TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2013 TPR Tour Questionnaire is out!

TPR_Tours_Logo.jpg.8670c849f7fdd9a457e9d3fb768ae9ac.jpg

Hey everyone!

It is that time of the year again where we get to ask all of you which potential TPR Tours you're interested in for the upcoming year!

Here is the link to the questionnaire: http://www.themeparkreview.com/questionnaire/2013_questionnaire.php

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Please only fill this questionnaire out if you are SERIOUSLY INTERESTED in a TPR Tour in 2013!

And we need everyone who is interested in a tour to fill this out, as the outcome of this questionnaire will help us determine which tours we do in 2013.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread and we will answer the best we can.

Thank you for your help!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ This isn't a registration, it's a questionnaire. The outcome of this will determine which tours we do next year. Once that is decided, we'll open up registration. That won't be until at least October.

--Robb "Was this not clear?" Alvey

Robb and Elissa, I really am interested in the Northern Japan trip, but I had a quick question concerning the price. On New Hotness, I remember one of you mentioning the price of Hotels on Disney property being very high.

1. Will we most likely be staying on property (I'm sure the hotels are fantastic).

2. Will there be an option for Quad occupany for the Disney portion? I assume it would be a stretch, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I just filled out the questionaire, the Japan trip sounds fantastic as always but I will be going to Japan and China next month so I will be doing all the Japan parks then so I will have to really think about that one BUT it looks like it will be good. Plus it always seems TPR has the most fun on the Japan trips. Mini UK trip looks great, not too expensive and airfare to the UK is really reasonable so really for around 2g's this would be a great and affordable trip and from my experiance i went to Alton Towers 2 years ago in September and the park was empty so that would be a bonus. The best trip is the midwest trip. Gatekeeper, Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler on the same trip... how can you go wrong.

^^Also you can get airfare to Japan from most places in the US for around $1200 so it's not as crazy as you're making it out to be.

I just looked it up. Early June depart and Late June arrive. BOS to TYO. If I went on multiple airlines, I can get it down to $1181.10. Non-stop on AA is $2012.10. These flights are coach. The cheapest first class seats cost around what Japan Airlines wants coach. Delta for $5158.58 and AA non-stop for $6521.10 (Other airlines have much better first class seats). Since it is a very long flight, I do think it is better to break it up into 1-stop on same airline so you are less likely to lose your luggage.

Yeah, $1200+fees sounds pretty good!

So 3K for the parks, 1.5K flight (fees, taxis, etc.), and since it is a month, I'm thinking $30 spending money a day for food/supplies/etc. So $900 for that and I'm thinking $600 as emergent cash.

So I think I will need a minimum of $6K for the trip.

Even if that's the case. The trips are so worth every dollar spent. The new hotness tour was the best theme park trip I've been on.

I have two questions:

1. Any chance Holiday World will make the Mid West Tour?

2. Also on the Texas/Mid West Tour, could you skip the Texas part of the tour and meet up with the group for rest of Mid west? (not that I don't want ERT on NTAG or iRON) If not, I'm still very interested in that whole tour.

Japan!!!

Are the dates/time frames provisional? Or will the trips definitely run in the times that are specified on the questionnaire?

The reason I ask is that my best friend is getting married at the end of June, so it doesn't look like I'd be able to go. If not, I'll wait for the next time

Chrissie 'Desperate to go to Japan' Stevenson

Hi,

Any chance the Schwarzkopf @ Isla San Marcos Parque Tematico, Could be added to the Mexico trip as an add on?

I don't think we would add the Aguascalientes area on to the Mexico Trip. We're trying to do some 'cheaper, shorter' International trips for our participants who have been asking for that as an option.

I think you'd be able to add on that area with a couple of people to the trip no problem and I'd be happy to help!

Robb and Elissa, I really am interested in the Northern Japan trip, but I had a quick question concerning the price. On New Hotness, I remember one of you mentioning the price of Hotels on Disney property being very high.

1. Will we most likely be staying on property (I'm sure the hotels are fantastic).

2. Will there be an option for Quad occupany for the Disney portion? I assume it would be a stretch, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

The trip would most likely include a stay at a partner Disney hotel such as the Hilton Tokyo Bay. This is on property, but not an official hotel. (Think WDW Swan and Dolphin, but even closer to the action!)

If people were going to add on time at Disney (which we will be doing, and offer to help others) you could totally try and get some more people to crash in a room. Keep in mind this is Japan, and it will be very hard to find rooms with more than two beds. The official Disney hotels do have some three bed rooms, but they're very expensive.

Just one remark Is it possible to add the starting and ending airport? Could be possible that some people choose a trip because of the airfare

This is just a basic questionnaire to get an idea of which trips you'd like to see offered. They could easily change in makeup before they're actually announced so we will not put airports on them. If you can't figure out a basic idea of what the airfare would be just post or email. It's not too hard to figure out rough ideas.

Submitted my questionaire and currently saving up for N. Japan. Having never flown on a plane or booked a flight, will help be provided on this?

Of course. We always open up the private trip forums and have a thread dedicated to watching flight prices and meeting up so people don't have to travel alone if they don't want to.

^^Also you can get airfare to Japan from most places in the US for around $1200 so it's not as crazy as you're making it out to be.

I just looked it up. Early June depart and Late June arrive. BOS to TYO. If I went on multiple airlines, I can get it down to $1181.10. Non-stop on AA is $2012.10. These flights are coach. The cheapest first class seats cost around what Japan Airlines wants coach. Delta for $5158.58 and AA non-stop for $6521.10 (Other airlines have much better first class seats). Since it is a very long flight, I do think it is better to break it up into 1-stop on same airline so you are less likely to lose your luggage.

Yeah, $1200+fees sounds pretty good!

So 3K for the parks, 1.5K flight (fees, taxis, etc.), and since it is a month, I'm thinking $30 spending money a day for food/supplies/etc. So $900 for that and I'm thinking $600 as emergent cash.

Wow, so you've already reduced what you thought you needed by $2k! See how easy that was!

I have two questions:

1. Any chance Holiday World will make the Mid West Tour?

2. Also on the Texas/Mid West Tour, could you skip the Texas part of the tour and meet up with the group for rest of Mid west? (not that I don't want ERT on NTAG or iRON) If not, I'm still very interested in that whole tour.

1 - Most likely not. We've played around with a few different itineraries for the Texas/Midwest Tour and the one presented was the best for a multitude of reasons.

2 - We do not piece out the tours. You're more than welcome to sign up, pay the full amount, but meet up with us 2 or 3 days into the trip, or head out 2 or 3 days early, we've had people do this before.

Japan!!!

Are the dates/time frames provisional? Or will the trips definitely run in the times that are specified on the questionnaire?

The reason I ask is that my best friend is getting married at the end of June, so it doesn't look like I'd be able to go. If not, I'll wait for the next time

Chrissie 'Desperate to go to Japan' Stevenson

Unless something major comes up in our personal schedules, these are the correct time frames for the trips.

I may be new to the forum and no one really knows me, but I'm more than down for the Japan trip.

I'm not sure how these TPR Tours work entirely though. I know it's deposit based, so does that mean a %age of it is up front and I can pay the rest sometime before a deadline near the trip? I could totally do like 500 up front and pay the rest monthly or something. This would, actually, be the only way for me to do it.

So the trip is 7-10 days, correct? Travel to/from most places is covered for the Tour portion. We'll have time to explore without the group as well? It would be neat to run around for a few to check it out. In all reality I would only stay for the TPR Tour part, as money would be an issue past what I can get for the tour, plus a little extra per day for extras.

Cheers,

garb