TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

IMG World of Adventure

This is inaccurate. The Pokémon Company is owned by three partners: Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc, and the company can operate without heavy Nintendo supervision, but Nintendo is the sole owner of the Pokémon trademark. IMG wouldn't be able to use the brand without Nintendo's approval.

Oh, I have to disagree. When Pokemon Go was at its peak and Nintendo stocks went up, they released a statement saying that they only owned 32% of the company, or just shy of a majority, and that they get -some- licensing fees. The whole point of the company is to market and license the Pokemon franchise. It's not like there's a "Zelda Company" or something like that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That definitely looks like a B&M diving coaster for the Ubisoft corner. For those unfamiliar with the Assassin's Creed video game series, the characters can get a view of the map they are in from atop very tall structures in the game which updates the map around them so the player can see the location of places and items. To exit these lookout locations, the character leaps from the building into a bale of hay or water to land safely. A stuntman was also seen filming this exact stunt for the upcoming film. These jumps were called "Leaps of Faith" I would not be surprised if this turned out to be the theme, if this is in fact an Assassin's Creed coaster.

• 2 years later...
So apparently IMG Worlds of Adventure got a bunch of really bad red carpeting everywhere for some reason? Any of the UAE people hear why or when?

I don't see it before Chinese New Year...perhaps it was in celebration for that and to entice more Chinese travelers to visit?

I was just there two days ago and thought the park looked amazing. My focus was on the lights and facades rather than the floor.

In fact, I had to look back at my photos to even see there was a red carpet since I didn't notice it.

• 2 weeks later...