Photo TR CAROWINDS!

CAROWINDS Pt. 1 UPDATE!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Photo TR: Nick&Alisha's Summer 2014

Postby moneygrabber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Love these! I remember Skyrush being extremely intense for me last summer. It was fantastic in the back, but I thought the restraints weren't very comfortable and it felt like I got folded in half on the first drop.
1. El Toro 2. Maverick 3. Intimidator 305 4. Banshee 5. Coney Island Cyclone 6. Millenium Force 7. Phantom's Revenge 8. The Legend 9. Tennessee Tornado 10. Bizarro (Six Flags Great Adventure)

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Nickstroberg » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:33 pm

They replaced the foam, so its a little softer on your legs, still hurts though a little. When you get on the final hold break before the station, they pop up like an inch, to get rid of the "stapling" haha. The first drop in the very back row though.... OH MY GOD!

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:23 am

^I can understand how nervous you were about the possibility of not riding skyrush. When we got there last summer I was just praying for it to be open, the weather was nice, but with intamins you never know ;) . It was the coasters I wanted to ride the most on that trip and while I ended up enjoying storm runner a bit more (thanks to skyrush's restraints) it was still a brutal experience, more intense than I imagined and went to my top three.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 am

Great reports! I'm looking forward to your next update.

Postby Nickstroberg » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

Yeah I think it became my number one because I WASNT expecting it to be as good as it was, so I was blown away. I305 I was expecting more, and it MET my expectations, so I didn't get that "mind blown" feeling..

But anyways, thank you guys for reading, and THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY COMMENTING!! Means a lot :)

Postby Nickstroberg » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Found a few more photos from KD and one more from Hershey! phone photos.. but photos none the less!

IMG_3676.jpg
My #3

IMG_3677.jpg
Cool ride, but less than I hoped for

IMG_3678.jpg
My old friend from Geauga Lake

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg
dweebin' out

IMG_3747.jpg
Finding shelter from the rain/admiring SR's fresh paint

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: Nick&Alisha's Summer 2014 (King's D, Hershey)

Postby bert425 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:44 pm

really good report.

I'm enjoying reading about Hershey, since we were just there too :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Re: Photo TR: Nick&Alisha's Summer 2014 (King's D, Hershey)

Postby Nickstroberg » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:34 pm

So as promised, I'm back to do a Photo TR of CAROWINDS!

(If you don't like to read my little stories, scroll down NOW!)

Pt. 1

So, a little backstory, to explain why I would drive 9 hours to visit Carowinds. I mean I LOVE Afterburn, but the only major attraction they've added since my last visit was Intimidator. Being that I'm an Intamin fanboi, AND I'd ridden Intimidator305 4 weeks prior, Intimidator232 really wasn't high up on my list... BUT destiny/fate/chance/whatever had other ideas.

My girlfriend and I have been restoring our bedroom, in a classic victorian house built in 1902. Trying to get period-correct furnishings, we bought a hand-carved mahogany head/foot board for our bed. The problem is that the head/foot boards were for a bed size that doesn't exist anymore. From what the man at the local antique store told me, there used to be a common bed size that people now call 3/4 size, he says this is because its 3/4 the size of a modern day queen bed. So anyways... WE NEED TO FIND A 3/4 BED!

So by CHANCE, her grandmother (filthy stinkin rich home designer) HAS a 3/4 bed i storage in her basement! Only problem, she lives 9 hours away in North Carolina. So we get ready, borrow her other grandmother's SUV, hookup her dad's BUSTED ASS trailer, and set out! To make the trip worthwhile, ALISHA suggests we go to Carowinds! She's definitely my hot coaster mama now! :)

ON TO THE Photo TR!

I had been to Carowinds once before, back when I was young, and my family vacations revolved around amusement parks I had picked out, LOVE MY PARENTS! =) Although Afterburn kicks major ass, nothing else at the park really stuck in my memory from my youth. However, we had a lot of fun this visit.

The park seemed really well taken care of. The coasters all seemed to have a fresh-coat of paint, the buildings did too. There were also plenty of flowers/topiaries around the park, adding to the pleasant aesthetics. But the BEST looking part of the park... was that it was EMPTY! All summer long, Alisha and I have been getting soooo lucky, every park we've been to have been ghost towns, which I really dig. But there was ONE major downside, the heat. I forget what the exact temperature was, but it was humid as F*** and it felt like we were on the SURFACE OF THE SUN!! Absolutely dreadful, this was seriously the ONLY time in my entire life that I have debated leaving an amusement park within an hour of arriving. It was a miserable time, until about 4 o'clock; a thunderstorm rolled in, and after passing in 45 minutes, the temperature was PERFECT. So the day ended on a strong note, aka night time Afterburn MARATHON! Anyways, heres comes the pics!

DSC_0020.JPG
Cruisin up to the park!

DSC_0026.JPG
Obligatory park signage photo pt. 1

DSC_0027.JPG
Obligatory park signage photo pt. 2

DSC_0031.JPG
Love the little things like this :)

DSC_0032.jpg
Looks prettier than it rides :vekoma:

DSC_0033.JPG
about to have headaches

DSC_0051.JPG
standups=sit out.

DSC_0054.JPG
Ricochet, or wild mouse? whatever they call it here

DSC_0059.JPG
Good fun for a family

DSC_0061.JPG
Nice coaster/foliage interaction

DSC_0077.JPG
LOVE corkscrews, HATE the wonky entries.

DSC_0090.jpg
FORCEFUL loop

DSC_0099.JPG
diggin' it

DSC_0067.JPG
HURLER

DSC_0073.jpg
baby drop zone/tower

DSC_0106.JPG
Another reunion with a Geauga Lake friend =)

DSC_0108.JPG
Carolina Cobra cobra-rollin'!

DSC_0110.JPG
Nice forceful loop

DSC_0153.JPG
Obligatory signage photo pt. 3!

DSC_0154.JPG
Full body photography

DSC_0113.JPG
LOVE these! wish there were more around :(

DSC_0149.JPG
combo move!

DSC_0134.jpg
Obligatory signage photo pt. 4!

DSC_0135.jpg
Obligatory signage photo pt. 5!

Well my computer is having difficulty continuing right now, so I'll post the rest, and do a review tomorrow! Hope you guys enjoyed part 1 of my Carowinds Photo TR!!! Thanks for reading! =)

Re: Photo TR CAROWINDS!

Postby Nickstroberg » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:28 pm

*deleted for cry baby behavior*
Last edited by Nickstroberg on Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Re: Photo TR CAROWINDS!

Postby WFChris » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:11 pm

^You can't really expect a ton of feedback, especially from parks that a ton of members have been to and have been posted from here on TPR. I posted a very long P:TR in Mexico and got way more views than comments and those parks are rare for this site! I actually use my P:TR's as a resource to show my friends and family my trips all in one place, and uploading to TPR makes it very easy to do that.

But anyway, I for one have been enjoying your reports, but if you're expecting a cookie for posting them, perhaps your intents are a little off base =) :lmao:

Also, comments on P:TR's tend to thin out a bit during the "on-season." You will find that members have much more to talk about in the wintertime when they can't ride anything.
My MEXICO adventures with TPR and MORE!!!!
TOUCH ME to read along

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!