Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:09 pm

Hakugai was great, as was Arashi, and loved Freefall.

the new shooting dark ride they got was fantastic too (well worth the 500 yen upcharge). . "Farm De Bang Bang!"
basically Toy Story Mania themed to a barnyard jamboree - the "guns" are giant carrots!

the star of the place is Hakugai tho.. the coaster is stunningly awesome.

(if I had to pick a negative about the coaster line up? Ultra Twister was pretty rough, 1 and done for me, and I used to love that ride at Astroworld).
Attachments
IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_1028.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG

Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:49 am

Nagashima will be closed until at least March 13th: https://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/yuami/info/492912023712.html

The notice leads to the bathing page but the Spaland calendar also reflects it's across the whole park: https://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/spaland/fee/index.html

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:08 am

Nagashima has extended their closure until March 19: https://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/resort/info/2019-ncov.html

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:22 pm

Nagashima has reopened! Yay! This is good news and gives those of us in other countries hope that there is a light at the end of the closure tunnel.

https://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/resort/info/2019-ncov.html
40139b5047074e0ca0ff68b563820a73.jpg
40139b5047074e0ca0ff68b563820a73.jpg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 3255 times

There are of course some special restrictions and procedures in place but it's a step in the right direction.

We will open some outdoor attractions, restaurants and shops
(Please understand and cooperate with temperature measurement at entrance, suspension of indoor attractions, prevention of various infections )
-------------------------------------------------- -----------
* In order to strengthen measures against infectious diseases, we will measure your body temperature (measurement temperature) at the time of entry, and we will refuse entry to those who have a fever of 37.5 degrees or more and those who are not feeling well.

◎ [Cancelled] Spring Break Event 3 / 20-5 / 10 " Body's Mystery Great Adventure " (3/12 added)
> ※ (postponed) The holding time has been changed and it will be held from April 25 to May 10.

◎ 【Cancelled】 Daydream Festival Japan (added)
* For details, please check the official announcement on the organizer's website and other websites . https://daydreamfestival.jp/

-------------------------------------------------- -----------
We will continue the following measures.

◎ Indoor attraction facilities closed
・ Haunted House, Ranch de Bang Bang, Fishing Spirits, etc. Click here for details >>
We apologize to the customers who have been looking forward to it, but we would appreciate your understanding for infectious disease control.

◎ Events canceled ・ Character contact greeting etc.

◎ Awareness-raising activities such as measures against infectious diseases and cough etiquette In order to prevent infectious diseases, each visitor should cooperate thoroughly with hygiene measures such as cough etiquette and hand washing .

◎ Staff's hygiene management, infection prevention measures and health management In addition to daily cleaning for the purpose of hygiene management, staff cleans and disinfects with alcohol and antibacterial detergents in a timely and appropriate manner. We also carry out infection prevention measures and health management. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

* We will continue to review and update the content in light of the situation. Please check the website before visiting. We appreciate your understanding.
Last edited by SharkTums on Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:24 pm.

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:24 pm

^ So for some Americans, this is going to become another "invasion of privacy" crap, I hope not?

I think it's a fine idea, and have gone through the airport "tube" thing. No big deal. But for others.... <sighs>

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Good to see Japan coming out of this, and after only 2 months. Gives us some hope. Glad to see they're still taking hygiene and safety seriously too. A+!

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:01 pm

I suspect the decision to reopen will be reversed. Lots of pressure not to cancel the Olympics.

Spain kept open lots of big events over the past month and now they are in really bad shape.

S. Korea seems to have handled this better than Japan. They've done as much testing as any country and may have a grip on the grippe.

And of course much of East Asia has had mask wearing in public as part of the culture for along time.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/amusement-parks-to-resume-some-operations-in-virus-hit-japan

https://japantoday.com/category/national/japan-testing-for-coronavirus-at-fraction-of-capacity
"don't test, don't tell"

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:56 am

It's good to see Japanese parks opening again, but I wonder if this does not give a false sense of security. On the one hand Japan and its society have the characteristics to deal with the virus efficiently, but on the other hand, the Japanese government has been accused of barely testing people and in a certain way downplaying the situation around the virus to show that the country is doing fine and that the Olympics do not need to be cancelled. I agree with the user above me, it would not surprise me if the decision will be reversed at some point. I hope that I am wrong though, and that Japan really has the virus under control already.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:14 am

I mean Korea was at one point the second most infected country after China, and the biggest parks here never closed. And the numbers spiked and went down without the parks ever closing.

I worry we may have a second outbreak since we've been hitting double digits and the curve is down, but that's because people have become too relaxed and have been complacent, crowding the cafes and restaurants, and I see less and less people without masks outside compared to 3 weeks ago. I think the danger here will be that if it outbreaks in the parks, not them being open themselves. Which by the looks of all those rules and restrictions Japan have, unlike Korea they are well aware things are better but not out of the woods.

Our cinemas have just started cutting off every other row, and the numbers entered triple digits again so I'm hoping people will take more precautions again. It will be over-confidence and people being careless that the threat is gone that will cause parks to be closed again.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:06 pm

^ How cool to hear your cinemas doing that, seating wise. Hope it works out. Too bad
main theatre productions (U.S./Canada included) and movie complexes
can't figure out similar configurations, in their respective theatres.

And then there's the sizes of casts, onstage....

But the less sized groups of people, the better for now, I agree.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS