TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

Hey guys! It is that time of year again! Halloween Horror nights 22 is just around the corner! The event has now been officially revealed, so without further ado, here is this year's event!

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

HHN is back. This year there will be no escaping the horror that awaits, including terrifying houses like AMC’s “The Walking Dead”, Silent Hill, Alice Cooper and Penn & Teller. There are also several new horror houses that will be worth the wait…

What were once just ghastly rumors about an old, abandoned house have come to life as actual bone-chilling apparitions in “Dead End;” the still, stone protectors of an ancient European cathedral have awakened to fight intruders off at any cost in “Gothic;” and Universal’s legacy of horror continues as the classic monsters of fear appear in blinding black and white in “House of Horrors.”

558489_10151060846153233_954310540_n.jpg

If enough people believe in something, perception can become reality. In Carey, Ohio, the perception was that countless horrific acts had occurred in the old Hartford Mansion. The reality was that the curse which befell the house was far worse than any story ever told.

552013_10151060846198233_1074995765_n.jpg

574726_10151060856553233_349810363_n.jpg

The Catedral de Caementum Animus is, by day, undergoing a building-wide architectural refurbishment. By night, the many stone gargoyles that keep watchful eye over the sanctuary come to life with the mission of protecting this sacred place against intrusion.

206190_10151060846238233_2019210303_n.jpg

This is no remake. No sequel. No re-imagining. These are Universal’s classic monsters of fear, who have terrified audiences from the Silver Screen. They have been waiting within silver celluloid to be resurrected. The flash of a lightning strike cuts the darkness that surrounds, and terror’s true faces take back what is theirs…

304930_10151060846283233_237590434_n.jpg

There is strength in numbers, and you must band together to make it through many of the iconic settings made famous by the critically-acclaimed AMC television series, “The Walking Dead.” As the city is crawling with hordes of walkers, the issue of your becoming one of them is not a question of if, but when.

294689_10151060846358233_78955403_n.jpg

In the eerie and desolate town of Silent Hill, ash falls from the sky and the physical laws of nature no longer apply. If you dare to venture into this alternate dimension, there is only one law of nature with which you must concern yourself: survival.

561601_10151060846428233_1539998008_n.jpg

Journey into the legendary rocker Alice Cooper’s twisted mind and witness the natural melding of horror and Cooper’s four decades-long career. Here you will follow Steven, the iconic character from many of Cooper’s works, as you come face-to-face with a myriad of tormentors who threaten an already-decaying sense of sanity.

294336_10151060846523233_123224531_n.jpg

World-renowned magicians Penn & Teller have accidentally nuked Las Vegas, but don’t worry, it’s nothing a fresh coat of paint and a truckload of BS can’t fix. Come on down to New Vegas, where all that glitters isn’t gold, and in fact probably has fatal levels of radioactivity.

305249_10151060846573233_186271056_n.jpg

Party on as those two most excellent dudes return to skewer the biggest names in entertainment and pop culture.

293127_10151060846628233_1254740310_n.jpg

The 20 Penny Circus brings its “Magic For People With Questionable Taste” to an unsuspecting Halloween Horror Nights audience.

"Scare Zones"

And we’ve got a completely reinvented street experience…

They will find you and invade your personal space like never before. There will be no boundaries. The rules of the past will no longer apply. Roaming legions of menacing beasts, vampires, prisoners, warriors and more will inhabit every corner of the park. There is no escape.

halloween_horror_nights_logo_univeral_orlando.JPG.f75d3b82df7001778e4ff80afeb3fb8a.JPG

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they use the parade building again, that has been one of the better locations the past couple of years. It is sad to see the Jaws que house go but I'm more sad about there not being any more amazing Jaws night rides .

I hope the Bill and Ted Show finally gets back up to par, that show used to be the highlight of the event for me every year but it's been pretty disappointing for me here lately. Seems like between the Hunger Game, Twilight, and The Avengers (and obviously a lot more) there should be some decent source material to work with this year so hopefully the show gets back to where it was.

I don't know anything about the Walking Dead but it's seems pretty popular and very well done. There's usually some kind of Zombie House every year anyways so it should fit in nicely. Wonder if they will use any other licensed movies/tv shows themes for houses this year?

Any rumors about Rocky Horror possibly returning? My fingers are crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well, the Walking Dead is awesome as a TV show....how will they make it crazy good as a maze? It's just zombies, not too much else...the show works on emotion, the drama between the actors, etc. Oh, wait, I heard you can frequently find naked face-eating zombies at the exit ramps of most highways in Florida, right?

.how will they make it crazy good as a maze?

You set up recognizable scenes from the show and you have a bunch of zombies jump out at you. Same formula as any house based off a popular tv show/movie. Also, a simulated shotgun blast or two always helps.

I was just at Universal today, and the Distaster queue already has the green mesh blocking the view of the house. On the side there was an opening and from the looks of things they have a frame up for the Barn from the Farm and the scene before that will be the RV. I couldn't take any pictures do to not having my camera and my temporary replacement phone has no camera. Really excited about this house.

I thought it was interesting that the dates are starting a week earlier this year - 2 weekends in September! Also I am kinda excited to see what they do with the Herc/Xena queue - it was VERY awkward when they used it for a maze before.

^There is also rumors that a barn structure is currently being built back there. And I agree with you. If it this is based off the second season, I guess that means seven scenes of slow, boring build-up, with one awesome scene at the end.

^In general, it is less crowded for the first couple of weekends but it is hard to predict. It is very possible to get all of the houses done without buying Express Pass (even on a peak night), but it really helps if you take advantage of the Stay and Scream combo ticket. You are taken to a waiting area and are usually released before the front gates officially open. This allows you to stay ahead of the bulk of the crowd and get all the houses done (or most of them) before the waits get extremely long. So, if you wanted to do one of the park during the day, this option would be perfect for you.

There used to be a pretty fail-proof method of starting at the parade building and working your way counter-clockwise around the park, because the way you exited the parade building put you right at the entrance of the first tent house and you could easily work your way around to the back of the park without backtracking. But who knows if they are even using the parade building this year, and now you have the Herc/Xena soundstage house that hasn't been used in years.

After saying all of this, I would get an Express Pass if you are only planning on going once! It is so hard to predict when it will be crowded and this guarantees you at least one visit through each house and likely more if you can stay ahead of the crowds.

I have always been able to do everything the first couple of weekends without an express pass - but you need to be there pre-opening and hustle to knock out a few houses before it gets dark and everyone else gets there. That being said, will you actually be living in Orlando? Buy a frequent fear pass and do a few days so you can repeat your favorites, have time to see bill and ted, etc.

Right, I'm coming over from the UK and will have a Flexi Ticket Plus - which gives you unlimited 14 day access to Universal, IOA, Busch, Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet n Wild. I want to go to HHN one night but would prefer to stay and scream. Seeing as I already have a 14 day ticket, would they have an option to just pay for the evening, and not have to pay for the day and night? How much would it be?

Did that even make any sense?

Thanks!

Right, I'm coming over from the UK and will have a Flexi Ticket Plus - which gives you unlimited 14 day access to Universal, IOA, Busch, Seaworld, Aquatica and Wet n Wild. I want to go to HHN one night but would prefer to stay and scream. Seeing as I already have a 14 day ticket, would they have an option to just pay for the evening, and not have to pay for the day and night? How much would it be?

Did that even make any sense?

Thanks!

They usually offer an upgrade from your day ticket for around $35 I think.

Tickets are now on sale for HHN 22! A general admission ticket will run you $88.99. Frequent Fear Passes are going for $81.99 this year.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

Click "Tickets & Packages" at the top right.

They are also offering a "Rush of Fear" pass this year where you get all nights for the first three weeks for $69.99!

Edited by ernierocker

Very excited to see where this year goes....but very sad to not be living in Orlando. Going to HHN every week is the main thing I'll miss from living there. I guess I'll have to plan a trip down....my ideal trip would be a wednesday-saturday...Hitting it on less busier nights. Although the last few years I've only really enjoyed because going multiple times allows you to pick up details and scares you might have never seen.

I love the parade building houses, I'm not sure why...but they tend to be my favorite, or top 3. I was really hoping they were just holding out, because we lost the Jaws house. Well what I did not think about is the fact that they are probably storing two parades in their now, as opposed to one...(the new parade) I could be wrong for I have no idea, but if thats the case....then I guess no parade building this year.

I have never been to an event where they had 7 houses...I hear they are longer then when they do 8....can anybody confirm this? I assume that is meant for the sound stages which have the room to do more. Also, maybe more scare zones? Considering last year had some awesome ones....and am I the only one who thinks a Nightmaze house would be awesome? Can't wait to hear more!

The rush of fear looks like a really good deal seeing as how I was planning on going twice during the second week anyway. Was surprised to not see any options for express yet but I am sure they are going to be selling it when horror nights gets closer. Also, hope the rumors of a walking dead house are true.