Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

P. 27 - Nagashima Spaland & The Lockup!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 am

This is super awesome! Thanks for sharing! Absolutely cool to see something that is so interactive and educational at the same time!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby BugEyed » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:19 pm

I just love the line "Basically, KidZania is the coolest theme park that no one on this forum is allowed to visit!"

That actually made me audibly laugh.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:34 pm

What an amazing learning place for kids! And all that stuff Kristen got to create and keep, too!
Did you hold on to everything for her, as she went along, or was there a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo available, etc?

Great start to your tour, guys. Looking forward to seeing more Japanese Awesomeness!

=)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:02 pm

That place is so incredibly amazing! What an incredible idea and execution. I really wish we could have nice things like this in the US.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:12 pm

mikeykaise wrote:This is so cool! Its a shame it didn't catch on here in the US. Do they use real food in the restaurants or is it plastic

It's all real food! Pretty much only thing that isn't real are the humans and animals you operate on in the hospitals!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:14 pm

blk_mamba wrote: I wonder if this is a park that would be sustainable in the United States?

Please READ the report! I cover this!!! Pretty much the exact reason why you asked this question is the reason why it won't work in the US! ;)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:Great start to your tour

We're not on a tour. We're just hanging out in Japan with some friends. We aren't doing tours this year.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mknut389 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:21 pm

We definitely have a place like this in Charlotte. It's operated by the Junior Achievement of the Carolinas and is called JA Bizztown. Unfortunately its only open for elementary school field trips. Absolutely not as elaborate or cool as this (its funded entirely through donations afterall), but but the concept is viable here. KidZania should definitely try in the US again. Maybe not in a Mall, and cater to schools during the week, and everyone else on the weekend? Really cool concept!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:38 pm

mknut389 wrote:We definitely have a place like this in Charlotte. It's operated by the Junior Achievement of the Carolinas and is called JA Bizztown.

JA Bizztown is "like" this, but it is nowhere NEAR on the scale of KidZania and is operated totally differently. We have one in Tampa. We are well aware of what it is. Saying that JA Bizztown is similar to KidZania is like saying Six Flags America is similar to Tokyo Disneyland.

There are lots of different museums and educational children's learning centers that have similar activities (Discovery Center in Binghampton is another one) but when you walk into KidZania, you'll then realize there is *NOTHING* in the US that compares to it.

but the concept is viable here.

What you are talking about and what KidZania is are two totally different different things. If you would READ our report, you'll see that they did try this exact same concept here once, and it didn't work. I hear that they do want to try it again, but I fear that it wouldn't be the same, or would have to be a more dumbed down version of the attraction to work around the challenges of an American audience.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 pm.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:12 pm

That is absolutely jaw-dropping. I absolutely adoooooorrre the attention to detail - the outfits, the layout, the variety of jobs... I am totally in love this this concept.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!