. Which meant a ton of rides.

^ - Those five are all legitimate top tier coasters in my opinion.

6. Golden Lasso - Give me one for Valleyfair, please. These things are brilliant. So much airtime (I only rode this in the back). The first drop, the airtime hill where it slings you left and then right, it's absolutely bonkers.

7. Goliath - Big drop off. Still has an amazing first drop and I enjoy all the elements.

8. The Joker - Easily my least favorite. Felt like a normal coaster with an awesome stall.
Top 10 - 1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Intimidator 305 3.) Maverick. 4.) Lightning Rod 5.) Fury325 6.) Phoenix 7.) Twisted Colossus 8.) Taron 9.) Millennium Force 10.) Expedition GeForce

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby firebird81 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:23 am

I have a question. I've heard from a couple of people that after a certain point, they all start feeling pretty much the same for the most part(excluding the raptor). I still haven't ridden a single RMC, but I guess I can see how that might be possible. Has anybody experienced that?

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:20 am

firebird81 wrote:I have a question. I've heard from a couple of people that after a certain point, they all start feeling pretty much the same for the most part(excluding the raptor). I still haven't ridden a single RMC, but I guess I can see how that might be possible. Has anybody experienced that?

I've been on 12 of the RMCs, and I would say that sentiment is not really true. I feel like each RMC has it's own vibe/personality that's even hard to detect from a POV. Twisted Colossus has the dueling, IRat has the quarry (and superior trains), Wildfire has the pine forest/lakes, Lightning Rod has the launch, terrain and quad down. They are all similarly amazing that typically feature zero-g rolls/stalls as inversions and a lot of airtime, but how those things are presented to you is always mixed up and in vastly different settings. Even the similarly-looking rolls can feel very different from one another (Wildfire's last one taken at crazy speed, while IRat's roll somehow has airtime coming out of it). And the airtime strength/duration varies a lot from ride to ride.

Many other models/designs feel much closer to one another or follow a formula:
- GCIs (Every shaping of a turn/drop/airtime/whatever feels the same from ride to ride)
- B&M Hypers (Drop, airtime hill, turn-around, airtime hill(s), mcbr, smaller airtime hill(s))
- B&M Inverts (A lot of these feel very similar to each other)
- B&M Floorless/Sit down (Drop, loop, dive loop, zero-g, cobra roll, mcbr, corkscrews),
- B&M Dive (Drop, immelman, mcbr, drop, etc)
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Twisted Timbers
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby LiftThrill » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:38 am

All of the ones I've ridden are quite different from each other. They have some similar elements but overall the experiences are pretty unique.

1. New Texas Giant - when it's not warmed up I'd put it #2 or 3, but once it's running it hauls through a ton of really fun overbanks and airtime hills. The second overbank in and the airtime hill before the midcourse are my favorite elements.
2. Outlaw Run - incredibly well paced coaster with insane elements. It's basically the opposite of NTaG in that it's pretty short and intense but has near flawless pacing, and is a little rougher.
3. Iron Rattler - this coaster is the happy medium between Outlaw Run and New Texas Giant but doesn't have quite as many strengths as either. Great setting and great first drop, but lacks the intensity of Outlaw Run or the length of New Texas Giant.
4. Goliath - awesome elements and a breathtaking first drop, but the pacing is kinda janky. Intensity is similar to Outlaw Run.
5. WWGLC/Raptors - crazy insane intensity but the restraints are a little uncomfortable and it's not super rerideable.
1. Fury 325 | 2. Millennium Force | 3. New Texas Giant | 4. Outlaw Run | 5. Maverick | 6. Twisted Cyclone | 7. Iron Rattler | 8. The Voyage | 9. Goliath (SFGAm) | 10. Time Traveler

I Love Donkeys!

Postby sublimeairtime » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:57 pm

chickenbowl wrote:
firebird81 wrote:Many other models/designs feel much closer to one another or follow a formula:
- GCIs (Every shaping of a turn/drop/airtime/whatever feels the same from ride to ride)
- B&M Hypers (Drop, airtime hill, turn-around, airtime hill(s), mcbr, smaller airtime hill(s))
- B&M Inverts (A lot of these feel very similar to each other)
- B&M Floorless/Sit down (Drop, loop, dive loop, zero-g, cobra roll, mcbr, corkscrews),
- B&M Dive (Drop, immelman, mcbr, drop, etc)

And this is why B&M isn't a top tier manufacturer for me. They have no creativity and never push the boundaries. It's all well and good that they've experimented some with rider orientation/seating but the layouts are bland for the most part.
Admittedly I haven't been on one of B&Ms best like Fury or Nemesis but I don't have a single B&M in my top 10 personally. I consider Intamin, Mack, RMC, and Gravity Group to all be much better manufacturers, and soon Vekoma as well.
1) Helix 2) Boulder Dash 3) Maverick 4) Skyrush 5) Wildfire 6) Superman The Ride 7) Wicked Cyclone 8) El Toro 9) Boardwalk Bullet 10) Time Traveler

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Skittles » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:21 pm

Currently in my second day at Cedar Point, the final park of the trip, so here are my new and updated RMC rankings!

Yes, it's kind of going to give away my new rankings post-trip, but whatever.

1. Steel Vengeance - This lived up to the hype. Yes, I'm not a fan of the operations, but man, does the coaster itself more than make up for it. So much airtime, fantastic pacing, an amazing first drop, nice theming in the queue line, long ride... this ride really has something for everyone. IT'S SO GOOD!! I know because I'm here right now! :lol:
2. Storm Chaser - Possibly the most underrated Hybrid there is. I'd actually say it's more intense than Steel Vengeance; yes, it's not as good, but the way Kentucky Kingdom runs it? It has some of the greatest pacing ever! That really helps all the airtime and elements be absolutely amazing. This is just another reason why I wish KK had better operations; so I could marathon this thing.
3. Twisted Timbers - Basically everything I said with Storm Chaser applies here; except the annoying operations kind of made me a little mad, and I didn't have to worry about this with Storm Chaser.
4. Twisted Colossus - I haven't ridden this in almost a year in a half, but I remember it being awesome. Full of airtime everywhere, great inversions and dueling moments, a pair of great first drops, but yeah, it's not the most aggressive and as I said, I haven't ridden it as recently.
5. RailBlazer - Love this coaster a lot. At first, I wasn't a big fan because of the restraints, but after this trip, I think that I underrated it. I now know that my favorite kind of ride is an aggressive one, regardless of how the restraints are. This is what RailBlazer is to me.
6. Goliath - Yeah, it is a short ride, but every element totally makes up for it. There was a surprising amount of airtime, great inversions, my favorite RMC drop (I like it slightly more than Steel Vengeance's for some reason) and was just something that I really came to love.
7. Joker - Usually is a pretty awesome ride, but after my most recent to SFDK where it was crawling most of the way through, I can't rank it as high anymore. Which is disappointing. It can be so amazing.
Coaster Count - 183

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:10 pm

1. Twisted Timbers

...and that's it. :|
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:28 pm

I picked up two new RMCs (for me) this last week: Joker and Railblazer. LOVED both, but Railblazer was the one that really shined. My rankings...

1. Twisted Colossus, still (mostly because you basically get two rides in one, occasionally race, and tons of airtime)
2. Railblazer (LOVE this coaster, the restraints don't bother me a bit, and the ride hauls a$$ like no other)
3. Wicked Cyclone (a really solid RMC that still shouldn't be looked down upon)
4. Joker (even though this is my least favorite RMC, I still think it's a top 10-15 coaster!)

Even the worst RMC is still fantastic. That says a lot about the company!
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby average.coaster.fan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:38 pm

Before this year I had not ridden any, but now I’ve ridden five! Here are my rankings:

1) Steel Vengeance- Pretty self-explanatory. Some of the best airtime on the planet, outstanding inversions, fantastic drops, what more can you ask for?
2) Lightning Rod- Most people think the launch is pretty forgettable, but I actually really love the launch! The first half mainly consists of several overbanks with some crazy laterals, but the quad down is just plain mental. Each moment of airtime is absolute bonkers and I adore it! The half loop is pretty fun too and reminds me of Fury’s treble clef.
3) Twisted Timbers- Much like Steel Vengeance, this coaster is packed to the brim with airtime. Some of my favorite moments have to be the three sustained hills after the first overbank along with the trick track double up! The outer banked turn is also pretty epic as is the cutback! Definitely a must-do at Kings Dominion!
4) Outlaw Run- This ride is a little short, but every part of this ride is flawless. It has my favorite drop out of all the RMCs as well as my favorite set of inversions. The initial stall is pretty crazy with the banking, and the few airtime hills it has have very solid ejector! The wave turn is also really fun, and the double barrel roll at the end is one of my favorite endings to any coaster out there! The hang time is perfect!
5) Storm Chaser- Although my least favorite RMC, it’s still better than over 95% of the coasters I’ve ridden! The beginning of this ride is insane with its barrel roll downdrop and airtime hill filled with sustained ejector! Although the middle is a bit forgettable, the overbanks and twisted hills are still fun. Another solid airtime hill and whippy corkscrew lead into the astonishing trick track double up, an epic double down, and a fun helix with crazy laterals!
Steel: 154 Wood: 39 Overall: 193
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Skyrush, i305, Maverick
Top 5 Wood: Voyage, Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, Beast, Thunderhead
Top 5 Parks: Cedar Point, Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Busch Gardens Tampa, Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!