TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop for Selva Magica (Mexico)!

According this IAAPA.org news release from november 2011, the Selva Magica park in Mexico will have a classic Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop coaster in 2012, with the name "The Bullet".

They are talking about the former Flamingo Land coaster that left the park in 2005 and got lost after that.

Selva Magica, in Guadalajara, Mexico, will add a Schwarzkopf shuttle roller coaster called “The Bullet.” The ride will stand 131- feet (40-meters) at its highest point and reach speeds of 80 kilometers per hour (50 miles per hour). http://www.selvamagica.com.mx

Because the official Selva Magica website (http://www.selvamagica.com.mx) still has no sign of The Bullet I would like to know if this rollercoaster had allready appeared in the Mexican park.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually only 1 Schwarzkopf rollercoaster has really died in Mexico, the former SFMM Wildcat Mountain Express.

Katapulta (a katapult coaster) was removed from Selva Mágica in 1998 and sent to Schwarzkopf's factory in Germany. The ride arrived damaged and it isn't known what became of it.

A JumboJet coaster (former Alton Towers new beast) was sold to a Columbian park after a short stay at a Mexican park. And it is operating well since 2010.

Mexico has yet 4 operational Schwarzkopf rollercoasters:

* Cascabel - Shuttle loop @ La Feria Chapultepec Magico since 1994

* Montaña Infinitum - former Dreierlooping/Magnum Force @ La Feria Chapultepec Magico since 2007

* Tornado - JumboJet (former Glissade @ BGW) @ Selva Mágica since 2002

* Tsunami - former Thriller/Zonga @ Isla San Marcos Parque Temático since 2008

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?nm=na&co=6844&pl=2&ot=2

It seems like Mexico and central America are all safe havens for all the Schwartzkopfs that we got rid of. I really hope it is Weiner Looping, because that ride looked like 100% more badass than any Vekoma Boomerang coaster, and I LIKE boomerangs. I personally believe Boomerangs are both convienient and fun, and considering how a park takes care of them, the headbanging can be kept to a minimum.

It also could be a chance that it could be thet Katapult at Hopi Hari, seeing as it's in an SBNO state for some reason. Katapult was the world's first launching coaster and it first operated as King Cobra at Kings Dominion.

OR, and this is probably a product of my own wishful thinking, but I REALLY hope it's a Katapul. All of them are probably in storage someplace, waiting to be built, it would definetly breathe new life into the coaster and could bring more back. (Just my luck, the first Schwartkopf Katapul to be rebuilt will be at Dorney )

It seems like Mexico and central America are all safe havens for all the Schwartzkopfs

S-C-H-W-A-R-Z-K-O-P-F. SCHWARZKOPF. LEARN THE MASTER'S NAME, PLEASE.

I sure hope this is true, although it would be a massive shame for it to leave the UK.

From what I understand, Bullet hasn't been in the UK for quite a few years now...

In all reality: I suspect they have acquired a second-hand shuttle loop coaster rather than Wienerlooping as is described. Granted, I'd love to see a fifth Schwarzkopf rebuilt in Mexico/Central America, especially if it IS the Wienerlooping. Preservation of these classics is always good- in one form or another.

(Of course, for all we know this could be the final resting place for Tidal Wave(s)/Greezed Lightning from SFKK, too.)

Praise be to Anton, Amen.

This will be great. Now I really REALLY need to get down to Mexico ASAP. IIRC, Anton Schwarzkopf's son Weiland refurbished the ride. Hopefully he hasn't outfitted the trains with his "new" OTSRs. Lap bars I'm sure are more than adequate.

Can anyone give a detailed review of this year? I've heard it's good, aggressive. But you know, us coaster geeks (especially us Anton fanboys) wanna know more!

I sure hope this is true, although it would be a massive shame for it to leave the UK.

From what I understand, Bullet hasn't been in the UK for quite a few years now...

It's sitting all refurbished at Vekoma's factory, I meant "leave the UK" as in "not come back to operate in the UK". I was praying to the coaster lords that Blackpool Pleasure Beach or someone (hell, I'd ride it if it were built in a sewer) around here would buy it! I want a chance to experience it again, it was just utterly incredible!

^It took me a while to learn how to spell "Schwarzkopf" correctly...and I've owned Schwarzkopf hair products! Maybe I'm uncultured, but "Schwarzkoph" just made a lot more sense at first.

Anyway, Schwarzkopfs are a big reason I really want to do a Mexico coaster trip. And yes, I do have other reasons. I'd like to ride the "rarest" (for enthusiasts) of the Mobius woodies, and also...I kinda have a thing for Morgan hypers.

IIRC, Anton Schwarzkopf's son Weiland refurbished the ride. Hopefully he hasn't outfitted the trains with his "new" OTSRs. Lap bars I'm sure are more than adequate.

Well if you look on this picture at RCDB; you can clearly see that the train now has OTSR. I do not know if they are a later addition of Weiland or that this ride had always these restraints. I know that these restrains are thoroughly inspected but not modified during the rides most recent refurbishment before it was shipped over to Mexico.

Darn... I thought Bullet had over the shoulder straps, I didn't know the accordions were added.

I've heard the accordions on Mindbender don't inch down on you... or is the opposite? Or has it changed over the years? The similar restraints on Wild Hawg at Indiana Beach are a bit "in your way" but they don't come down during the ride, and they're not as bad as full OTSRs.

^It took me a while to learn how to spell "Schwarzkopf" correctly...and I've owned Schwarzkopf hair products! Maybe I'm uncultured, but "Schwarzkoph" just made a lot more sense at first.

Sounds like you didn't pronounce it correctly. You pronounce both the p and the f, so dropping the f doesn't make sense.

ssh-warts-kop-f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YjdQrB9OhE#t=49s

^^The accordions on Bullet and Mindbender were fine. Not amazing, as it's weird riding a Schwarzkopf coaster with anything over your shoulders to me, but they don't crush you. Just make sure to keep your shoulders broad and try not to let the G-Forces push you (and then the harness) down as well.

Bullet is like, really intense all around, right? If there are really high positive Gs throughout the ride (which I'm sure there are), it makes sense to have the accordion, or any shoulder harness for that matter. The harness keeps you seated in an upright position for the entire ride.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. If you didn't have a harness, and all of a sudden hit one of those crazy high-G moments that everyone rides Schwarzkopf coasters for, your entire upper body would be forced forward and downward if you were even slightly off of the back of the seat, putting five to six Gs of stress straight down on your back and neck. That sort of thing unintentionally happened to me when I rode Sooperdooperlooper recently during the initial "kick" of the loop.

This might be trivial to people like us who know that we're supposed to stay seated completely upright during the entire ride, but it only takes one person to not read the ride rules, get hurt, and cause trouble for everyone. It's better to make sure everyone is forced to stay upright, and according to many of the opinions here, Schwarzkopf coasters do it comfortably.

Olympia Looping, Wiener Looping (Bullet), and WEM Mindbender all have the accordions, and they're considered by many to be Schwarzkopf's craziest (and most intense, Mindbender pulls almost seven Gs!) creations, right? Texas Tornado had them as well.