The Walt Disney Birthplace Preservation Project

Kickstart this project NOW!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

The Walt Disney Birthplace Preservation Project

Postby robbalvey » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:47 pm

During IAAPA I met with Brent Young, who is one of the founding partners behind this project. I cannot give you more information than what the Kickstarter page can give you, but what I will say is to please BACK THIS PROJECT!

Check it out here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1697478835/the-walt-disney-birthplace-preservation-project

"Please help us restore Walt and Roy Disney’s Birthplace home to its original state and earn it Landmark status to preserve it forever."

In a quiet residential neighborhood just outside of Chicago, IL, stands a modest family home on the corner of Tripp Avenue and Palmer Street. This house was designed and built by Flora and Elias Disney, Walt and Roy Disney's mother and father. Both Walt and Roy were born in this home and lived there until Walt was four and Roy was twelve years old.

Over the last century, the home has changed hands several times and has been added to and altered significantly. These “renovations” have almost completely covered up the authentic details of the house.

We have already lost too many buildings that were an incredibly important part of Walt Disney’s history.

And that is why we have purchased this house and will restore it to its original state, honoring and preserving the home for generations to come.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: The Walt Disney Birthplace Preservation Project

Postby RoCo » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Robb, thank you SO MUCH for supporting this project!

As the senior show writer at Super 78, I've been pretty heavily involved in getting this campaign launched and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions anyone may have. We are incredibly excited about this project and I'm stunned to see we've already raised almost $3,000 (the KS page has only been live for about an hour)!

But we've got a long way to go and we do hope that everyone at TPR will support us as well!

Thanks in advance and let's make this happen!
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:30 pm

This looks AWESOME.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:54 pm

I like this idea a lot.

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby DanM64 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Thanks for sharing this project. I think it's a great idea, and I really hope it comes to fruition!

I've seen the house before about 5 years ago, and I'd love to see this project completed.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Having been to Walt's Barn in Griffith Park and come away with far more of an amazing experience than I expected to have had, I really wish this project is fulfilled.

The story of Walt's life is an inspiration for anyone who comes in contact with it. It's fantastic that there are people out there who want to preserve where it first began. Wishing you guys all the best! If I ever make it out to Chicago someday, I'd absolutely check this place out!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:29 am

^ Exactly. And being that today is his birthday, I think today would be a great day to back this project!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:31 am

This is really cool! I love Walt's story and would make it a point to visit someday!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:46 pm

^ Back it! :)

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!