TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventure City getting new coaster for 2013?

Nothing has been announced (that I've seen) but if you look at the Adventure City Website Rides and Attractions page (http://adventurecity.com/rides-and-attractions/default.aspx) and hover over Tree-Top Racers it says New Family Coaster coming for 2013.

Anybody hear anything about what this could be?

1228331210_AdventureCity.thumb.jpg.571e1506519078a03e5157927cd29eb4.jpg

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, too bad about Tree Top Racers. Not only was it adorable, but I actually found it pretty exciting since it was one of my first mice, and only my second classic model. At least it has three remaining siblings I could return to if so desired.

I would be happy to come check out the new ride sometime, especially since the park's enthusiast-friendliness is pretty well confirmed these days. Yay for more California credits!

My two experiences at this park have been positive. The grounds were kept well, the rides and themes were nice and kid appropriate and they seemed to pack in the families and parties. Even in February at 8 at night the place was busy. Perhaps my visits were the exception to the rule and the wait for TTR was about 25 minutes, but I have no doubt this business model works. Replacing a worn out ride with a newer, 'kid' friendly attraction, probably isn't such a bad idea.

• 4 weeks later...

^Definitely. I used to go to KBF every Friday with Dan for the Westcoaster updates, and it took us a few years before we decided to venture down the street to get the credit. Hopefully whatever replaces it will bring me back!

Given Adventure City's demographic, I'm guessing this new coaster will be something like a new mouse (hopefully a better one than Tree Top Racers, which was just okay) or a Vekoma family coaster. Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll end up visiting this park again for the first time in over a decade (I used to visit two-three times per year when I was younger, but haven't been since 2000).

I wonder if they're getting something like Wooden Warrior?

If a wooden coaster gets built there, it would definitely go down as the world's most compact wooden coaster to fit in that footprint.

^He's saying the spot that Tree Top Racers currently occupies is quite small, so we can infer that the coaster that will be taking its place will have to fit into that same small plot of land.

I wonder if they're getting something like Wooden Warrior?

If a wooden coaster gets built there, it would definitely go down as the world's most compact wooden coaster to fit in that footprint.

I didn't mean a clone. I meant a family wooden coaster.

Even still, fitting any size woodie into the space of a Miler mouse would be quite an accomplishment.