TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Much better than CoasterBuzz!

I just wanted to say how much I really appreciate the forums on this site.

For years I've been dealing with CoasterBuzz, the pop-ups, and the attitudes. I was really happy to get the email from Robb about the forums and I've been lurking for the past week and I finally signed up tonight after reading CoasterBuzz and having one of their pop-ups install something on my hard drive. Forget it! That was the final straw. Has anyone else had this happen to them from CoasterBuzz? I couldn't believe it!

Thanks to Robb and Elissa for having great forums without any popups or any ads of any kind!

Paul"does more lurking than posting"

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coaster who? Buzz what? Never heard of it

j/k Welcome to the boards! Grab a Donkey from the cart on the right and head up the stairs!

These boards are seriously blowing up. And thank god there's no pop ups.

Plus I can pretty much guarantee you that their will be 56% fewer flamewars about snow in WI in april and no endless debating weather Valleyfair! or WoF are better, because they both suck!

Woot!

-Tha Juuuze

Hi there!

While I appreciate the kind words, I try not to put any one site against another. I mean, it's a small community when you think about it and I try to support as many different sites as possible.

Each site seems to offer something for what their users are looking for. I mean, CB gets a LOT of users so they must be doing something right.

But, having said that...yeah, you won't find any ads or pop-ups on our site....EVER! I'm glad you appreciate that!

Welcome to the site and I hope you post more!

--Robb

I appreciate the lack of popups and ads most of all. I give the two of you a lot of credit for being what I consider the only major theme park site on the web that doesn't have any popups. I didn't mean to complain about CoasterBuzz it's just that Jeff seems to have such a holier than thou attitude and I never get that feeling from you two when reading your site. You both just seem to have a good time and not try to prove anything to the world. I was basically just saying thanks!

I'm glad to be here too! The last site I was very active on treated most of it's members like crap. If your wondering, no this site wasn't Coasterbuzz. Thanks Robb and Elissa for being such great Admins!!

^^ Yeah, we want the boards to be laid back. IMO, there was just too much "I'm right and your wrong" attitude on CB and we want to try to make sure that doens't happen, or at least not very often, here.

It's all about having a good time!

--Robb

Each site seems to offer something for what their users are looking for. I mean, CB gets a LOT of users so they must be doing something right.

--Robb

I disagree. they have alot of users because of the exposure they give off, even though I find it negative. Which is why I dont know anyone who visits there that isnt disgusted within a week at the antics.

This sites going to keep growing. I think the "Alvey" name is a bit more widely known, and for far more good than bad.

• 3 weeks later...

I too like this website better than others. I was with Coasterbuzz first but that was just a pain in the butt and then I went to Ultimate Roller Coaster but every time I would post something they would remove it for not being perfect enough. This is the perfect site for me. Thanks Admin!

^^ Well, I have to be honest, we have been guilty about deleting some posts and topics too.

Overall, though, I think it will be very rare when we do delete something. And if we do, please don't get too offended by it. We're just trying to keep the integrity of the boards up, and sometimes you do need to remove a post or a topic here and there.

Again, I don't see it being something we too often, but if we do, know that it was for a good reason.

--Robb