Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

P. 39: REAL POV of Hakugei
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Nagashima Spa Land Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:19 pm

jlp94 wrote:^^^^^^ My apologies... I understand the difference, just a little bit of satire.

Right, I get it. What I'm saying is that it would have been funny if both rides had either been announced or started construction at the same time, but that wasn't the case at all. Nagashima Spaland announced the closing of White Cyclone on October 8th, 2017, almost a year before West Coast Racers was even announced. So of course this ride would be opening before Magic Mountain's. Why would anyone have thought otherwise?

Perhaps maybe you should leave the comedy to the professionals... :lol: :p
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:24 pm.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:31 am

Now if RMC Gwazi finishes and starts testing before West Coast Racers, that would be hilarious :lmao:

Aside from that, so glad to see it testing! I really need to make it to Japan eventually
Coaster Count: 108
Check out my latest project: Six Flags Cypress Adventures
A lost park is about to be reborn... Announcement in May (PM me for a teaser)

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:32 am

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:Now if RMC Gwazi finishes and starts testing before West Coast Racers, that would be hilarious :lmao:

Yes, THAT would be funny! :lmao: :lol:

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:11 pm

Those ships really are freaking massive, and here's an image I found from CoasterGallery.com that puts them into perspective.

http://www.coastergallery.com/japan/Pirate1.jpg

Note the "little ship" off to the right. Not sure if they still have that but that's about the size of a conventional swinging ship you'd find at your home park.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Projektion » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:32 am

Coasters: 90
Favorite Steel: Taron
Favorite Wood: Balder

My Youtube channel, where I make all sorts of NL2 creations

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Projektion wrote:

Two things:

1. That looks pretty kick-ass to me, and that footage is TERRIBLE, so WTF were people complaining about???

2. Why is it that we can NEVER get good "first run" testing footage of a coaster? It's always some horrible super dark partially obstructed shaky cam blurry crappy footage like as though they are flashing back to 1999's Blair Witch Project. Clearly this person was waiting for it to test so they could post it.... why couldn't they have at least done a "good job" getting footage??? I mean, pretty much any 12 year old I know with a phone knows how to take decent video these days... /end rant.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:31 pm.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:19 pm

The footage sucks but the ride sure looks like it doesn't! That first drop tho!

Does Spaland typically post POVs of their rides? Like, we already have a full POV for Copperhead Strike, so I am just wondering if we can expect the same with this thing or if we'll have to wait until opening.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:58 pm

pǝʇɹǝʌuı wrote:Does Spaland typically post POVs of their rides? Like, we already have a full POV for Copperhead Strike, so I am just wondering if we can expect the same with this thing or if we'll have to wait until opening.

I've already asked them and they said it may be a little while. We're actually going to be in Japan when this ride opens in a few weeks, but for an actual "vacation" not a coaster trip. We won't make it out to Nagashima Spaland until our 2nd Japan trip this year in October. So we'll most certainly get a POV then! I know some people "cannot wait" but please only post a POV here if it is an official park POV on the official park or news channel, otherwise you'll just have to wait for TPR's POV in October! :lol:
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:00 pm.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:50 pm

A.J. wrote:They also have a gigantic swinging ship that might...be the world's largest?

I think Everland has the same giant double ship model, they only run one ship these days but the number of people one ship can fit is huge.
P1160965.jpg
P1160968.jpg

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm

^ And by the time they emptied it out, filled it back up, and then started running it.....one swing was enough for me, and it was so meh high in the high swings. And I remember it was only about 4 swings and it was done. I rode Spaland's in 2007. And yes, even back then, they only ran one of them, even with big queues filled up.

The regular sized ones do sooo much better in their swinging. ;) Of course, we went before or after the summer months, so maybe then they run both of them, then. But not all year it appears.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!