Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 172: Soaring: Fantastic Flights opens on July 23rd, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Garet » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:36 pm

Probably not a surprise to anyone considering Tokyo is one of the areas declared a state of emergency but Tokyo Disney have extended their closure and will access again in mid-May with the Beauty and the Beast area not getting an opening date announcement until after the parks reopen:

The temporary closures of Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea have been extended in light of the increasing spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) and in response to the requests from the Japanese government and local authorities.
The reopening of the Parks, which had been planned for April 20 or beyond, has been extended further. The reopening date will be determined in mid-May, after which a new announcement will be sent out. Additionally, the opening of the Tokyo Disneyland Expansion new area will be determined and announced once the Parks have reopened

Source

Here's the official OLC announcement: http://www.olc.co.jp/ja/news/news_olc/20200409_2_01/main/0/link/20200409.pdf

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:10 pm

I put this in the Cirque du Soleil thread, but I felt it deserves to be seen here, too.

Cirque is going to stream, in under 15 minutes, a one hour special based on the sadly departed (and awesome ~ I saw it in 2011 before it closed) production of ZED! Starts at 8-EST...5-PST.

Here's the link to it: https://youtu.be/3zuBpFgxDCI

(Over 22,000 people are waiting for it to start! And me, lol. And counting...)
M12_ZED_Souvenirs.jpg
My souvenirs from ZED, when I saw it in 2011 at TDLR.
ZedTDLcirquedesoleil.jpg
...and I have the wonderful ZED soundtrack, too.
Resize of IMG_2888.JPG
The home that Cirque/TDLR built, for ZED. TPR 2011 Japan Tour.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:04 pm

^ omg - wow - omg - wow - it brought back so many memories
of the 90 minute production I saw, back in 2011. :smile:

And over 44,00 people watched it! Cool. When I saw the performance space , it all came
rushing back to me, how awesome just the theatre looked. So arena-like, and cavernous.

I loved it. Hope all of you who saw it, did too. :mickey:

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:47 pm

^^ That's pretty cool. The Trapeze act from Zed is the best I've ever seen, and funny story about it, that act was sent to Mystere in Vegas after Zed shut down. It replaced the High Bar act that used to be in the show. Same music, but the routine has, of course, changed over time. The acrobats are a great group of people, as well. For those that don't know, I used to work at Mystere as an automation tech. That trapeze setup was the second-most complicated scenic element in the theatre, but it broke down the least, funnily enough.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:39 pm

^ Am glad to read that at least one of ZED's acts got work, somewhere else.
The trapeze act was amazing. Good for them! :smile:

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:32 am

^ The tightrope act moved to Zarkana at Aria for a bit, too. That show was shut down a while ago, though, because it couldn't sell tickets.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat May 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Another thing I remember about this production, is how it has, for lack of a better word, de-volved
into this one hour online special we watched. The production of it I saw back in June of 2011, was a 90 minute,
one act version of the original show. And that...

...That has been for me, the best legendary trivia about Cirque I could ever dream up, lol!
For it seems that when ZED first premiered in that theatre, it was a two act production.

But eventually, it got around to the producers of it, that most of the entire audience (mainly local) was
leaving the building during Intermission! It seems a lot of them had never been to a show that had two acts,
and an intermission...... Who knew?!

So they trimmed it down to what I saw in 2011. 90 min. I had the program along to follow this
online version of it, and know of two acts that didn't appear in this version. And that was okay.
It certainly didn't take away, any of the intensity that I saw there, the other day. Good for them!

Bonus ZED Trivia!
I forgot to mention. The day I saw it, I was in queue to get my tickets. I had an online copy
with the right # on it, in my hand. One of who looked like Security, came up to me, and asked me
if she could see my ticket. One second of a look, and she asked me if I could follow her... please? :smile:

What she did, was VIP me to the front of the queue to get into the building, AND get a discount coupon
on merch I bought in their Gift Shop! No drink or snack perks, but that was okay. And then...

....Then, I find out. Not only does a rather large part of the section I am in, devoid of an audience,
(to my right) I am sharing part of my row with seven+ people...all from the 2011 TPR Japan Tour!
Apparently, we have all bought tickets for the same night and section, from around the world,
and they put us all together... in the same row.

That was something to enjoy in how random the world works, at times. :mickey:

(Blissing out on FANTASMIC! soundtrack from DisneySea. We saw it in 2013.)
E06_EmmaMeEars_TDL.jpg
Emma and me. She was heading over to see the next ZED show. And I had just returned from seeing it!
And note, TDLR wasn't selling any EARS at that time. Only headbands, like I have on. Now they do, tho.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed May 06, 2020 6:25 pm

http://www.tdrexplorer.com just posted a few photos of the
ongoing construction of the new-to-be Toy Story Hotel at TDLR.

There’s a lot coming to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea that it’s easy to overlook the new Toy Story Hotel being built. Set to open in fiscal 2021, this new value hotel is next-door to the popular Hilton Tokyo Bay.

There’s not much to see at the moment, but it’s still exciting to know there are more new things coming to Resort. Of course, we need the Parks to reopen first and open the new Beauty and the Beast attraction. Until then we can enjoy these construction photos.

Thanks for the update and photos, TDR Explorer! :mickey:

By the way, from the views I'm seeing, from all the new Fantasy Springs/Hotel construction, to this new hotel going up, I feel that the next time we (hopefully) check into the Tokyo Bay Hilton....we're going to get the ocean/water view side room. Any "park views" that are possible from such rooms, are going to have a lot of attractions' show buildings in those views...and the castle fireworks when they happen.

Just a thought on that.
ToyStoryHotel01.jpg
Photo taken from the Bayside Monorail Stn.
ToyStoryHotel01a.jpg
Closer shot.
ToyStoryHotel02.jpg
From the back. And the Bay-viewing side we'll hope to get for our future Tokyo Bay Hilton room. (o;

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Fri May 08, 2020 5:40 am

The temporary closures of Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea have been extended in response to the state of infections of the new coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as requests from the government and local municipalities.

The reopening of the Parks was to be decided in mid-May; however, based on the extension of the state of emergency declaration, hereafter, the decision on the reopening date will be made and announced once the requests from Government and local municipalities have been lifted.

Additionally, the opening date for the Tokyo Disneyland major expansion area will be determined once the situation can be gauged after reopening both parks.

Source

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:12 am

In case anyone needed this:
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!