Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Hanno's picture of the day

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:05 pm

I don't know why but, to me, it looks like that would be a good image for a film cover (specifically a family comedy)
Nice shot

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 am

How about an image from Skara Sommarland?
Tranan
Attachments
DSC_3435.JPG

Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:13 am

Now I get it when people say that it feels like you could really fall.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:22 am

I have never ridden Tranan, and I don't know what it is about this ride, but I just love it! It is one, if not the most interesting coaster concept I have ever seen. I feel drawn to it, like a moth to a flame. It calls to me. Perhaps it caters to my slightly skewed view of life. There's just something not... ...it just doesn't seem right, and I love it for that. I must ride this one day. I need to ride it. Like a mermaid beckons sailors to their watery graves, Tranan beckons to me. Worse case scenario, I will be sure my ashes are taken on it if I should pass.

Speaking of which, if I do die, Robb & Elissa, can you take my ashes on a future Scandi trip and spread them on all the great coasters and strip clubs of that region? I would really appreciate it. Can you do dat fo a brotha?

Thanky.

And to get this back on topic. Beautiful picture Hanno. You can put a smidge of my ashes in one of your photo books for good measure. Just reach in, take a pinch, and apply sparingly.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:12 pm

rcjp wrote:Now I get it when people say that it feels like you could really fall.

Yep--the only restraint is a seat belt. The ride is a lot of fun, and Hanno's photo captures that perfectly.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:32 am

Twister at Grona Lund.
Fun coaster and always fun to try and find new photo angles
Attachments
DSC_4021.JPG

Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:36 am

Very cool shot, Hanno. I like the big tower in the background with all the flags flapping in the wind.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Twister surprised the hell out of me! I mean seriously that ride is amazing! I had no idea where I was, I couldnt follow the layout, it had airtime, speed, insane tight turns and just full of super awesomeness. I NEED TO GO BACK!

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Twister and Helix were the two coasters i was so much looking forward to riding on this tour.
Neither disappointed.
And Twister was a total surprise with so many (literal) twists in the tracks, and then
a part that I thought was "the end" of it. But it kept going on for a little while longer.

Twister was awesome! :airtime:

Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:04 pm

time for another Grona Lund image.
It does not matter where you look, there's always something fun/unique to see.
Attachments
DSC_5114.JPG
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS