TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2015 Trip

Hey, in 2015 we are planning on going to Little Amerricka, Six Flags Great America, and (maybe) Bay Beach Amusement Park. We are thinking of going to Little Amerricka on a Sunday, Six Flags Great America on Monday, and then Bay Beach Amusement Park on Tuesday. First weekend of June.

Any tips on how to make this trip the best possible?

Edited by GCI Wooden

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you are in Minnesota or if you have to be home on the evening of that Tuesday, but Bay Beach may not be worth it. If you drive to the park that morning, get your rides in, and then drive back to Minnesota, it's going to be one hell of a day just for the one credit. It sounds like you're going with family, and a day like that may not be the best idea for a family trip (unless they're all big into coasters, too). I'd definitely recommend a good discussion about that day before giving it a definite green light.

Other than that, sounds like you've got a good trip! Get the Platinum Flash Pass for Six Flags, and it'll be a fantastic trip!

Under the best circumstances w/Little Amerricka, I can't imagine spending more than 2 hours there. I'd try to mix in something else like House on The Rock. That or head towards Six Flags and commit to two days. Bay Beach is also a park where, should you ride everything that would interest super hardcore fans, you're looking at 2-3 hours with a longer amount of time only necessary if you really, really want to ride the wood coaster 20 times. Maybe stop in Milwaukee on the way up?

We will be stopping in Milwaukee on the way up to Bay Beach for the Harley Davidson Museum. Also, I live pretty darn close to the Minnesota/Wisconsin border so nothing on here is that far of a drive.

Thanks for the responses!

I would recommend purchasing a flash pass if you truly want to enjoy your SFGA experience in one day. During the Summer, even on a weekday, SFGA will be very busy.

I haven't gone to Little Amerricka, but my family has and as mentioned by a previous poster I've heard it's a 2-3 hour experience at most.

Bay Beach Amusement Park is an awesome city owned theme park with an excellent wooden roller coaster (Zippin Pippin) that costs $1 per ride. If you have younger children I believe your day will last longer as they have many flat rides geared towards younger children. The line are generally very short for Zippin Pippin. I live ( 3 ) hours away and I will find it hard to justify heading out there this year, but I'm sure I'll do it at least once .

Under the best circumstances w/Little Amerricka, I can't imagine spending more than 2 hours there. I'd try to mix in something else like House on The Rock. That or head towards Six Flags and commit to two days. Bay Beach is also a park where, should you ride everything that would interest super hardcore fans, you're looking at 2-3 hours with a longer amount of time only necessary if you really, really want to ride the wood coaster 20 times. Maybe stop in Milwaukee on the way up?

Great ideas. Or maybe check out Mt. Olympus and Timberfalls Adventure Theme Park in Wisconsin Dells???

Little Amerricka is a fantastic place--Meteor alone is worth the price of admission. We drove from St. Louis to Marshall, spent about 3 hours at Little Amerricka, and then drove from there to Waukegan all in one day. It was a long day of driving, sure, but our time in the park broke up the trip nicely. They have a TON of rides for such a small park--best flat there is the parachute drop. You don't see those very often anymore, and they run it so you get 2 consecutive drops before you have to get off and back around in line again. The train is great, as well; it runs a long way out from the park through the Wisconsin countryside, and there's a lot to see, including zebras! The train will have a line longer than anything except Meteor, but it is well worth the wait. Best theme park train I've been on, by a lot.

If you buy your tickets in advance online, you get a bit of a discount. It's only a couple of dollars, but you also get to skip the ticket line and go straight to will-call, so you're in the park faster. Have fun!

• 4 weeks later...