Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 172: Soaring: Fantastic Flights opens on July 23rd, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:48 am

Bill, why do you believe there will be some sort of transportation? Or, even a walk way?

Honestly, there doesn't seem to be a need for an actual transportation "ride" because the lands are so close together between the two parks. Unlike Universal, where the lands are really far apart an warrant transportation.

If this connecting of the parks thing is true, I could see something along the lines of an elevated walkway connecting Arendelle to Beauty and the Beast area. I just don't see any practical need for a "ride" unless they are connecting different areas that we aren't thinking about.

I do hope they connect the parks, but if they do, I could also see them changing how park hoppers work. Changing to how the ticket works at all the other Disney Parks; same day, no restrictions.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:55 am

^ Call me a silly optimistic guy, I guess. :smile: If nothing comes of such a thing, that's cool.

And as I said before, we aren't planning to get over there until 2025. So anything can happen, until then! :mickey:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:28 pm

I have a hard time believing they would disrupt their current models of crowd control by linking the parks so easily.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:20 am

Found a couple of new (to me) photos on the net. One shows more of Maurice's Cottage, where Fast Pass machines for the Beauty/Beast attraction, should be located. The other is of a new Toontown sign that was just revealed, taking the place of one mounted on a wall. This has apparently provided photo ops, too. Yay Mickey!
fantasyland-expansion38.jpeg
ToontownSign-2019.jpeg
Looks nice, that sign does. Thank you to Spencer Lloyd, who took these two photos.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 am

that Toontown sign has been there for ~ two months (at least). . . here are the pics I took with it back in Oct :)

and yeah, saw TONS of folks taking pics with it, since I was hanging out near here to meet up with Jon once I discovered where I could get that Haunted Mansion candy holder!

Eventually these will show up in my TPR Spooktacular Trip report. . but since you can't help yourself, Bill, and scour the net for pics :p
IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1536.JPG
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:59 am

^ Oh Bert, you know me so well. :wink: And here's some photos of the new food and beverages that will be offered in the new Fantasyland expansion, when it opens next year.

Artwork and photos by Disney, and posted by http://www.tdrexplorer.com, thanks!
Gastons.jpg
Interior of La Taverne de Gaston Restaurant.
GastonsBerryBeerSoda.jpg
Gastons Berry Cheer Beer Soda
GastonsFrenchToastSandwich.jpg
French Toast Sandwich.
GastonsHuntersPie.jpg
Hunters Pie.
LeFous-CaramelAppleChurros.jpg
Le Fou's Snack Shop (beside Gaston's) will have Apple-Caramel Churros available. Yum!
popcorn-shop2020d.jpg
Not to be outdone, TomorrowLand's new Big Pop popcorn shop, will have these flavors available:
(l to r) Cookies & Cream; Strawberry Milk; Cheese & Caramel popcorn!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Besides the above, there's also to be three shops in this new part of FantasyLand,
all opposite Gaston's and LeFou's. :smile:

tdrexplorer.com wrote:
Guests will enter the Fantasyland expansion through Belle’s village, which will have three shops inspired by Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.

La Belle Librairie is based on Belle’s favourite bookstore and even has the rolling ladder from the film’s opening number.

Little Town Traders will be decorated with hand-made toys, candlesticks and dish-ware. The shop is shown in the concept area below, which has souvenirs based on fan-favourite characters.

Bonjour Gifts will be themed as a tailor and hat-maker’s shop with dresses and tools decorations.

Thank you to http://www.tdrexplorer.com for the post.
village-shoppes.jpg
Like shops in Main Street, you can pass thru one, into the other, by the look of the artwork here. Artwork by Disney.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:18 pm

There's a new construction posting at tdrexplorer.com of the new Fantasyland section being built.

https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneyland-construction-update-winter-2019/

Here's a couple of the many photos taken. Thanks tdrexplorer! :smile:
Expansion14.jpg
Disney Trivia: Tokyo Disneyland can now claim the honor of having TWO castles in it's park! While Beast's Castle is definitely much smaller than the central Cinderella Castle, it was decided to build this, in forced perspective that Disney Imagineering does best, as the entry facade into the new Beauty/Beast attraction.
Expansion15.jpg
Cool looking 3D painted mountains behind the entry and hiding the show building for
the new live performance theatre to open with everything else in TDL, in April.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:59 am

Jew wrote:I have a hard time believing they would disrupt their current models of crowd control by linking the parks so easily.

I agree with Joey. Just because the parks are expanding and adding capacity, it doesn't mean that the transportation network has to expand... If we were talking a third park, that might be a different story, but transportation systems are designed with anticipated needs that go well beyond 5-10 years worth of expected growth... If the parks were in dire need of additional transportation options, there should be no doubt that the Oriental Land Company would have already addressed the issue.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:30 am

Found a couple of recent photos, posted by @kerokero_2525...thank you! First, an overhead shot of the Resort. Second, a new pic of Beast's Castle in New Fantasyland, taken from a bit farther back, where you will head towards the attraction's show building.
overhead2020a.jpg
Expansion17.png

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!