Photo TR: The Kiwis Do Texas Midwest 2013

The Intamin Cable Strikes Again - Knott’s Berry Farm, pg. 23
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Photo TR: The Kiwis Do Texas Midwest 2013

Postby Naina21 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:26 am

mattnz wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
Naina21 wrote:What? No photos of us having the time of our life drinking at Mt Olympus?

Here 'ya go! =)

Haha! Awesome! Wow, there were more of us drinking than I remember. Nothing like a little collective boozing in the Dells to forget Hades!

I didn't think there was that many drinking either. I love that our table has almost everyone with a dirty shirley in hand.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

I Love Little Amerricka

Postby mattnz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:59 am

Little Amerricka is a small park in Wisconsin geared toward children and families with an enticing four credits. When I saw the itinerary for the Texas Midwest trip the credit whore in me scanned it carefully to see if a stop here could be a possibility - so you can imagine how delighted I was when our bus pulled off the highway for a little unscheduled credit run...

But Little Amerricka is more than a credit run and much more than a small park for kids. It's a really charming place with great old school attractions, some of which we weren't able to experience as the day was getting long and we still had a long drive ahead. Train enthusiasts in particular should note the 1/3 size railroad that covers two miles of Wisconsin countryside.

The coaster line-up is particularly old school and includes a relocated 1950s junior woodie, a 1960s Allan Herschell Mad Mouse which I've always wanted to try, and a Chance Toboggan (there are almost none of these left - and that might possibly be a good thing!).

It may have helped that many of us were drunk after our day in the Dells, but I think stops like these always put TPR in a good mood, alcohol or otherwise. I for one really appreciate surprise stops on TPR trips, so thanks again to Robb and Elissa for the chance to visit Little Amerricka. I imagine many great memories are created for the young and young at heart who visit this gorgeous little park.
IMG_0001 (Copy).JPG
Our bus pulled off the the highway for a little unscheduled stop in Marshall, Wisconsin...
IMG_0002 (Copy).JPG
We were here for a quick visit to Little Amerricka, a park that has been on my radar for many, many years. YAY!
IMG_0003 (Copy).JPG
Little Amerricka is known for their old school attractions.
IMG_0004 (Copy).JPG
Ferris Wheels are known for scaring the living beejesus out of some hardened coaster enthusiasts!
IMG_0005 (Copy).JPG
I had always wanted to ride an Allan Herschell Mad Mouse.
IMG_0006 (Copy).JPG
We're not-entirely-sober but we're ready to ride!
IMG_0007 (Copy).JPG
Like all good Wild Mouse coasters, you have to squeeze your ass into the tiny little seat.
IMG_0008 (Copy).JPG
Oh God it's really happening!
IMG_0009 (Copy).JPG
I loved this ride! It wasn't comfortable in the least - very much like a trash can rolling down a hill! - but (like all good Wild Mouse coasters) it was pretty death-defying, especially the final bunny hops.
IMG_0010 (Copy).JPG
Meteor is the name of the park's relocated Philadelphia Toboggan Co. junior wooden coaster (or was it in fact completely re-built?).
IMG_0011 (Copy).JPG
Either way it ran great!
IMG_0012 (Copy).JPG
Gotta love an old school woodie.
IMG_0013 (Copy).JPG
Move over Great America, Little Amerricka got their junior woodie credit first!
IMG_0014 (Copy).JPG
Yay, the park has a Roll-o-Plane! I loved the version at Knoebel's.
IMG_0015 (Copy).JPG
Credit #3 was another quality Allan Herschell creation.
IMG_0016 (Copy).JPG
This is known as the 'coaster of death' due to the graveyard backdrop, but I totally forgot to grab a photo of the tombstones in the distance (I was drunk!).
IMG_0017 (Copy).JPG
It was a real 'back slapper' - watch those drops against the metal seats, ouch!
IMG_0018 (Copy).JPG
I love how Little Amerricka has a junior parachute ride - didn't all theme parks used to have these for adults too?
IMG_0019 (Copy).JPG
The awesomely named 'Whisky River Railway'.
IMG_0020 (Copy).JPG
May the Intamin gods have mercy on us all - it's a Chance Toboggan!
IMG_0021 (Copy).JPG
I cannot believe I got to ride one of these crazy contraptions. Andrew and I even managed to squeeze into one car.
IMG_0022 (Copy).JPG
At this point you loose every shred of virginity you ever had!
IMG_0023 (Copy).JPG
Everyone should head out to Little Amerricka to ride this thing at least once - there are so few left!
IMG_0024 (Copy).JPG
Thank you Little Amerricka for hosting TPR. I had a great time and really appreciated your awesome hospitality.
IMG_0025 (Copy).JPG
What a great ending to a great day.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:21 am

After the Dells, this was an amazing surprise for all of us! Good times! :)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:26 am

Such a great surprise that day! Am I the only one that managed to ride all the credits twice? I love the sound of the wild mouse as it sounds like Outlaw Run on a turn.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:58 am

Ah, I remember the Chance Toboggan at the Stanislaus County Fair in Turlock, California, when I was a kid. The lift hill tube reeked of cigarettes and carny sweat.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:55 am

It was such a fun surprise for us. It was a better surprise then the announcement of iPad air. :p The park was awesome to stay open and let us coaster nerds come ride.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:14 pm

I remember the mouse made a horrendous banging sound on those last couple bunny hills, and the toboggan is an unforgettable experience. That vertical lift is crazy. I'm surprised we all made it out of Wisconsin alive.

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:46 am

beatle11 wrote:I remember the mouse made a horrendous banging sound on those last couple bunny hills, and the toboggan is an unforgettable experience. That vertical lift is crazy. I'm surprised we all made it out of Wisconsin alive.

I think the reason for that noise was the fact that the supports weren't connected to the foundations. They simply stood on the ground and were lifted and banged down when a car took one of the hills.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:32 am

hyyyper wrote:
beatle11 wrote:I remember the mouse made a horrendous banging sound on those last couple bunny hills, and the toboggan is an unforgettable experience. That vertical lift is crazy. I'm surprised we all made it out of Wisconsin alive.

I think the reason for that noise was the fact that the supports weren't connected to the foundations. They simply stood on the ground and were lifted and banged down when a car took one of the hills.

Yeah, I noticed that too, the supports moove on a pretty big range and it looks pretty scary. :evil:

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby The Great Zo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:20 am

This is known as the 'coaster of death' due to the graveyard backdrop, but I totally forgot to grab a photo of the tombstones in the distance (I was drunk!).

I didn't realize it until taking a ride on the Wild Mouse. Then it hit me -- oh, this is that park with the graveyard next door! I do have one picture that has both the ride and the graveyard, but it's from sort of far away.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive