IMG World of Adventure

P. 10: 2nd Gate: World of Legends announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Re: IMG Worlds of Adventure Dubai

Postby mpmbee » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:10 am

The tickets seem really expensive to me, $81 for adults and $69 for children seems a lot. Is that the going rate for attractions in this area?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:24 am

mpmbee wrote:The tickets seem really expensive to me, $81 for adults and $69 for children seems a lot. Is that the going rate for attractions in this area?

Yeah, about that. Hopefully it ends up in the Entertainment book.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby dubaidave » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:33 am

I will be attending opening day so I will see how busy it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby rosscoe » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:19 am

mpmbee wrote:The tickets seem really expensive to me, $81 for adults and $69 for children seems a lot. Is that the going rate for attractions in this area?

Sadly that's the going rate these days, the area has got way more pricey since I started going five or so years ago.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:11 am

^Yeah, I've noticed all of the prices for everything in the UAE has gone up. It's like they realized what they had and raised prices to match as opposed to before when it was more of a bargain.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterFEV » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:06 am

SharkTums wrote:^Yeah, I've noticed all of the prices for everything in the UAE has gone up. It's like they realized what they had and raised prices to match as opposed to before when it was more of a bargain.

They still offer a bunch of "UAE Resident" discounts to most of the parks and water parks in the region. It's very similar to how the parks in the Orlando/Tampa area offer Florida Resident discounts - particularly during the slower months.

A great example is the Aquaventure waterpark at Atlantis the Palm that costs 260 AED ($71) for a day's admission - but the rate for UAE Residents is 195 AED ($53). The parks here (just like the ones in Central Florida) take great care of the local residents!

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby dubaidave » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:21 am

I don't care how much they cost. I have waited 20 years for a decent theme park in this region and we will soon have loads.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:29 pm

dubaidave wrote:I don't care how much they cost. I have waited 20 years for a decent theme park in this region and we will soon have loads.

Haha, that is another way to look at it :lol:
But it still is rather expensive, and that will probably keep some of the guests away..
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. iSpeed - Mirabilandia

Coasters: 291 || Parks: 55

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:53 pm

CoasterFEV wrote:
SharkTums wrote:^Yeah, I've noticed all of the prices for everything in the UAE has gone up. It's like they realized what they had and raised prices to match as opposed to before when it was more of a bargain.

They still offer a bunch of "UAE Resident" discounts to most of the parks and water parks in the region. It's very similar to how the parks in the Orlando/Tampa area offer Florida Resident discounts - particularly during the slower months.

A great example is the Aquaventure waterpark at Atlantis the Palm that costs 260 AED ($71) for a day's admission - but the rate for UAE Residents is 195 AED ($53). The parks here (just like the ones in Central Florida) take great care of the local residents!

That makes sense, thanks for the insight!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:35 pm

They should make sure they even get to one million before they start talking 4.5. I can't find exact attendance numbers for Ferrari World but most sources pin it around 900,000, so matching five times that number is going to be one hell of a tall order. I know Dubai is the fastest growing tourist destination in the world right now but going in with expectations that high sounds like a recipe for catastrophe.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!