Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Pg 67 - Zadra POV Posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Energylandia Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:59 am

Perilous Chris wrote:I'm curious how Hyperion compares to some of the other high rated Intamin hyper/gigas like Expedition GeForce and I305? I know you mentioned some of the rides were not good, but does it have potential to be in the same class?

"Potential?" Yes, absolutely. Maybe not quite up to SkyRush, GeForce or I305, but up there with Superman Ride of Steel and Goliath for sure.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Perilous Chris » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:26 am

Thanks Robb. I'm considering it for a future trip, but perhaps I should wait a couple years to see what more they add. I still have yet to visit anything in Asia.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stonem » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:20 am

Wow, you had such a bad experience at the park, i'm sad to hear that the park got worse this year.

I visited the park one day during Hyperion's opening year and operations were really fast, sometimes hyperion had no line or maybe 5 minutes.. That ride became one of my favorite coasters. The first drop is unbelievable and that are many interesting moments and ejector hills, except the middle course hill which is pointless.. I liked it better than Geforce, Lech Coaster etc..But I rode it on a warmer day so maybe it was running faster. You had the possibility to store your items in the station and the rattling was very soft (just on the outer seats in the back) . I hope I won't change my mind next year when I visit the park again to ride Zadra!

Also, the kebab they sell is superb and BIG! Best kebab ever. You have to eat it if you go there.

I agree with the theming and the quantity over quality thing, they seriously need to get rid of those useless kiddie coasters and start to put less rides but with a better quality. Let's see what's next...
Coaster Counter : 168

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CatraBiNAS » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:17 am

robbalvey wrote:
wojok040 wrote:Yes the building is oversized but still operation are quite fast.

When there is noone in the line they are waiting for few more guests like any other park.

In fact I have not seen anyone including other RC bloggers/influences (call it how you want) complaining about operations in Energylandia that much. It simply does not look like you have wrote. It's weird noone else have experienced no-moving lines for all day long. I'd say you are exaggerating.

I am not going to tolerate someone telling me I am "lying" simply for reporting my experience at a park. Banned from our page. Take your stupid drama and agenda someplace else. It is not welcome here.
What is that? Can't people have different opinions than yours?

You weren't invited to the opening ceremony right?

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A6003 através do Tapatalk

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:46 am

^I think you completely missed the point. He wouldn't have been banned for having a different experience than Robb and posting his different thoughts, it's painfully obvious that the banning point was stating only one experience (his) is true.

I've never understood why so many of these get aimed at Robb/Elissa when they say they didn't have a good time somewhere or even just 'This was ok but not mind-blowing.' on a website that has Review in the title. I remember years ago Robb saying something about 'Baron was good but Lost Gravity was the surprise hit' of a previous Europe tour and people lost their minds. Now I see lots of good things about Efteling over their previous visit and Symbolica doing dark rides better than some of the biggest parks out there (Universal?) by using actual animatronics and there's not a word from those same groups.

It blows my mind even more when in the last few weeks I've seen TR's from other TPR members or twitter posts echoing Robb's experience and nothing has been said calling them out as also 'exaggerating.'
Last edited by Garet on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 am.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 am

^Yes! Thank you!

^^I don't even know what this means? Perhaps a language issue?

Wojok told Robb his opinion and statement of facts about what we experienced at the park was wrong. Robb told Wojok to take his crap elsewhere.

This was not just a "Robb Alvey" issue. We had a group of 24 people at the park with us, and even the people who enjoyed the park/rides more than we did still agreed that there were a LOT of issues. In fact, the group (without the three Alvey's voting) voted to leave the park EARLIER than planned! I don't think we even mentioned that in the last however many pages of random crap! So it wasn't an issue that it was too crowded or anything like that, it was just a frustrating park.

I don't know what you mean about opening ceremony? Are you talking about Zadra? Do you think we would have flown back to Poland a month after not loving the park just for a new RMC? Look, RMC's are great and everything but they are pretty similar (think back to 90's B&M's) and I don't need to run out of my way to hit up a new one as soon as it opens.

We have good friends that went to Energylandia months ago and had almost none of our same issues. That's great! Good for them! I think it's important to report on ALL trips to the park so you know to expect an average of probably somewhere in between a great visit and our visit.

People are allowed to have opinions, that includes Robb and others...but you all have to respect each other's opinions!
Last edited by SharkTums on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 am.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Perilous Chris » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:20 am

Robb and Elissa have significantly more travel experience than I do, but having been to most of the parks in the U.S., and a good portion of Europe, I will not recommend a park if I have a poor experience. That does not mean I will not consider re-visiting over time, but I'll give an honest opinion.

I've been absolutely blown away by some of the European Parks (i.e. Europa and Phantasialand). However, last year I visited England, and had a very unpleasant day at Thorpe Park. I know many people love it, but my experience was highly frustrating.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:03 am

larrygator wrote:The shooting dark ride has no ride ops. People were confused about boarding the cars and just standing there on the platform waiting for direction.

On the positive side, food service was very fast.

Oh, gawd, that stupid dark ride. I had one foot in the car and another on the "platform" (well, concrete slab) when the damn thing dispatched. Then we rolled around inside a warehouse full of static sets and statues, with some fog, lighting, and sound effects--and guns that may or may not have worked.

We did hit that restaurant at the right time, and lunch was pretty good.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:17 am

Yeah, in all the discussions about crappy kiddie coasters and shoddy theming, it really shouldn't get lost as to just how awful that dark ride was. It wasn't just bad, it was world-class bad. Stacy and I kept trying to load in, and then the car would randomly move up a bit. We'd back up, walk over to it, try to get in again, and it would move forward again. I thought I was going to get get run over and lose a foot.

And then you've got Bazyliszek over at Legendia, which is the complete opposite experience in every possible way.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:12 pm

The Great Zo wrote:It wasn't just bad, it was world-class bad.

I like it, I may change it to "World Class Awful" when I write my Photo TR.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!