TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Bucket list

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I probably won't leave the US for another ten years I'll just stick to my bucket list parks in the US.

The top 5

SFMM- I really enjoyed Great Adventure and this park seems to be on the same level.

Carowinds- I'll admit it...Fury is like 70% of the reason I want to go here.

Dollywood-Looks like a fantastic park with a solid coaster lineup. LR looks really cool. I plan on going in 2017!

Hersheypark- Some cool Intamins, a unique B&M invert, and a dueling GCI put this park on the list.

Silver Dollar City- A unique lineup + a great atmosphere makes this a must visit. I plan on going in 2017!

Others

SFGAm

Orlando Parks

WoF

Dorney

Lagoon

Since I probably won't leave the US for another ten years I'll just stick to my bucket list parks in the US.

The top 5

SFMM- I really enjoyed Great Adventure and this park seems to be on the same level.

Carowinds- I'll admit it...Fury is like 70% of the reason I want to go here.

Dollywood-Looks like a fantastic park with a solid coaster lineup. LR looks really cool. I plan on going in 2017!

Hersheypark- Some cool Intamins, a unique B&M invert, and a dueling GCI put this park on the list.

Silver Dollar City- A unique lineup + a great atmosphere makes this a must visit. I plan on going in 2017!

Others

SFGAm

Orlando Parks

WoF

Dorney

Lagoon

I'm surprised to see Dorney on your list. It's a very nice park, but the lineup really does leave something to be desired. (for me anyway)

As for my list, it's a short one.

Cedar Point

Six Flags Great America (probably heading out that way in 2017)

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Any park in Europe (more specifically, Alton Towers looks fantastic)

1. Sweden/Germany trip:

Kolmarden

Liseberg

Heide Park

Oktoberfest

Europa Park

Phantasialand

2. Mediterranean trip:

Portaventura

(this trip would not have a theme-park focus)

3. Japan/South Korea trip:

Fuji-Q Highland

TDL / Tokyo DisneySea

USJ

Everland

Lotte World

1. Knott's Scary Farm

2. Hollywood Horror Nights USO

3. Disneyland USA

4. Carowinds

5. Holiday World

6. Kentucky Kingdom

7. Six Flags New England

I don't want anything to do with Dorney, but Demon Drop is high on my re-ride bucket list. I rode it at Cedar Point.

Return to SDC and Dollywood, as I visited both before each received an RMC.

I would like to go back to just Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, because I love the sh*t out of ToT and the new three new lands total across the parks would justify it. I could even use it as an excuse to finally go to Fun Spot Orlando.

Return to SFGADv to ride El Toro again. I really need rip-my-face-off airtime. I've been spoiled by El Toro and other coasters no long can provide for my airtime fix.

Edited by RollerManic

I was very fortunate this past summer to ride lots of rides from parks that were previously on my theme park bucket list.

SFGAdv (El Toro, Kingda Ka, Nitro)

Hersheypark (Storm Runner, Skyrush)

SFNE (Wicked Cyclone, Bizarro/Superman)

Now with those out of the way (and all awesome parks!), I really need to make it out to Kings Dominion and Carowinds and finally experience I305 and Fury 325.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new trio of parks I would really like to visit:

Holiday World

Dollywood

Silver Dollar City

If I could figure out a (reasonably priced) driving tour, I would be happy.

But...

Post by Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Just figured out, that for my 700th coaster coming up in a couple of years or so,

on my "Theme Park Bucket List" I want to hit that number in one (any one)

of the parks in the USA, I have not been to, or not been to in some time.

My other coaster count moments have all been in different countries other than the

U.S. (Wales, China, Mexico to name a few) so I think it appropriate that this take place

in The Land of Many Many Coasters, lol!

And I did it! At Knott's on Ghostrider, Sept.11,2016! EeeeeeeHAH!

IMG_1983.JPG.b7ee36c1cc0873f67a3d5562cb2f6d65.JPG

I have a new trio of parks I would really like to visit:

Holiday World

Dollywood

Silver Dollar City

If I could figure out a (reasonably priced) driving tour, I would be happy.

But...

Post by Nrthwnd » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Just figured out, that for my 700th coaster coming up in a couple of years or so,

on my "Theme Park Bucket List" I want to hit that number in one (any one)

of the parks in the USA, I have not been to, or not been to in some time.

My other coaster count moments have all been in different countries other than the

U.S. (Wales, China, Mexico to name a few) so I think it appropriate that this take place

in The Land of Many Many Coasters, lol!

And I did it! At Knott's on Ghostrider, Sept.11,2016! EeeeeeeHAH!

A worthy coaster indeed. As for SDC, Holiday World, and Dollywood, yes, you need to get to those. The drive is pretty easy. I-44 between Springfield and St. Louis, then I-64 from St. Louis to Santa Claus. It's around 5-6 hours, and there's not much but farmland in between, but that's the Midwest!

Dollywood's a little farther out, but you'll go right past Kentucky Kingdom on the way there, so you'll want to stop. I-64 to Lexington, then I-75 to Knoxville is the way to go.

Depends on how much you want you do. You seem to take things slower than I do, so maybe make that a trip over a couple of weeks. It's a lot like the trip I'm planning for next summer:

Start in Springfield, Mo.

Memphis, Tenn.

Birmingham, Ala.

Chattanooga, Tenn.

Pigeon Forge, Tenn.

Nashville, Tenn.

Bowling Green, Ky.

Louisville, Ky.

Santa Claus, In.

Back to Springfield, Mo.

Hope that helps for route planning.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

^ Yikes that's a lot!

Honestly, it's not really being slower of me, but just focusing on fewer parks in one trip.

Remember, I have already done a few parks around the USA, including Kings Island,

Worlds of Fun, Valleyfair (the year it opened ha!) etc....and Astroworld too, in 1992!

But, I just missed these ones, and a few others I'm still interested in getting to visit.

On the other hand, THANKS for all the Touring Info!

I must remind myself to "bookmark" this page...because...later on.

• 7 months later...

I thought it would be nice to also (eventually) get to all of those parks in the Morey's Piers' Collection.

Known about these for years and years. Of course, then it would be a massive trip all over the NE, etc.

Also neat to note, that most of my Bucket List Parks are pretty much all in the USA! A bit easier on the flight

wallet, heh. I hope, future wise.

MoreysPiers01.jpg.7d11ae45bea19657d307f59e57f31d9c.jpg

Thank You for the Awesome Pic, Canobie Coaster!

Edited by Nrthwnd

Cedar Point for sure, as well as either of the Busch Gardens and Six Flags Great Adventure. As I live in the western US, I haven't been to many parks on the East Coast.

And when (if?) it opens, Skyplex in Orlando. I'd also love to revisit Disney World. And while I'm at it, since I've never been to any of the Orlando parks other than Disney World, I'd also love to visit those.