Seabreeze Amusement Park

Talk about stuff relating to Seabreeze in Rochester, NY
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: Seabreeze Amusement Park

Postby wildcatroc » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:59 am

A few pictures of the new Time Machine, a Super Miami ride by Technical Park of Italy. The theme was designed locally in Rochester, based on a concept developed by Seabreeze Park, with the work completed by park staff. There are a few small pieces to be added yet, but by large the ride appears to be complete and it seems to be a hit with park guests.

Time Machine is located on a site adjacent to the front gate, next to the Tilt-A-Whirl, where a smoking area was previously located. The dial on the Time Machine is set to August 1879, the month and year during which the first trainload of visitors came to Seabreeze (then called Sea Breeze Park) on the newly constructed Rochester & Lake Ontario Railroad.
2017-05-27 14.26.11.jpg
2017-05-27 14.18.25.jpg
2017-05-27 14.08.31.jpg
2017-05-27 19.09.43 HDR.jpg
2017-05-20 13.40.17(2).jpg
All aboard the Time Machine. Destination: August 1879
2017-05-20 16.54.58 HDR.jpg
A view of the Time Machine, under construction, from the southern side of the Tilt-A-Whirl, by the Jack Rabbit.
2017-05-27 19.29.41.jpg
A view from the parking lot. A new fence, gray and white in color, has been erected. The building behind the Time Machine, which houses the machinery, was designed to complement the existing buildings at the front gate.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:28 am

Whoa that is a really cool looking flat ride! Seabreeze looked really nice in my visit 7 years back so I'm glad they've been keeping the park looking that great.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:18 am

I'm a big fan of this place, we visited for the first time last year and were blown away by how nice it was. I grew up with Rye Playland and this park honestly feels like what I wish that park was.

As for the new ride, it looks excellent. Those rides are a ton of fun and take up absolutely no space so it's a great fit.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby CNYCoasterguy11 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:58 am

I can't wait to go back to the park this summer, the new ride looks great and its a good addition. A somewhat thrilling family ride and its perfect for them since it has a smaller foot print so they didn't have to remove an old ride. The one thing the park is truly missing in my opinion would be a good Family Raft waterslide for the water park. They have good slides and pools but lack a good slide for the under 42" crowd. I also wish they would get a new train for the Jackrabbit and ditch the Morgan train but beggars can't be choosers I guess :)
COASTER COUNT:
TOTAL:142
STEEL:113
WOOD:29
PARKS:27

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:58 pm

Time Machine is a seriously awesome themed ride. Spectacularly done!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:22 pm

Fantastic! I love to see parks, especially smaller parks, go the extra step to make things look great. It really shows an underlying care and appreciating behind how they do things and that they aren't just looking for a quick buck. Seabreeze has been on my radar for a long time, but it's going to take a long time before it comes up on my list of things to finally make it to. I'm glad that it is apparently going to be improving in the meantime.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:52 pm

Thought I may as well bump this thread up again. Gosh, seeing this made me feel old. I remember making this thread with my alternate account back in the day. Almost 4 years went by already since this was made?!

Anyways, so I thought that maybe some random speculation may revive this thread. How unlikely is it that Seabreeze gets another small scale thrill coaster to the side of the parking lot behind Whirlwind? Also, if you actually have any hope for that happening, what do you speculate that it may be?

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:28 am

I feel like Seabreeze is the size park RMC was targeting when they originally developed the Raptor.

I haven't been to Seabreeze in almost a decade and want to make it back there if I make it to Canada's Wonderland this year.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby disownedpear » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Seabreeze was my first park and is really an awesome and unique park. The spinning mouse is actually a fantastic coaster, and runs faster than any others of that model that I have ridden. The bobsled was my first coaster and is super fun and unique. Jack Rabbit is a cool historic ride but I don't think it is very special, the tunnel at the end is very fun however. The log flume has the most extreme drop of one I have ever ridden. Definitely the best park in New York, but I can't say the competition is very strong.
The Knoebels flyers are the greatest thrill ride ever made. If anyone sees Harry at the park can you tell him I'm sorry for breaking his ride and getting him in trouble.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mecole21 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

Seabreeze just announced that they're adding 2 new waterslides and updating the "Soak Zone" section of their waterpark. One slide is called "Twister" and it's an open slide and the other is called "Pipeline" which is an enclosed slide. As a Seabreeze season passholder, I'm glad they're updating this section, when you compare to other parks that have a similiar areas with the bucket, small slides, etc, it's definitely been lacking.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!