Travel Channel's Best Theme Parks & Water Parks 2014

Robb helps picks the best in the world!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 04, 2014 9:29 pm

Hey everyone!

As many of you probably know I do a lot of shows and articles for the Travel Channel and recently they have assembled a list of advisors and together we contributed our favorite theme parks and water parks in 2014.

Below is the article. I'm sure you can probably guess what got my favorite theme park in the world! =)
travels-best-amusement-water-parks.jpg
Click: http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/travels-best/photos/travels-best-amusement-parks-and-water-parks-2014

VERY IMPORTANT! They will choose one more "fan favorite" as their best theme park or water park! You can write in your suggestion here:
http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/travels-best/articles/best-amusement-parks-and-water-parks-fan-favorite

I recommend tweeting to your favorite parks and letting them know to post the link so others can vote as well!

Please LIKE the article and share it with your friends! Thank you!

--Robb

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Travel Channel's Best Theme Parks & Water Parks 2014

Postby rosscoe » Mon May 05, 2014 3:19 am

Robb, I liked the way your where the only one who picked a non US park, and yes it one of the best parks in the world!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon May 05, 2014 4:55 am

Nothing tops DisneySea.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon May 05, 2014 10:44 am

I wonder how many times SFMM, CP, Schlitterbah, Orlando Parks, and Knoebel's will be in the show?*

I am not saying that's what Robb picked; I'm just guessing based on Travel/Discovery Channel coaster past
Proud Member of the 800th Coaster in 2019

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 05, 2014 10:49 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:I wonder how many times SFMM, CP, Schlitterbah, Orlando Parks, and Knoebel's will be in the show?*

I am not saying that's what Robb picked; I'm just guessing based on Travel/Discovery Channel coaster past

What? This isn't a show. This is something on their website. Did you click the link and READ it at all??? Also, Travel and Discovery are not connected. They are owned by different companies.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon May 05, 2014 10:52 am.

Postby jynx242 » Mon May 05, 2014 10:59 am

Love it Robb, and glad to see someone I actually know and trust on these types of things :) !

Question - do you know any of the other people who took part in this article? I'd be interested to hear your opinion on their opinions ;) .

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Mon May 05, 2014 12:23 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:I wonder how many times SFMM, CP, Schlitterbah, Orlando Parks, and Knoebel's will be in the show?*

What? This isn't a show. This is something on their website. Did you click the link and READ it at all??? Also, Travel and Discovery are not connected. They are owned by different companies.

Sorry, I clicked the 2nd link. I thought they were owned by the same Co. Sorry.
Proud Member of the 800th Coaster in 2019

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jalek » Mon May 05, 2014 4:22 pm

ROBB ALVEY -- "Travel and Discovery are not connected. They are owned by different companies."

It's easy to think the two are connected since Discovery Communications owned Travel Channel for a decade from 1997 until 2007, when they sold the channel and some other assets to Cox Enterprises.

-- Joe

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby willthethrill » Mon May 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Doesn't matter; he was wrong and deserved to be chastised for it. He should be so sorry for such a frivolous transgression. I should hope I don't bear witness to such blatant disregard for proper link-clicking etiquette ever again.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Mon May 05, 2014 6:47 pm

Now that we've seen the best overall in the world, I think it would've been interesting to see the list you would make of the best in just the US, or the best parks outside the US. Or just theme/amusement parks or just water parks. But its interesting seeing the combined list!
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!