Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

P. 39: REAL POV of Hakugei
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Damn that’s some of the coolest drone footage I’ve ever seen! The ride looks incredible—seems to haul all the way to the end!
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:51 am

It takes a lot of skill to pilot a drone the way it's shown at the end of that video. Pretty freaking great.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:58 am

I hate trying to judge a coaster by a video but I love the way this thing looks. Seems like it has a really good mix of the quick transitions and funky inversion that are staples on most RMC's, but also some more elongated straight runs than some of the rides they've produced in the past. I bet that straight drop into the double up is amazing.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:06 am

This is now my pick for the best looking RMC aesthetically. My November trip can't come soon enough!

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:23 pm

That video reminds me of the fly cam on No limits but without clipping the supports.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby Dombot » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 am

Oh my Jeebus, this looks fantastic. As if I didn't want to go to Japan enough. :lol:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:59 am

Great layout, I really like it, and considering the opinions I've heard on White Cyclone were near universally crap, RMC has done it again!
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:08 pm

Yay, some NICE footage of this coaster! It looks fantastic. Definitely one of the best, if not the best-looking (aesthetically) RMC in my opinion. I love the blue and white. I also like the sequence of elements and think everything flows very well.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 31 / Total: 191
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:50 pm

The ride looks incredible and that is some awesome footage! I really dig the white wood and blue rails as well. In fact if Twisted Colossus at Magic Mountain didn't have the 2 color track tone (which I actually like a lot) it would probably be as good looking as this. But I get MM's reason for the two colors.

I only wish the ride had more than 1 big drop. It has the initial one, then every drop from that point forward is just kind of double down bunny hops and inversions dispersed in the straight sections until the brake run. Something just feels lacking.

Someone also commented that it hauls until the end, and I sorta disagree. It kinda looks to lose momentum after the bunny hop at 1:10, then it kinda meanders the rest of the course. And again, I feel like this is because of the momentum lost with all the smaller drops, instead of having bigger drops that would sustain the trains speed.

But compared to what this ride was before the face-lift, bar none it gives you an indication why these RMC I-Beam Topper tracks have become incredibly popular, giving new life to a coaster which 10-15 years ago would have just been torn down.
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:33 pm

Wowza, this coaster is GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see some reviews come in. Regardless, this seems like exactly the kind of coaster Nagashima Spa Land needed. Hoping to get there one day to ride this, Steel Dragon, and ULTRA TWISTER!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!