Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

P. 27 - Nagashima Spaland & The Lockup!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Robb & Elissa in Japan - 2015!

Postby viking86 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:42 am

Wow that place looks incredible! I would have loved to do that when I was a kid (heck, I would have loved to do it now)!

I'm particularly impressed by how extremely well-done it looks. Nothing appears to be done halfway...

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:53 am

AJMouse wrote:^ For a company that started in Mexico City that's quite a good compliment I suppose :)

KidZania is located in about 15 different countries all over the world. The company started in Mexico City and locations besides there and Tokyo include Singapore, Dubai, Lisbon, Seoul, Jakarta, Kuwait, Mumbai, Sau Paulo, and London (opening later this year.

Wow no kidding. It seemed like such a Japanese concept to me I assumed it was a unique place. I'd like it if they were in the US, but I doubt they would do well here.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby mikeykaise » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:54 am

This is so cool! Its a shame it didn't catch on here in the US. Do they use real food in the restaurants or is it plastic, it looked like Kidtums was squeezing sauce onto the hamburger but I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby blk_mamba » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:08 am

That is a very interesting park concept! I like that they have jobs that are exciting and jobs that might seem mundane. I wonder if this is a park that would be sustainable in the United States? Those pictures were adorable btw!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:50 am

blk_mamba wrote:That is a very interesting park concept! I like that they have jobs that are exciting and jobs that might seem mundane. I wonder if this is a park that would be sustainable in the United States? Those pictures were adorable btw!

That did get mentioned in the TR :b :

It's a concept that was tried in the USA (Wannado City at Sawgrass Mills near Miami) but just didn't work. I feel like it might be too complicated for the US audience and most American children, sad to say, may not have the patience or attention span for it. It's a shame because it's amazing!

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:20 am

My kids would love this! Of course, around here everything would be broken and stolen, but I like the concept.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:32 am

fatdaddy wrote:...Of course, around here everything would be broken and stolen...

But then you have opportunities for Kid Cops! And the Kids Justice System!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby RCjunkie » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:39 am

cfc wrote:What a great little park! Did they offer a chance to be a "copy editor"? ;)

I heard they removed that experience after the kids started drinking heavily at the end of their work day. ;)

What a neat and fun learning experience for kids.
Last edited by RCjunkie on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:10 am.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Chip422 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:05 am

Love this concept. Gives kids a chance to experience different careers in a "fun" setting. Very Impressed!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/7dabb3ef5cff0ae30685858e5eba0737.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:10 am

mikeykaise wrote:This is so cool! Its a shame it didn't catch on here in the US. Do they use real food in the restaurants or is it plastic, it looked like Kidtums was squeezing sauce onto the hamburger but I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

Yup, real food in several locations! The burger shop, pizza place, bakery, sweet shop, bottling, bakery, ice cream and maybe even one more! KTis super picky about food though so she didn't want to do any of the food activities other than soda!

And they do also have police! We were watching some kids go around taking fingerprints and gathering clues.

Seriously the place was amazing. I had done my research and knew what to expect and saw all the glowing reviews and it exceeded and blew them all away!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!