Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 172: Soaring: Fantastic Flights opens on July 23rd, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

Postby Taylor Finn » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:45 am

I am grateful for all the expansions occurring around the resort. Hopefully will help spread out the crowds a bit (I know it'll be more than countered by further increases in crowds). But some more rides will do DisneySea a lot of good, regardless.
Last edited by Taylor Finn on Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:50 am.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:47 am

TurnOfTheCentury wrote:The expansion looks fantastic. I wonder why they are not doing a Matterhorn-style ride for Frozen: if there was ever a movie that seemed to set up that kind of ride, the Frozen sleigh ride scene down the mountain seemed to be it. (I have a soft spot for Matterhorn, and particularly love all the riding through the caverns inside the mountain -- there are so many cool things you can do with a coaster darting in and out of those spaces. I was disappointed that Everest comparatively had little to none of that (mostly in the dark). I sure wish they had executed that Swiss Pavillion plan for Epcot).

If I'm not mistaken, that kind of experience (though obviously not as huge) will be in Hong Kong Disneyland's Frozen expansion.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:21 pm

One thing I remember reading about the TDS expansion announcement, they did not want a clone of the water ride at EPCOT (repurposed Maelstrom). So who knows what this attraction will be like? Which makes it all the more exciting!

And the expansion at Hong Kong will have two Frozen attractions. One will be the (sort of) clone of the EPCOT water ride, the other a family coaster themed on Kristoff's sleigh. To me, the art concept looked like a redesigned Dwarfs Mine Train coaster.
NewStuff03b.png
HKDL's FrozenLand artwork. Looks a bit like the Mine Train Coaster. At least this front part does.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:26 pm

Posted on the net...recent construction of Fantasy Springs in TDS...

And about three weeks+ until SOARING Opens! :mickey:
disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5f.jpg
EDIT TO ADD: From the photo I just posted below, this looks like it's possibly the start of the new PETER PAN section of Fantasy Springs. And not the hotel I first thought. Thanks to whoever took this and posted it online. (o:
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:42 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:41 pm

Two new overhead shots of TDLR were published on a Japanese site, today. And upon closer look, it appears (to me) that the first photo is showing the PETER PAN section of Fantasy Springs in TDS being built. And you can just make out SOARING (and it's show building) in the middle of the second photo here.

By the way, if these two photos were placed side by side,
this would be an awesome panoramic shot of (most of) all the TDLR! :mickey:
disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5g.jpg
Above the PP construction area, is where I believe/think that the Tangled section will go.
And the entry pathway will enter between them. What I think/believe. (o:
Soarin20.jpg
Thanks to whoever (you are) got these great overhead shots and posted them. Arigato! (o:
disneysea-expansion-parkingLot5gALT.png
Right in the middle there, is SOARING~Fantastic Flight.
soaring-tokyo-disneysea.png
Opening July 23rd!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:16 pm

New sign posted on the construction walls of the new Tomorrowland flat ride. :mickey:
Expansion08.png
Expansion06.jpg
Art concept by Disney.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!