Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

P. 42: Park reopening after Corona Virus Closure!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Re: Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:32 pm

mark549 wrote:I suspect the decision to reopen will be reversed. Lots of pressure not to cancel the Olympics.

Spain kept open lots of big events over the past month and now they are in really bad shape.

S. Korea seems to have handled this better than Japan. They've done as much testing as any country and may have a grip on the grippe.

And of course much of East Asia has had mask wearing in public as part of the culture for along time.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/amusement-parks-to-resume-some-operations-in-virus-hit-japan

https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan-testing-for-coronavirus-at-fraction-of-capacity
"don't test, don't tell"

I think they are opening stuff back up in order to prove it’s safe for the olympics to proceed

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:40 am

If Tokyo does go ahead with the Olympics, I hope spectators are native only and some type of rigorous testing for athletes before they even enter the Olympic village. Seems like a tough feat
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:13 pm

I thought I read that there was an IOC meeting today to try and figure out what to do about the Olympics. Even if Japan is doing great, I don't see how they could bring in people from countries around the world by July. I feel SOOOO bad for Japan as I know how important this was both financially and spiritually for them.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Garet » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:51 pm

^ The meeting was about setting a deadline for a decision on the Olympics. They've given 4 weeks.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:32 am

Rumblings Olympics will be pushed to 2021, seems the best case scenario. Just doesnt make sense to have them this year.
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby thepoint4life23 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:32 am

A big thing was people have been on lock down and can not train. They want everyone to have the best chance to compete. So the parks may stay opens, since this is more about the athletes and other places still on Lock down then it is of Japan itself
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5749463e4331775e371e68621c381f92.jpg[/img][/url]

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!