Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Robb Alvey's "World's Coolest Coasters" Travel Channel Blog

Sun May 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Some of you may know that I've been doing some work for Travel Channel including being on shows like "Insane Coaster Wars", but I've also been writing a few articles for their website and blog. The latest of which featured 15 of the "World's Coolest Roller Coasters."

Here's the article: http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/family/photos/worlds-coolest-roller-coasters

Please be sure to click the "LIKE" or "TWEET" icon on the first image! Would love to get everyone's support on this article!

Enjoy! =)

--Robb
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun May 12, 2013 8:15 pm.

Re: Robb Alvey's "World's Coolest Coasters" Travel Channel B

Sun May 12, 2013 8:20 pm

cool :)

Sun May 12, 2013 8:24 pm

This is by far my favorite amusement park article outside of an enthusiast website. At least I don't need to cringe in this article.

Sun May 12, 2013 8:32 pm

This article is essentially my roller coaster bucket list. Great read!

Sun May 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Awesome! Great stuff Robb. =)

Sun May 12, 2013 9:55 pm

It started off good, but then kinda went weird. Kumba? I wasn't expecting that. And where's the love for Maverick? Unfortunately, I've only been on one of these (I305) when the trims were on. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the El Toro and Bizarro credits soon, though.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Outstanding article! I like articles like these, ones that give a quick glance to a number of top tier coasters all over the world. This is very well written and features a better selection than almost all the other similar articles I've read. It sounds almost like it could be your top fifteen list, and if the few I've been on are anything to go by that is an outstanding list.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 pm

GigaG wrote:It started off good, but then kinda went weird. Kumba? I wasn't expecting that. And where's the love for Maverick? Unfortunately, I've only been on one of these (I305) when the trims were on. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get the El Toro and Bizarro credits soon, though.

Where's the love for Maverick is quite simply there are better roller coasters in other places of the world. Had I only been in a few hundred coasters, most of them in the USA, sure, Maverick would be on that list. But I've been on 1,500 across the planet, and as much as Maverick may be one of my faves in the USA, it just didn't quite crack that list.

Oh, and if you've never been on Kumba, why are you judging my selection of it?
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun May 12, 2013 10:05 pm.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Well done, and thank you for the list.
I have ridden none of these coasters, and many of them I have never even heard of before.

Sun May 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Great article - I've only been on Superman Escape so far (Australia represent!) but should get to ride some others on the list in the next few weeks.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS