Marineland animals suffering, former staffers say

P. 8: More news, lawsuits, OSPCA and government orders
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Marineland animals suffering, former staffers say

Postby bert425 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:00 pm

Philrad71 wrote:Hopefully this will operate longer than their Topple Tower did.

And hopefully people will be able to find it within the park as I am sure that there won't be another ride located within a half mile of it. :lol:

it it's going where Topple Tower was? then it's literally across the walkway from Dragon Mountain :)
(and just up the "street" from the bear ride & Orca Teacups)

but yeah. .it's a long ass haul to get back over there from the front gates
IMG_4160.JPG
IMG_4161.JPG
IMG_4163a.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Fri May 22, 2020 5:02 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:The one at Blackpool was a particularly bad example (it ran very slowly), but despite this I still agree with Garet that they are not as bad as they look. I'm not a huge spin ride fan, but I do love the Star Shape and it's a shame there are not more of them.

Apparently it's going to Fantasy Island, whose old Top Scan used to run a pretty intense cycle, so hopefully they may run a better cycle with it than Blackpool did.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby tanthonyam » Sat May 23, 2020 12:52 am

I thought this park was in danger of closing permanently?

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby SoCalJasonland » Sat May 23, 2020 10:42 am

They could rent $50 Segways, electric go-carts, or golf carts and let you zip around between the attractions. People drive golf carts on a golf course. Shouldn't be much os a stretch to rent a 4 seat cart to a family with a cooler in the back for $50 and make some extra money. Add a 12-pack of soda cans for $24 or so. Sandwiches, salads, can/plastic bottled drinks, picnic food, etc.. Possibly don't even have to keep the restaurants in the park open on slow days.
I love to roam where the wild things are.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Honorarius » Sat May 23, 2020 4:09 pm

With typical crowd levels at Marineland, there's less chance of hitting someone there with a golf cart there than there is at a golf course...

Postby bert425 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:09 pm

I thought I heard something about them putting a train loop. . or doing shuttles.

I wonder if that ever happened?

whatever happened with the land they were clearing and working on for the Bird Expansion (that we saw when we were there in 2017). . .I know that plan didn't happen, but the land was already being cleared and worked on. . did anything go there?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby LegendLover » Sun May 24, 2020 8:44 am

bert425 wrote:I thought I heard something about them putting a train loop. . or doing shuttles.

I wonder if that ever happened?

whatever happened with the land they were clearing and working on for the Bird Expansion (that we saw when we were there in 2017). . .I know that plan didn't happen, but the land was already being cleared and worked on. . did anything go there?

They have a tram/train that takes guests around the park, including to the top of Sky Screamer Mountain. Personally, I actually love walking around the park; it feels like a bunch of nature trails. Last time I checked, they did have a bunch of monorail track in storage. I don't know what the plan for that is if anything is going to happen with it.

The Bird Sanctuary has been cancelled for right now, at least building it from the ground up. It is quite possible that the former Aquarium Dome could be retrofitted to feature bird exhibits. Part of it was remodeled to house the new Magellanic South American Penguins. That large plot of land was originally planned to be a massive expansion to feature multiple indoor exhibits, but it wouldn't surprise me if the funds for the project were redirected since the park is taking a new direction.

Postby bert425 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:57 am

:nina:

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!