Gold Coast Theme Parks - Australia

DW, WWW, WBMW, WnW, SW
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Gold Coast Theme Parks - Australia

Postby Downunder196 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Most of you would have heard about one of Australia's main theme parks, Dreamworld. Recently quiet a bit of work has gone on including ride rehabs, new food outlets and a new thrill ride. Below is a collection of photos I took on my last visit on Friday the 19th.

We begin at Ocean Parade, which has received some much needed love.

The whole area really does feel like a totally different park.

The park's Intamin Gyro Swing, The Claw, got a repaint...

and it looks great!

Some of the ride's theming.

Some cute little bollard poles have also been added in.

Fitting the ocean theme.

Recently the park's 'Vekoma Waikiki Wave Super Flip' received some much needed care which extended its life by some 10 years!

The new viewing area allows guests to get really close to the ride.

For a 20 year old ride it looks amazing!

They even brought the water back so riders can get soaked during the ride.

The main reason for the visit, Dreamworld's brand new ride Tailspin!

It's a Gerstlauer Sky Fly which has been well themed to fit the area.

The theming looks great.

The local radio station was out for the day.

Being a pass holder event, the line never got longer than 25 minutes.

Really enjoyable ride.

It opened to the public yesterday (20th September).

That's all for now, I'll post some more pictures later on from some other things going on around the park. Tell me what you guys think, if you like this sort of thing I can post more updates from around the park.
Last edited by Downunder196 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:38 pm.
Follow my photography
Facebook
Flickr

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Dreamworld, Australia

Postby ratdogg68 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Great Photos, Thanks for sharing, can't wait for more.
Let the Riding begin

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby inlina » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks for the update. Perhaps TPR could have an official Dreamworld/White Water World thread.

Having been to DW twice in the last 4 years (about a 2.5 year gap b/w visits) I noticed it seemed to deteriorate a little so some freshening up is good. I was dissapointed that Wipeout didn't have water in the pool on either visit so it is good to see it back. It was a little rougher to ride on the second trip too...have they actually done some mechanical work?

Tailspin looks cool. Is it in the Ocean Parade area? Did it replace something? I was wondered what the actual operation was and found a video. I love a ride that allows for some user input...I miss the original Breakdance that used to travel various shows. Anywho, a video I found of the ride...

Buzzsaw was down for scheduled maintenance last time we were there so I still haven't ridden that but we did get to ride Pandamonium which was a pretty fun flat ride. I think we rode TOT 4 or 5 times on the last trip too.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Downunder196 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:55 pm

inlina wrote:Thanks for the update. Perhaps TPR could have an official Dreamworld/White Water World thread.

Having been to DW twice in the last 4 years (about a 2.5 year gap b/w visits) I noticed it seemed to deteriorate a little so some freshening up is good. I was dissapointed that Wipeout didn't have water in the pool on either visit so it is good to see it back. It was a little rougher to ride on the second trip too...have they actually done some mechanical work?

Tailspin looks cool. Is it in the Ocean Parade area? Did it replace something? I was wondered what the actual operation was and found a video.

The park did start to deteriorate and especially Ocean Parade. As you can sort of see in the pictures the whole area has been fixed up with new garden beds, repainted paths, repainted rides, Wipeout and Tailspin. Wipeout's makeover was literally that, the ride was completely dismantled and fixed up. Now it runs a different cycle which is equally as fun even though it is a bit shorter. I think they have done a really fantastic job with it.

Tailspin is in Ocean Parade near Wipeout and Shockwave. It has replaced Reef Diver, the park's old Enterprise. I'm not sure if many people here have ridden a Sky Fly before but once you get the hang of spinning the planes the ride is insane. But it is easier said than done. I found a video of another Sky Fly where someone got a plane spinning pretty well so you can see what I mean...

Follow my photography
Facebook
Flickr

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:08 am

Thanks for the photos! I visited in 2009 and had a blast on 2 different dead-days. None of their coasters were amazing, but the flat ride collection is superb. Love the Claw.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby EastCoastKid » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:28 am

Awesome photos! Seeing this is especially exciting for me because I'm studying abroad on the Gold Coast QLD AUS next fall and I will definitely be making stops at Dreamworld, Movie World, & SeaWorld.

Looks great!
What is this donkey business?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 am

That's pretty cool that they picked up a Sky Fly and an Air Race in consecutive years
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:01 am

I would go to the park just for the flat rides! Their flat ride collection is so great! Congrats to Gerstlauer for selling another Sky Fly :br

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:06 am

I'm not really into flats. In fact, I usually only bother with the drop towers and frisbee wheels. However, this looks like a fun one I'd like to try.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Great photos...thanks for sharing!

I would definitely like to experience a ride like Tailspin - it looks like a ton of fun!

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!